3-tension

Why Not Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I was surprised when Hae asked if you can tag along" Siwon said, his gestures big as usual.

Both Donghae and Hyukjae chuckled shyly, they were just starting to get to know each other, Hyukjae wanted to admit he was surprised too when Donghae invited him.

"you see, Donghae here begged for my friendship" Hyukjae joked making Siwon laugh hilariously.

Donghae glared warning Hyukjae, the gesture made Hyukjae laugh and Donghae laughed too "You wish".

"Yeah, Hae wouldn’t do that" Siwon said, his hand touching Donghae's thigh under the table.

It was the usual café Donghae goes, Haru & Oneday, Siwon asked to meet and here they are. Donghae and Siwon sitting besides each other and Hyukjae on the opposite.

 

Donghae tensed at the touch. He smiled nervously and looked at Hyukjae. He wished the latter didn’t notice his tension. Siwon pulled his hand to drink his Americano and Hyukjae drinking his strawberry shake.

"I'd never thought you'd be friends, really"

"We just accidentally around, Hyukjae have his studio close by" Donghae explained and again tensed when Siwon hand caressed his thigh.

 

What was that?....

 

Donghae couldn’t deny being close to Siwon several times before, his best friend was the touchy kind. He liked touching, hugging and all. Donghae used to like it, used to love it…

But now, Siwon is getting married and it hurt when they are this close, it hurts his feelings. Siwon should stop, Siwon should stop making him confused.

 

"yeah, you promised to come, I'll teach you some cool moves" Hyukjae said and Siwon laughed.

He looked extra excited somehow or Donghae just imagining things. Siwon was over reacting a bit.

"I'm telling you, this guy here is an amazing dancer" Siwon said pointing at Donghae "when he dances, everyone would lose their minds" Siwon continued and ruffled D onghae's hair.

Donghae felt embarrassed, he wasn’t a great dancer, he just liked to dance as a hobby. Siwon's just exaggerating.

"Don't listen to him" Donghae denied with embarrassment but Siwon turned to face him.

"Remember that time in my birthday, we had that dance challenge" Siwon said reminding Donghae of last year birthday party "You won that, wait" He said and turned toward Hyukjae "You were there too, right?" Siwon asked Hyukjae.

Donghae saw Hyukjae smile shyly and nodded. Was Hyukjae in the part? Donghae doesn’t remember him…

"Why you didn’t dance that time" Siwon asked and Hyukjae flinched at the question.

 

"I hurt my leg that time, I wasn’t allowed to dance" he explained looking at Donghae.

"Did you see me dance?" This time Donghae asked, curious if Hyukjae was there when they did the challenge.

Hyukjae caressed his hair "I'm not sure…" he smiled and the topic changed with Siwon bringing other memories of their college time.

 

Siwon was showing how much he and Donghae are close, Donghae felt like, maybe his friend is jealous of him befriending Hyukjae? He's maybe imagining it but still he knows Siwon for long time to know how he acts when he's being obsessive, which is not the first time he acts it.

 

"Hello" Siwon picks up when his mobile rang.

Both Donghae and Hyukjae finished their drink and ate the pancake they ordered-silently. Donghae left hand was comfortably adjusted at the table when suddenly Siwon hands lingered on top.

Donghae tensed at the gesture and he looked at Siwon to know what his friend is doing but the latter was busy speaking on the phone not noticing what he's doing.

Donghae mind distanced, he stared at their hands together till the sadness hit hard again and that’s when Donghae realized they are still in the Café and Hyukjae is there. He rapidly took off his eyes off their hands and looked at Hyukjae.

Hyukjae's eyes was on their hands before raising it up and both their eyes met in a wondering uncomfortable look. Donghae pulled his hand away from Siwon's and took another bite from his pancake to ignore this awkward situation.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"finally, you're here" Hyukjae said as he switched on the lights. He was leaving his studio after finishing all his classes and practice when he got a message from Donghae that he's on his way.

"come in"

 

Donghae looked at the room. It was a big dancing room. The mirror covering two opposite side of the room. The stereo is on the end of the room. Hyukjae walked to it and connected his mobile with the AUX cable.

He just played random song and walked back to Donghae. Donghae liked how happy Hyukjae looked. He really wanted him to visit his place but he didn’t really have time.

He was already feeling tired but he knew he wouldn’t sleep. Donghae's mind was so busy with thinking about the things happened the other day, he knew he needed away to release himself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter