4- Hopeless

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon was heading out of the company’s building after a stressful day at work, she sat behind the steering wheel and called the only girl that can listen to her struggles and nags.

“Jihyo, are you in the office?”

“No, I am a bit tired so I am at home now. Why?”

“Can I come? I need to talk to you so bad” Jeongyeon sighed.

“You don't sound good. Come”

Jeongyeon hummed and started the car. She drove off to Jihyo’s house with a messy mind.

Jihyo’s husband, Daniel, greeted his wife’s best friend with a hug. Knowing Jeongyeon for more than three years made him close to her.

“What’s wrong with her?” she asked worriedly as she walked to kiss her best friend who was laying on the couch.

“Pregnancy sickness” he shrugged his shoulders “I will make you some tea so you can talk comfortably”

Jihyo smiled warmly at her husband, Jeongyeon always loved their relationship and how understanding they are to each other.

“You look so distressed and anxious. What’s wrong?” Jihyo asked as she sat down.

“Momo, my housemate is Bohyun’s girlfriend” Jeongyeon stated with a frown. Jihyo gasped “last night I met him and he almost beat me. He didn’t even consider her presence. I am so worried”

“Why? What would he do?”

“Jihyo, because of my articles his father was shoved into jail. I exposed how their company used to work on drug-trafficking. Bohyun did anything to take his revenge but failed because I sued him and won the case, because of your help of course but” she muted a bit “I am worried that he might use Momo for it and” Jeongyeon smiled lightly “Momo is very innocent”

Jihyo arched her eyebrow at her friend “and how did you know that?”

“I am not ten years old Jihyo. I met many people in my life. I got betrayed and backstabbed many times and I can see that Momo is kind and he might take advantage of, how can she fall for a guy like him?”

Jihyo hummed and sat back “and what are your plans?”

“I don’t know; I lock the door of my room from now on afraid that she might sneak in or something. I don’t trust her”

“Try to face her and tell her the truth”

“She isn’t even looking at me. As if I killed her parents” Jeongyeon sighed “and my computer at work is broken”

“WHAT?” Jihyo yelled, she caressed Jeongyeon’s back “your luck these days my friend”

The latter chuckled lowly before Daniel joined them. She took a sip of her tea and doze off, her eyes were full of sorrow and concerns.

“Are you talking to Mina?” Jihyo asked softly.

Jeongyeon shook her head as a no “I am too confused and anxious she will make things worse. I would like to keep her in my past, I no longer want her in my presence or future… She chose someone else over me and left. Why would I hold into her?”

Daniel, who knows the backstory patted Jeongyeon’s hand “you deserve better. You have a good heart so search for someone who would take care of it”

Jeongyeon smiled at the couple and got up “I am tired, thank you for listening to my endless problems” she said and walked to the front door just to hear Jihyo calling her.

“Stop being too good, take care of yourself before others”

Jeongyeon can only nod because deeply she knows that she will do the opposite.

~~

A few days passed…

Jeongyeon spends more than six hours at work. After buying a new computer she had to start from the bottom. Collecting the information she lost and luckily she had them all on her external hard disk. She hates going home, she and Momo act like the strangers they are. They don’t even greet each other and Momo will always glare at Jeongyeon from time to time. The latter wonder how many lies Bohyun is telling her.

Today Jeongyeon came back earlier than usual but Momo wasn’t there. She shrugged it off before she headed to her bedroom and took a three house nap.

Meanwhile…

Bohyun was in his luxurious house, he was playing some video games wearing his short only he was so immersed in playing before the doorbell rang.

“Ugh, who is that?” he groaned while opening the door.

“It’s me” Momo smiled and showed him the pizza box.

Bohyun smiled and snatched the box from her, he placed it on the chair by the front door and carried her bridal style to his bedroom “we won’t eat?” Momo pouted.

“I want to eat something else,” he said making her laugh loudly. She pinned her to the bed and stared at her with his lustful eyes “I miss you so much”

“Me too,” Momo said while caressing his cheeks before they kissed deeply as they slowly made love.

A few hours later…

Momo wore Bohyun’s white shirt and walked to the now cold pizza. She was starving.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter