3- Head to head

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first night passed fast to Jeongyeon, unlike Momo who woke up with an unbearable backache. She stretched as soon as her alarm rang. It was almost 8 in the morning. She did her morning routine before she wore jeans and a pink sweater with a black jacket, she brushed her long blonde hair and applied some light make up. She headed out of her bedroom to the kitchen, she peeked into the living room and Jeongyeon was sleeping peacefully with a blanket on the floor.

Momo was making her morning coffee before she noticed a yellow sticky note on the table.

“Save my number and leave yours here on the sticky note in case of emergency. – Jeongyeon” Momo grabbed the pen and wrote hers on the same sticky note and sighed, “she thinks of every single detail it’s like I am in a camp,” she said before she took a sip of her coffee and left.

The loud door slamming woke Jeongyeon up. She cursed Momo before she sat down “it’s still eight in the morning” she whined before she laid down, being a workaholic makes Jeongyeon appreciate her vacations and days off. As much as she tried to sleep she failed so she decided to get up. She cleaned the living room and folded the blanket before she wore her jeans and t-shirt. Even though it was cold, she decided to explore the new neighborhood. She stopped in front of a furniture shop and smiled as she entered the shop. After spending more than three hours there Jeongyeon finally chose two bedrooms “tomorrow at ten in the morning?” Jeongyeon smiled as she shook hands with the owner “I hope they won’t be late”

“Yes, you don’t need to worry about a thing and we will send the bedroom’s essentials as a gift” the old man winked.

“I will make sure to write a blog about your shop then”

He bowed his head to her before she placed a paper in her pocket. Having a client like Yoo Jeongyeon is once in a lifetime, this year will be amazing for this man.

Momo spent her day at her shop, today was a good day since she sold more than three expensive dresses. She can finally go home and rest before reality hits her that she still doesn’t have a bed yet.

She entered the house and headed to the living room where Jeongyeon was on her laptop.

“Hey” Momo greeted while sitting on the single couch.

“Hey” Jeongyeon replied while handing her a paper “I bought a bedroom for you, this is the bill”

Momo gasped and got up abruptly “4500$ for a bedroom?” she raged.

“Yes,” Jeongyeon said calmly while focusing on her laptop.

“It could’ve been better if you asked for my opinion or at least showed me the bedroom! My budget was way lower than that and I don’t like your taste in decorating the house!”

“You will like it” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes “and you are welcome”

Momo clenched her jaw and grabbed her purse she counted the money secretly and Jeongyeon was stealing glances at her “here take 300$”

The latter sighed and shook her head “I can wait for the end of the month. Keep those sums of money with you for now”

Momo hummed “I will take a shower,” she said leaving.

‘Is she a billionaire or something? Why did she spend so much money like this?’ she thought. Momo hated how Jeongyeon was forcing her to do things but she can’t wait to see the bedroom since the backache is killing her and she can’t spend one more day sleeping on the floor.

~~

Next day…

The workers came on time, Jeongyeon was leading them to the bedrooms. They spent more than two hours putting everything together. They even took care of the bedsheets and carpets. She laid on her bed and looked around at her room. Even though it’s not what she expected since she wanted the bigger room but this was enough for her. Her body gave up after cleaning the room and tidying up her clothes. She slept for more than five hours before she woke up around sunset. Simultaneously Momo arrived. She looked at Jeongyeon’s messy hair and swollen face making her smile at her reckless appearance “your room is here, come and see it” Jeongyeon yawned as she walked to the master bedroom.

Momo followed Jeongyeon who swung the door open. Momo couldn’t help but gasp when she saw her bedroom.

“It’s so beautiful” Momo complimented “I take back what I said yesterday you have an amazing taste, thank you”

Jeongyeon watched how Momo’s eyes shone, she sensed sincerity in them. She knew that behind those eyes was a soft soul. Momo touched the mattress along with the bedside drawers, she was too excited and happy about her new room “from your bag and phone case I assumed you liked pink so I bought it a bit girl. When you move out you can take the room with you”

Momo rolled her eyes “this is OUR house, and I won’t go anywhere unless we find that deceitful”

Jeongyeon blew air from her nose and headed to her bedroom “she is crazy” she sat on her bed and opened her laptop and was about to start writing when she heard loud music blasting from Momo’s room. Jeongyeon opened the door making the blondie startle “You scared me!” Momo yelled while Jeongyeon walked to the pink beats speaker and lowered the volume earning a glare from Momo.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Jeongyeon yelled, “you don’t live alone here!”

“SO WHAT?” Momo fired back “I want to pack my stuff I can’t work without music or I will fall asleep!” she stated while holding her black bra.

Jeongyeon frowned at her before heading out of the room, Momo turned up the volume again ignoring Jeongyeon’s protests who is trying to focus on writing but failing because of the music along with Momo’s singing voice.

~~

And this was the beginning of the cycle of their fights. The two would fight on everything and nothing.

Loud music, what shows to watch, and when to sleep. Jeongyeon hates how Momo breaks the house’s rules especially the fourth rule. She hates how she always finds her food eaten or missing.

Today is the last day of Jeongyeon’s one-week-off, she was sitting in a coffee shop with Jihyo who had been laughing for straight two minutes now “you two are so funny!”

“What funny?” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes “she is a nightmare, I clean everything after her and all she does is sleep and eat”

Jihyo chuckled again and stared at Jeongyeon’s eyes closely “but seriously, are you fine with living with a stranger? Especially, a girl” she winked “does she know that you are a lesbian?”

“No no”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter