TWO.

Where We Belonged To
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for reading! Do tell me what you think about it so far okay?? :D

 

 

The clock on the wall shows the time. It’s barely 8:25 in the morning and Donghae only has less than 16 hours before his time runs out. Luckily for today he has no schedule; not with the group either except from the usual meeting for their next album promotion.

 

The thoughts of the next album strikes a sad chord in his heart. How is the rest going to promote without him? How is his fans; the ELF will react after the finding out about his death? God, this is too much. So painful and too much but when Donghae thinks about it, maybe this is the best decision so far. At least if he’s given less than 24 hours to spend his last time on Earth rather than dying cold on his bathroom’s tile last night, the first option is far more better. He could prepare himself well.

 

Yet the thought of him actually being here temporarily before passing through the next life gives him the chills and an overwhelming anguish. Never Donghae thoughts of the fact he will die so young. He’s barely 34 years old and he has so many plans ahead for his future. Super Junior is doing so well despite their long run in the industry, everything is so perfect that he can’t possibly see it turns to dust now with another member left—worst, dead. What will the members’ reaction be? They all are going to be devastated.

 

The next album requires all of Donghae’s attention since he’s in charge of composing and writing half the songs. There’s still few they haven’t recorded yet and they couldn’t possibly finished it all today. It's impossible when Donghae tries to think of it.

 

On top of that, he hasn’t even gotten married yet. He keeps telling his fans and public for so many times he will get married when he’s 33 but now he’s dead on 34? What an absurdity.

 

Marriage.  Only one comes into his mind and that exact person is apparently calling him right now. He watches the screen displaying the name in bold white color with the person’s picture in the background smiling brightly showing his pink perfect gummy. Donghae doesn’t know where does this foreign sadness comes from when he has always been elated to receive a call from him.

 

Sliding his thumb on the screen, he put the phone close to his right ear. “Hey.”

 

“Morning Hae.~~”  Hyukjae’s husky voice booming through his ear sending warm sensation spreading over Donghae’s chest. The dull pain at the back of his head slowly subsides.

 

“Hey Hyukkie.” He replies back with small smile lingering on his lips. They have always greeted each other with a morning call everyday without fail and it’s Hyukjae’s turn for the week. Donghae is glad because after what has happened last night, he couldn’t possibly have a heart to call the older up.

 

“You’re awake? Your voice sounds like you’re up early.” Hyukjae said as Donghae hears small rustle from the phone. Hyukjae must be in the bed right now. The thought of his dear boyfriend still snuggling up in his blanket wearing pajamas make Donghae blushing.

 

He gets up from the couch heading to the kitchen counter. “Yeah I’m awake a bit early today.” More like awake after hours spending time with an angel of death. He takes the water bottle on the table and chugs it down his dry throat. He hears more rustling from the other side of the line. “Are you still in bed?”

 

“Yeah. It’s really hard to leave my warm bed. I’m sleepy.~” Donghae chuckles warmly at the whining his Hyukjae is making.

 

“Then sleep more. We got no schedules for today.”

 

“Well, I was just thinking of that but….” Donghae waits as Hyukjae puts a pause suddenly. Then a chuckle comes up. “I don’t want to sleep alone. Come over now. I want to hug you.”

 

Donghae blushes as another round of laughter erupts, making Hyukjae on the other line laughing as well. He can do just that, coming over to Hyukjae’s—not exactly a problem, they know each other’s password, throw himself on his bed and cuddle with him to sleep since it’s way too early in the morning.

 

But Donghae can’t. As much as he wants that, he can’t. There’s just so many things he wants to do for today. Too many things to be settled so he won’t have any regret passing through the next world nor regretting anything. His smile falls down as reality crushing on him harshly. He doesn’t even notice Hyukjae’s concern voice calling for him.

 

“Hae? Are you there?” Hyukjae sounds so sweet and warm, his voice is an absolute melody to Donghae. But he couldn’t give in. Not yet. He does plan to spend half the day with the older but after he has settled everything properly.

 

“Yeah I’m here. Hyukkie, I’m sorry but I can’t come.” He’s already walking through the front door though, grabbing his car key, wallet and jacket. “I’m heading to Mokpo.”

 

“Now?” Hyukjae is surprised. His voice rises one notch up in confusion and shocked. “But why? Did something happen?”

 

“No it’s nothing. Just …….” How can he say it, how to put it into words when it can’t possibly be put into one? Donghae can’t just drop the bomb saying he’s dying and running out of time. He’ll scare Hyukjae off, that’s the last thing he ever wanted. “I—I’m going to see my dad.”

 

“All of a sudden?” Rustling from the other side is heard and Donghae is already putting on his shoes and thick jacket. “Is everything alright? Should I come with you?”

 

“No, it’s okay.” His heart feels heavy when the rustling intensified. Hyukjae is probably so surprised and already standing by the bed, frowning in concern over his weird behavior. Well, who would suddenly go on a trip in the early morning without even a plan? Not that Donghae could have seen this day to come though. “I will be alright by myself.”

 

“Are you sure? We all know you can’t drive on your own. You’ll get lonely.” Donghae chuckles at Hyukjae’s sarcastic remarks, the calming melodious tone returns, giving him comfort. But it doesn’t last long when Hyukjae is calling him out again with worried voice. “When will you get back?”

 

“Before lunch hopefully. I will go to see mom after that.”

 

Hyukjae is in silence and Donghae is sort of grateful for that as he’s entering the elevator heading to the parking lot. He brings no backpack with him unlike his nature to bring something while on travel. But today is different. He can’t afford any stop-by or anything. it’s set; he will drive 2 hours long to Mokpo, go to see his dad then drive back another 2 hours to Seoul to his mother’s house. While on journey, maybe he can have a phone call with any of his friends or members asking how they are doing and stuff. That’s the least he could do for today. Although the thought he won’t be seeing any of them again kind off hurts him terribly.

 

Will anybody be missing him when he’s gone? That’s what been playing in his mind along with other thoughts.

 

“Well that’s good to hear.” Hyukjae said. “Just be careful okay? Text me once you’ve reached Mokpo. Make sure to wear seatbelt! No rushing. Drive safely Hae.”

 

“I will.” Donghae has reached the parking basement and walking to his car waiting at the spot. Hyukjae is such a mom sometimes. “By the way Hyukkie, do you think everyone is available for lunch? Or maybe dinner?”

 

Hyukjae makes a humming sound while he’s thinking. “I’m not sure. I think Teukkie hyung mentioned yesterday that Ryeowook and Kyuhyun had a schedule this morning until evening. Heechul hyung too. Why?”

 

“Oh.” Donghae utters as he gets inside his car. Pulling the door to close, he thoughts on Hyukjae’s words carefully. “I’m just wondering if all of us can have lunch or dinner together today.”

 

“All of us? Well, that will be a bit hard you know. Siwon is in Indonesia, Zhoumi isn’t here too and Henry is in Canada so are you sure all of us could make it?” Hyukjae sounds amused though the nostalgic in his voice can’t be ignored by Donghae. He knows it’s been so long since all of them have a chance to be together after everything. So Donghae is happy at least his boyfriend could empathize with him.

 

“Hmm I’m just wondering. If it’s possible I want all of us to have a meal today.”

 

“I’ll ask Teukkie hyung about it. Don’t worry, okay?” Hyukjae doesn’t seem to be weirded out by Donghae’s sudden request for dinner so it’s a good sign. He smiles sadly with eyes on the street intently. The dull pain at the back of his head returns but bearable for him to continue on driving. “Thank you, Hyukkie.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter