5-We are friends

Why Not Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

His bed is a king size, Donghae doesn’t need to worry when Hyukjae took the left side of the bed and him the right side. They still had so much space between them. He doesn’t have to worry but worry was all he feels because the warmness he felt under the blanket was killing him from the need to hug that warmness and feel himself calm down. 
He didn’t expect Hyukjae to agree, he didn’t expect himself to ask Hyukjae to stay. He doesn’t know what gotten into him that minute. Maybe it was how Hyukjae cared for him. He felt wanted and loved with his small actions. 

He was feeling so weak and disgusted of himself from what happened. Then, moment ago he felt rejected and unfairness from the treatment he got the other night. It's something he'll never forget and the feeling that comes along would not let him free. 

It was still early to sleep but he didn’t have any energy for anything else and that's how he found Hyukjae onto his own bed "You don’t have to stay" He broke the silent. He was feeling like crying again and better than that, he thought to initiate a conversation. 

"I know" 

Hyukjae was laying on his back and looking at the ceiling. Donghae did the same. He lay on his back and looked up. Maybe he'd see what Hyukjae's see "What are you thinking" he asked next. 
"I'm worried for you" 

It was like a whisper even though they basically on the same bed. But how Hyukjae's sound comes out like a whisper. Like a shattered glass brings Donghae down. He starts tearing….

Why would Hyukjae be worried for him, what he'd done to deserve this "Why?" he asked but not really wanting to know. 
Hyukjae turned to the other side, not facing Donghae "Let's sleep Hae, I think it was a bad day" He said and covered himself till the shoulder with the blanket "Tomorrow is another day".

'tomorrow is another day' wow how much hope it brings. Donghae repeating the sentence in his mind. It made him feel calm and so he turned to try to sleep. 

Sleep wouldn’t reach out to him. His mind started wandering around. Thinking of so many things and which are most about his best friend. He feels bad to think about someone else when he has someone on his own bed. Not that it's anything but still he feels guilty. 

He ended up into a sobbing mess. He tried to keep it down, to control himself and stop crying. He covered himself with the blanket and tried to muffle the sounds with his pillow but it didn’t work. Donghae can hear Hyukjae move and shifts under the blanket and suddenly it's warm.

Hyukjae hugged him, sharing his warmth and care. Donghae then didn’t try to be silent and he just let it out, crying his heart out. 
Maybe this is what he needed. Someone to hug him and say 'it's going to be alright' and he's so glad that, that person is Hyukjae. 


**** 

It was weird in the morning. When Donghae woke up he didn’t feel Hyukjae's warmth. He missed it which was weirder. Thinking that the latter had left made him feel down and going back to his sad bubble.
But Hyukjae entering his room with a tray that radiates with a delicious smell; was unexpected. Donghae smiled not realizing he did. He was really happy when he saw Hyukjae and he couldn't deny it, he was hungry too, or the smell made him hungry. 

"I can hear your stomach growling" Hyukjae said laughing at Donghae's embarrassed look "Let's eat" he put down the tray on the table and pushed the table near to the bed so both can still sit on the bed and eat. 
Donghae pushed his embarrassment and went to sit next to Hyukjae "I should at least wash my face and brush my teeth" he said but not really getting up to do so. He started eating the Omelet and cream cheese. The Bagel tasted so good too. Everything is so good. He wondered if it's really good or it's just because he's hungry "it's delicious" he commented while taking another bite. 

"why are you not eating" Donghae was busy eating to notice that Hyukjae haven’t eaten anything. He was only smiling while watching him. 

"It's fine, I had already" he said "eat, you have to finish it all" 
"I'm not a pig you know" Donghae laughed. It was so good. The whole thing, someone taking care of him, being like that made him comfortable.

"This was amazing, did you really made it" Donghae said after finishing eating and helped to wash the dishes. 
Hyukjae nodded "I went travelling a lot, I learned some here and there" he said as he dried the plate which Donghae handed him. 
"It's good, I wish I can cook the same" 

"no need, I can make it for you"

The glass almost fell off Donghae's hand with Hyukjae comment. It took him by surprise… is Hyukjae courting him? 
Hyukjae smirked at his own comment and didn’t give Donghae chance to comment back when he left Donghae to finish eating alone.


  
"Take rest" Hyukjae said when both of them ended up in the living room after both refreshed with Donghae giving Hyukjae his clothes which were a bit bigger for the dancer but he looked good.

Donghae looked at the time finally. It was almost noon "OMG" he looked at Hyukjae with shocked face "you didn’t go work". 
Hyukjae laughed, he thought it was something serious "I'm the owner I can skip" He teased "I called my friend to take my place" he then said to assure Donghae who looked worried.
"I'm sorry" Donghae apologized. He was so selfish to see that he disturbed Hyukjae's life "I'm sorry" 

"Hae…" Hyukjae looked intensely toward Donghae and then put a hand on Donghae's "You don't need to apologize; I'd feel worst if I wasn’t here for you".

 What was that…. His heart acting stupid again… 

Donghae put on a smile and pulled his hand slowly "I'm fine now" he just said and looked another side, he couldn’t look at Hyukjae "thank you for everything" he felt embarrassed again. Hyukjae helped him go through the night and he made him dinner, breakfast and took care of him. But he didn’t have anything to give in return. 

"Okay, I'll go now" 
"oh…" he didn’t mean to sound sad "okay…" he sounded sad. Donghae knew he did but he need to let Hyukjae go. He can't have him for his own relief knowing how much busy he is "thank you again" 

They both walked to the door. Hyukjae stopped on the door step and stared at Donghae for long minutes. It felt like Hyukjae didn’t want to leave. Donghae felt the same…

"When are we meeting again" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter