7- Like a fever

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two hours felt like decades to Jeongyeon, she hates how she eyes Momo’s bedroom now and then wondering what’s happening inside, she looks at the TV but she doesn’t see anything as her mind is only thinking about Momo. Her thoughts were cut off when she saw Momo coming out of the bedroom smiling from cheek to cheek. It comforts Jeongyeon that Bohyun can make Momo that happy.

“Good night,” he said, kissing Momo’s lips as he left the apartment. Jeongyeon was ignored by the two. She frowned as she turned off the TV and headed to her room.

Bohyun sighed as he parked the car in front of a warehouse, he made sure no one followed him and entered. He was welcomed by a few suited men. The dim-lighted warehouse was full of boxes and tables covered with stacks of money or drug bags. Bohyun smelled one of the transparent bags and smiled “my babies”

~~

Morning

Momo cursed the alarm as she jumped out of the bed, it was past nine and she was late to work. Luckily an employee has the keys to the shop. She rushed to the bathroom and did her morning routine before she wore random black pants and a T-shirt. She was about to head to the living room when she saw Jeongyeon laying in bed. Usually, Jeongyeon will be the first to leave or at least be awake.

Momo contemplated what she did. Shall she leave and not check up on her or wake her up. But being the soft-hearted she is, she stood by the bedroom door “Hey~!” she yelled a bit causing Jeongyeon to flinch “it’s almost 9:30”

“I am not going to work” Jeongyeon sleepily replied “I am sick”

Momo looked at the bedside drawer and saw a thermometer with medicine, and the room was darker than usual but Momo can see Jeongyeon’s tired and pale face “get well soon” she said before she walked to the front door.

Momo was walking to the bus station and she bit her lower lip. “I don’t know why I am doing this,” she said as she walked back to the apartment. As soon as she opened the door, she could hear Jeongyeon throwing up in her room. She rushed just to see Jeongyeon in the bathroom throwing up. She was barely able to walk back to her room but with Momo’s help, she was able to.

Momo made sure Jeongyeon was in the bed but the latter was shaking. Momo placed her hand on Jeongyeon’s forehead “gosh you are boiling!” she gasped “I will make you soup and ask my doctor for a medicine”

Jeongyeon held Momo’s arm “go to work I am fine,” she said followed by a cough.

Momo sighed “you are sick, I won’t leave you alone to die in my apartment”

Jeongyeon chuckled a bit “funny you, it’s my apartment” she said faintly before she closed her eyes and drifted to deep sleep. Momo smiled and covered the older woman. She found herself staring at Jeongyeon’s small face.

‘She is really pretty.

She thought as she ran her fingers in Jeongyeon's soft hair for a few seconds before she realized what she was doing. She rushed to the kitchen and tied her hair up “let’s go”

After searching on different websites, Momo found the perfect soup and food to make. Even though she spent more than three hours, the smell was promising.

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, woke up full of sweat. She took off the hoodie and stayed in her sports bra and undershirt. She cracked her neck before she got up. She smiled when she saw Momo tasting the soup. “The smell is good,” she said, startlingly. But Momo was more shocked about Jeongyeon’s hot yet simple outfit.

“You will get cold” Momo panicked, she headed to Jeongyeon and checked on her temperature and it made Jeongyeon freeze “oh it’s better now”

Jeongyeon looked up at Momo with puppy eyes “aren’t you mad at me?” she asked.

“I was but not anymore, you are sick and that’s a punishment I guess”

Jeongyeon smiled “I am sorry. I will be more careful around you”

“Good,” Momo said coldly “now let’s eat so you can take your medicine and I am hungry”

Jeongyeon hummed and fidgeted with her fingers as she nervously watched Momo placing the food on the table.

 

Meanwhile,

Bohyun was in Seoul’s prison, he was waiting to meet his father who came and sat in front of him. To say Bohyun was more than happy to see his father is an understatement. The two were close and partners. “How are you father? You got thinner” he said before he read the number tag on the uniform. It hurts him to see his father like that but he can’t do anything.

The old guy sighed “how’s work?”

Bohyun smiled “everything is fine, I’ll make you proud when you come out”

“I want that girl to suffer”

“I am trying,” Bohyun gulped, “I will bring you justice. She was the reason for this and I’ll make her pay for it”

Bohyun’s father hummed “you got no other choice or I’ll disown you”

Bohyun’s shoulders loosened as he nodded obediently.

~~

 

It was almost night when Jeongyeon headed to her bedroom, the girl was extremely tired and lacking energy. Mom was cleaning the kitchen after the mess she made while preparing lunch. She stretched a bit as she turned off the lights of the house and was ready to head to her bedroom when she stopped by Jeongyeon’s bedroom.

The latter was groaning and frowning which made Momo enter the room, she didn’t hesitate to caress Jeongyeon’s head softly while shushing her “it’s okay” she comforted her as she slightly sat on the bed.

Even though Jeongyeon was deeply in sleep she felt Momo’s presence, she held into Momo’s pants like a scared kid who sought safety from his mom “poor thing” Momo smiled as she kept patting the girl’s arm before she slowly fell asleep while sitting down.

~~

A few weeks passed…

The routine hits everyone’s lives from work to home and vice versa. It does include Chaeyoung who is keeping an eye on Bohyun and following him everywhere but she gets nothing and it disappoints Jeongyeon but she knows Chaeyoung is doing her best.

But now Momo was happier than ever, squeals filled the house as her best friend came to visit her. The two hugged tightly before Sana came in. She was in awe because of the apartment’s nice decoration.

The two sat in the kitchen as Momo was making some hot chocolate for the both of them.

“So you two now are getting along well?” Sana asked while taking a bite of her Kitkat.

“Yeah, we contacted our lawyers but the case is on hold since that is missing. We can’t do anything at the moment” Momo shrugged “at first we fought and argued but now are doing well”

“I am excited to meet her,” Sana giggled.

“She must be here now,” Momo said as she looked at her watch. Simultaneously Jeongyeon opened the front door “there she is” Momo smiled.

Jeongyeon knew about Sana’s presence and being the kind girl she is she bought a cake for the two “hey” she smiled as she entered the kitchen. Her eyes were glued to Momo and Sana was fast enough to catch that “I bought a cake for our visitor” she said, placing the small box on the table.

“Jeongyeon this is Sana, my best friend”

The two shook hands “nice to meet you”

Sana’s eyes couldn’t see anything but Jeongyeon. The latter was too charismatic with her short hair and cool outfit. She sat next to Momo and Sana’s eyes were shifted between the two as they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter