The Other Man

Follow the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Here’s the next chapter! Enjoy! :)

Yesung took Siwon to the café that he, Dr. Lee, and Kyuhyun often went to.

Siwon was quite charming and friendly, and as they walked to the café, he told Yesung about himself. Apparently, Siwon’s father was a business tycoon, the owner of Choi Corporation, which was one of the leading manufacturers of medical equipment and technologies in South Korea. Siwon was the heir and would inherit the company when his father retired. 

That explained why Siwon was at the hospital; according to him, he had been in a business meeting with some of the directors about the recent order that the hospital had placed on Choi Corporation.

However, despite his family’s power and influence, Siwon seemed quite humble, and his friendliness seemed sincere. He was polite and genuinely interested when it was Yesung’s turn to talk about himself. Not to mention that Siwon had a killer face and body.

Yesung found himself quickly becoming hooked.

At the café, Siwon made sure to get the best drinks and pastries for them, and he of course paid for everything. He was a complete gentleman, even opening the door for Yesung and pulling out Yesung’s chair for him. Then, halfway through their meal, Siwon offered some his cake to Yesung … by feeding it to Yesung from his fork. Yesung hesitated for a second before accepting it, his mouth closing over Siwon’s fork to eat the cake, a hint of blush on Yesung’s cheeks. (And yes, Yesung was consuming sweets again; what Dr. Lee didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him, right?)

After eating, they walked back to the hospital, where Siwon had left his car parked. Then, Siwon drove Yesung home to his apartment building. And acting like a gentleman again, he even walked Yesung up the building right until Yesung’s front door. 

Just as Yesung was about to go inside, Siwon surprised him by asking him to dinner tomorrow night.

A dinner date.

Yesung’s new heart pounded erratically in his chest. Blushing fiercely, he nodded and stammered out an affirmative.

Yesung was going on an official date with Siwon.

The next day, Yesung was a complete bundle of nerves. He was so nervous that he felt like he was going to vomit out all the contents of his stomach. The last time that he had felt this nauseous was years ago when he was being pumped full with medications that made his stomach churn.

This was going to be Yesung’s first ever date.

Yes, first date.

Yesung had never been on an actual date before.

Due to his previous health problems, Yesung never really had the opportunity for dating and romance. How could he even find the chance to date when he spent most of his time in hospitals, unconscious and connected to machines, back then? Before the heart transplant, Yesung’s focus was on saving and extending his life. Not so much on finding someone to spend his life with. He hadn’t even been sure back then if his life would last for another week. And that kind of dissuaded him from seeking romantic relationships. Why give his heart to someone when the heart was so defective and couldn’t even keep Yesung himself alive? Why fall in love with someone, if he was going to die soon? That would be really painful, especially for the other person.

But now, Yesung had a new chance at life thanks to his new heart.

And that new chance maybe—hopefully—included finding his soulmate and experiencing that “one true love” that he had only been able to watch or read about before.

Siwon arrived at his front door at 6 pm on the dot. He flashed another charming smile as he handed Yesung a box of expensive chocolates. Yesung couldn’t help but swoon. Both because of the gesture and because of how he had more sweets to eat. (Again, as long as Dr. Lee didn’t find out, there would be no reason for her to kill her patient.)

Then, Siwon drove them to an upscale restaurant. Yesung was already disapproving because he didn’t need expensive things, but he didn’t want to make a big deal out of it (he knew that Siwon came from money and was probably used to the finer things in life), so he said nothing. However, upon arriving at the restaurant, Yesung noticed that there were no other customers apart from them. When he voiced out this observation, Siwon explained that he completely rented the whole place for the night. At this, Yesung could no longer hold in his protests, saying that it was all unnecessary and that Siwon didn’t have to do all of this (since Yesung also noticed the very romantic setup and decorations the venue), but Siwon cut off his protests.

“I know that I didn’t have to do all of this. But I wanted to do all of this. For you,” Siwon smiled.

And all of Yesung’s protests at such a luxurious spending were gone just like that. His heart melted at Siwon’s words.

Siwon was doing such grand gestures for him, and it made Yesung feel all fuzzy inside.

During the delicious dinner (Yesung didn’t even want to think about how much the rare steak cost), they told each other more about themselves. Siwon explained the inner workings of his family and their company, as well as his hopes and aspirations of the company’s future. Yesung, in turn, opened up to Siwon about the difficulties that he’d had to live with for most of his life due to his problematic heart, retelling the medical procedures and trials, ending the narration by explaining his heart transplant, which ultimately saved his life.

Siwon reached across the table for Yesung’s hand, squeezing it. “I’m very glad that you were able to acquire that new heart.” A strong, intense emotion was on his face as he said this.

Yesung couldn’t exactly name the emotion, but he assumed that it was because Siwon was grateful that Yesung was able to survive because of the new heart. Yesung was very grateful for that as well.

All in all, the dinner date went perfectly, and Yesung couldn’t keep the goofy grin off his face as Siwon drove them back and walked him up the building to his apartment.

Yesung fished for his keys, stammering his thanks to Siwon for the night and bidding him goodbye.

However, Siwon suddenly cupped Yesung’s face with his hands, and the rest of Yesung’s words were lost. His eyes went round and wide with surprise, his face cherry tomato red. Then, before Yesung knew what was happening, Siwon’s lips were pressed against his.

Yesung’s eyes fluttered shut as Siwon’s arms moved to wrap themselves around his waist and Yesung’s arms went around Siwon’s neck, both of them pulling their body closer, their lips moving in sync against each other.

Yesung’s first kiss.

After that night, Yesung and Siwon officially started dating. 

And Yesung was in heaven. 

So far, Siwon had proven to be very caring and doting toward Yesung. He constantly took Yesung out on dates and sent him gifts. Also, more often than not, Siwon would pick him up from his apartment and drive him to work. Then, at the end of the day, Siwon would also drive him back. Yesung, at first, tried to say that it wasn’t necessary, worried about how this might inconvenience Siwon. However, Siwon, as the heir to their company, had a very flexible work schedule and could come and go whenever he pleased as long as he didn’t have important business meetings. Besides, as Siwon would claim, he liked spending time with Yesung and enjoyed being in Yesung’s presence (cue erratic pounding from Yesung’s heart).

Siwon even with started calling Yesung by a special nickname. A nickname that no one else but Siwon used for Yesung.

“Where do you want me to put these flowers, Woonie?” Siwon asked sweetly. He was in Yesung’s apartment, picking up his boyfriend for another date. He had brought a bouquet of flowers for Yesung, and he offered to take care of the flowers while Yesung was finishing getting ready.

“Woonie?” Yesung asked with a raised eyebrow.

Siwon smiled at him. “Woonie. My nickname for my dear boyfriend Jongwoonie.”

“My nickname is Yesung,” Yesung pointed out, though there was a smile on his face.

“Well, yes, but that’s what everyone else calls you. Don’t you think that I, as your boyfriend, should have a special nickname for you?” Siwon chuckled as he put the bouquet down on the coffee table and pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug. “You’re my Woonie.”

Yesung laughed as well, agreeing to the new nickname. He was Siwon’s Woonie.

Then, about a week since they started dating, Yesung introduced Siwon to his two dongsaengs at the academy.

Donghae and Eunhyuk taught dance classes. Yesung, on the other hand, taught music and vocal classes. Despite their different specializations, the three of them were quite close, and Yesung considered the two of them as his younger brothers. Donghae and Eunhyuk, in turn, greatly looked up to the older man and cared for him. In fact, after Yesung had his heart transplant, Donghae and Eunhyuk often visited and stayed at his apartment to make sure that he was alright. After the transplant, Yesung’s family had wanted Yesung to stay with them in their family home at the other side of the city, but Yesung had been determined to maintain his independence and stay at his apartment. And Donghae and Eunhyuk had assured Yesung’s family that they would look af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter