Chapter 2

Naive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! Sorry for the slow update. I was kinda busy with schoolworks but I managed to finish this. I hope that you’ll like it. And sorry for some errors because I don't have time to proofread it already hehe :)))

 

--------------------------------------

 

Third Person’ POV

 

“Damn it! So embarrassing.”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but to curse nonstop. She was so embarrassed about what happened 20 minutes ago. Why? While taking the temperature of the patient, with her spacing out, she didn’t notice that she used the ballpen that she has to take the temperature of the patient instead of the thermometer. That’s the effect of drinking too much last night. The patient was laughing so hard because of her mistake. And the thing is, she has been eyeing her and trying to be cute around her whenever she does her rounds. 

 

While still thinking about her embarrassing moment, her phone suddenly rang. It’s Yoona. She doesn’t really like to answer her calls since she only gives her headaches or bad news, but she just can’t ignore her.

 

“Sica..” Yoona said on the other line.

 

“What?”

 

“Can we reschedule the date that you set up with the girl that you were talking about?”

 

“And why is that? You’re off tomorrow, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, I don’t but I don’t have money. It would be embarrassing if she would be the one who'll pay for our date.”

 

“What  do you mean you don’t have money when it’s your payday today?”

 

“Yep, it is. It’s just that, Minho..”

 

“Who’s that?”

 

“He’s my coworker. He said that his son is sick so I lent him my money.”

 

“What?! Like your whole salary?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Bull.”

 

“It’s okay though. I still have my savings. I can still pay my rent and other expenses for the month. The thing is, it’s just enough for my basic needs so if I still go on a date, I wou-”

 

“Ugh damn it! You’re really annoying! I can’t reschedule the date! I don’t know how to say that to Tiffany!”

 

“Oh, okay. Then can I borrow your money? I’ll just pay y-”

 

“What else? I already told you not to lend money to just anyone!”

 

“But his son is si-”

 

“The hell with them! It’s his problem, not yours! Why should you sacrifice to someone not related to you? Think about yourself sometimes! Aish!”

 

“I did think of myself. I computed the rent that I needed to pay, so I still have. In food, as long as I’ll just eat noodles until the next payday, then I could still survive.”

 

“What the! Just noodles until your next payday?! You’ll get sick from that!”
 

“But that’s the onl-”

 

“Ugh! Damn it! Just eat with me until your next payday.”

 

“Huh? No need. I’m ok-”

 

“Try telling me that you’re okay eating noodles for the whole month, you’ll really get it from me.”

 

Yoona just remained silent. That was what he’s really gonna say.

 

.

.

 

“Okay, review. What are you supposed and not supposed to do?” Jessica asked Yoona. They’re in front of the restaurant where Jessica set Yoona with Tiffany, the new nurse in the hospital.

 

“Do a mysterious effect. Don’t try to smile ‘cause I’d just looked like I’m mad. It’s a bonus point if, from the start, I’d look cool. Don’t attempt to say a joke since it doesn’t really match with my poker face. If we run out of topics, I’ll just put my face near hers and stare at her eyes. If I noticed that she’s into me, I’ll say that I enjoyed the date and asked her for a next date.”

 

Jessica pats Yoona’s head after she enumerated everything that she told her. “Good job.”

 

She examined Yoona from head to toe. She sprayed some perfume on her too.

 

When she’s sure that she already looked hot, she ushered her to go inside.

 

“Do your best, okay? If you managed to make her yours today, I will cook your favorite food for dinner.”

 

Yoona just nodded and waved her goodbye.

 

She waved back and quickly went away since she still has work.

 

.

.

 

The next day, Tiffany came to work really happy. Yoona really did a great job wooing her yesterday, and now, they’re together. Jessica was so happy when Yoona told her the news yesterday. She even kissed her cheek because of happiness.

 

“Jessi, I’m really thankful to you because you introduced me to Yoong.” Tiffany told her when they saw each other in the hallway. “She’s so perfect. I like her.”

 

“Oh no, it’s nothing. I’m so glad for the both of you. I knew that you guys would click, that's why I set you two up.” Jessica gave her an angelic smile and started walking again.

 

When she walked past Tiffany, her angelic smile turned into a devil one. She thought, “I should be the one thanking you, actually. If you just know. Please don’t ever break up with her. Good luck, Tiffany.”

 

Jessica was overwhelmingly happy because she managed to get a new “babysitter” for Yoona. She hummed while walking in the hallway when she walked in front of the chapel. She stopped for a while and prayed a little.

 

“God, I hope that it will last.” She muttered. “I hope that Yoong will never be single ever again.”

 

She was so chill and relaxed for the whole day doing her work like a huge debt was lifted from her shoulders until she stopped in front of the room where the patient laughed at her the other day.

 

She’s now going to check on her, the one who witnessed her stupidity the other day. She doesn’t want to see her anymore, if possible. She was so embarrassed for acting like a total fool. It’s so shameful to be stupid in front of the girl that you like.

 

She took a deep breath before going in.

 

She tried calming herself and acted like nothing happened before.

 

“Good morning, Ma’am. I’m just here to check your-”

 

“At last, you came.” the girl greeted her. “Here, these flowers are for you.” The girl is giving her a bouquet of flowers. “I even asked my unnie to buy that for me.”

 

Jessica was stunned. She was expecting that she would nonstop about what happened the other day, but here she is, giving her a bouquet of flowers.

 

“What is that for? I’m not sick.” She said to her.

 

She laughed first before speaking. “Do we only give flowers to those who are sick? Can’t give one to apologize?”

 

“Apologize?”

 

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter