8- Dance

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s shop

Momo was sitting behind her desk, eyes glued to her laptop. Her office was on the second floor of the shop, she loves working alone on financial issues or just to secretly draw some designs.

She was shocked when she saw Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung entering the office. The latter was busy with the tripod and two bags “hey” she smiled at her.

Jeongyeon side hugged Momo who was still speechless “we came here to film a vlog” she smiled “do you mind if I interviewed with you?”

Momo’s eyes sparkled as she stared at Jeongyeon, she knows that Jeongyeon wants to support her and make her famous after that incident.

“I am so nervous I wasn’t expecting this!”

“Let’s sit on this couch to make the interview and Chaeyoung will film the shop a bit”

Momo nodded excitedly “let me prepare myself,” she said leaving for the bathroom.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung looked around “is there anything suspicious?” she asked.

“No, that’s what I am trying to discover, I will film downstairs”

Jeongyeon nodded as she placed the tripod in front of the white leather couch. Momo came out of the bathroom with light makeup that made Jeongyeon gulp.

“I am not wearing fancy outfits today” she pouted looking down at her jeans and a simple sweater.

“You look beautiful” Jeongyeon complimented “now let’s start,” she said clapping her hands as Chaeyoung stood behind the tripod. The shot was taking the two girls, as much as Jeongyeon tried to look professional but Chaeyoung was smart enough to catch that Jeongyeon has feelings for Momo. Her eyes shifted between the two, as she smirked. The interview was smooth and friendly.

“I know Momo personally and what few don’t know about her is that she is a very talented artist, she designs some of the dresses. They are very limited” Jeongyeon stated making Momo blush.

“Yeah true, I designed a few of the dresses here in the shop”

“Please give the shop a visit,” Jeongyeon said as she looked at the lens “and thank you for watching the whole vlog, we will now show you footage of the shop as we make a small tour in it”

Momo was dazzled by Jeongyeon's professionalism and charisma.

“I see that there are security cameras applied in the shop. Can I see the footage?” Chaeyoung asked and Jeongyeon was confused “So we can include them in the montage”

“Yeah sure, it’s on my laptop” Momo smiled “thank you for your interview Jeongyeon-ah”

Chaeyoung held back her laugh as she sat behind the laptop, Momo’s tone changed when she talked to Jeongyeon, she knew that these two will soon be a couple.

Jeongyeon rubbed her nape “I will edit the videos as soon as possible and publish them. I hope I will be helpful for you”

Momo smiled “now excuse me there I need to go downstairs”

Jeongyeon rushed to Chaeyoung who was copying the CCTV footage “stop!” Jeongyeon ordered and pointed at the screen “the time doesn’t change from twelve to five in the morning. It’s frozen. He probably visits the shop during that time”

“Son of a ” Chaeyoung muttered and looked at Jeongyeon “I have a friend that sells spy cameras. I will get one and apply it here. Its battery lasts for 48 hours”

“Yeah, you are an expert with these items” Jeongyeon teased as she reminded Chaeyoung of what she did in the past.

Chaeyoung gulped and faked a laugh “I am hungry” she smiled widely “can we eat somewhere? I’ll pay”

Jeongyeon hummed as she started to pack their stuff and in no time the two were in the nearest restaurant enjoying their lunch.

“When will you confess?” Chaeyoung asked as she ate a mouthful of noodles.

“I don’t go to church” Jeongyeon spluttered and Chaeyoung looked at her disappointingly.

“I mean to Momo”

Jeongyeon choked on her soup “am I that obvious?” she thoughtlessly spoke “I mean confess what?”

Chaeyoung chuckled “yeah you are obvious that you like her”

Jeongyeon left her spoon and sat back “she has a boyfriend and she never showed me a sign. We are housemates and one of us has to be kicked out of the house soon”

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes at her “from my little experience in life and what I saw. She does have feelings for you”

“What feelings?” Jeongyeon laughed and looked down sadly “she is blinded by her love for Bohyun. She just sent me that she will sleep over at his house,” she said as she threw her phone irritably on the table.

“Do you want to expose Bohyun just because of his father or do you deeply want Momo to break up with him so you can date her instead?” Jeongyeon was speechless. Hearing these words from Chaeyoung hit her hard. Chaeyoung shrugged her feelings “I trust my instinct and they tell me that you two will be a thing soon”

Jeongyeon didn’t want to hold onto a false hope but something inside her wanted to believe Chaeyoung’s words and prayed that she is right.

~~

Bohyun’s place

Momo and Bohyun were on the bed, she was resting her head on his bare chest as he was staring at the ceiling deeply “I missed you so much” she said kissing his cheek but Bohyun didn’t react. He hummed before his phone rang and he got up right away. Momo watched him leave the bedroom, he was different. She knew him for almost five years, Bohyun isn’t the same anymore and his mind is busy with something else.

Morning

Momo was preparing breakfast, she was stealing glances at Bohyun who was either busy with his phone or watching TV. She hated how she felt alone and ignored.

"I'll leave," she said while holding her bag by the front door.

Bohyun hummed and waved "okay, take care"

Momo looked down sadly as she left.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung went to Momo's shop. She was humming and looking through the dresses. Even though she wasn't the type to wear a dress, she needed to apply the camera. She secretly hang it on one of the shelves where the whole shop was seen.

"Mission accomplished" she sent to Jeongyeon.

The latter was at her office and she read Chaeyoung's text just before Jihyo called.

"Hey stupid. What about tomorrow?" Jihyo asked.

"Mina is so close to Tzuyu, of course, she will be there"

"So?? Tzuyu loves you so much, she will be sad if you didn't attend her engagement"

"Mina has a boyfriend now, she will be with him. It will be awkward"

"You are not over her?" Jihyo yelled a bit.

"I am but-"

"Shut up and come, please."

"I'll think about it, bye I have work"

Jeongyeon sat back and frowned "what shall I do?"

~~

Night

Momo was in the living room applying some nail polish when Jeongyeon came out of her bedroom holding two shirts.

"White one or the blue one? She asked.

"With the beige pants? The blue one"

Jeongyeon nodded, she placed them on the couch and sat down, she blew air from her nose and frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"I am invited to my friend's engagement party"

"That's cool! You are not used to these events?"

"Mina will be there with her boyfriend. I hate that she already found a replacement while I am still single and alone"

"Ouch" Momo frowned, she squinted her eyes at Jeongyeon and smirked.

"What?" The latter was confused.

"I'll go with you"

Jeongyeon widened her eyes "What?? Why?"

"I can act like your girlfriend and she will be mad. She probably thinks that she is the winner but we will show her otherwise" Momo flipped her hair. Jeongyeon smiled at her.

"Will you do that for me?

"It's for a one night, it's fun" Momo giggled and offered her hand for a handshake "deal"

"Deal" Jeongyeon replied as they shook hands.

~~

Next day

Jeongyeon was frequently checking her watch, she hated how time was so slow and with every passing hour, her nervousness would increase.

She left work around five to prepare herself. She wore a navy blue shirt with beige pants. She swept up her short brown hair and wore her Rolex.

"You can do it Yoo Jeongyeon," she told herself as she stared at her reflection.

She waited for Momo outside the bedroom, walking back and forth nervously. Her heartbeats surpassed 110 BPM.

They increased, even more, when Momo came out wearing a Navy Blue Maxi Dress draped alongside a V-neck and back, and lay across a banded waist with a y side slit. Jeongyeon didn't know that wavy hair suits Momo that much. The latter turned around slowly showing off the dress "I designed it"

Jeongyeon's lips parted "you look so beautiful" she complimented.

"I am excited," Momo squealed. "Let's go"

Jeongyeon nodded and the two left.

The ride was fast and calm with Jeongyeon blowing air from now and then.

The two arrived at the hall. Jeongyeon parked the car and rushed to open the door for Momo.

"Let the acting begin," she joked while bowing down.

"Gladly" Momo joked.

Jeongyeon offered her hand for Momo and the latter held it without hesitation as she came out of the car.

Jihyo was sitting next to her husband. Her eyes were focused on the main door, she would roll her eyes whenever her eyes landed on Mina and her boyfriend.

"You are being obvious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter