Chapter 8

Dream Writer

            Gyuri was walking out from her class. Her mind was busy thinking.

*So the moral of the story last night, although Cinderella have so many challenges, she still did her best for the love of her life* she sighed. *So what’s the moral of my story then?*

“Hey”

            Gyuri looked up. “Wonwoo”

            Wonwoo started. “You know, about the gift”

“So you like it?” “Yea” he gave her a small smile. “It fits me perfectly” he pulled his denim jacket aside to reveal the shirt she had bought for him. Gyuri smiled. “That’s great. I’m glad you like it. I want to thank you for helping me a lot”

“Hey, don’t mention it” he avoided her stare as he was embarrassed. “Anyway, you know I had been disturbing you lately. It just that I’m curious about your relationship with Daniel. Wait! Don’t get any weird idea”

“What?”  she chuckled. “No. I mean it’s okay. I’m the one who didn’t tell you about it. But I promise I’ll let you know when the time comes”

“When?”

            She was stunted at his question and he realised it. Wonwoo scratched the back of his neck. “I mean, I think I understand the only reason you and Daniel have problem telling me about it is because we’re not close” he lifted his head to her. “Am I right?”

“Well, kind of. Sorry though” “No don’t be” “Let’s get closer then”

            Wonwoo looked at her once again.

“All this time we’re only acquaintance in the same class but let’s get to know each other more. We can be best friends” Gyuri suggested. She smiled and tilted her head. “What do you think?”

            He smirked. “Sounds great. Then how about we have lunch together”

“Sure. Since I just finished class and I’m starving. In fact, I owe you meals” “Alright then” he smirked.

            The two spent their lunch together without much words. They were about to exit the cafeteria.

“I’ll take my leave then. Thank you for today” Wonwoo voiced. “Of course” Gyuri smiled. “See you later”

            Wonwoo walked away from her while waving and she waved back. Gyuri looked down to her watch. *Looks like I have many time to kill before my shift tonight* Gyuri walked to the end of the hallway and went up the staircase to the upper level. She took a turn into the library. She walked pass shelves and stopped at the last edge. She looked around to make sure no one was nearby. She smiled. *Nice!*

            Gyuri took a seat on the floor, leaning against the metal shelves. The backpack on her shoulder was opened. She took out the turquoise notebook and her laptop. *Let’s start shall we?*

            Her fingers started to slide on the keyboard, typing words swiftly as she totally immersed in the story she was typing, Daniel’s story. After a while, Gyuri leaned back. She scrolled through the pages she successfully wrote for the couple of hours. *That’s a lot! I’m impressed with myself! Though I haven’t been writing for ages I able to write this much* she looked down to the wallpaper of her phone. It was the picture of her with Daniel she took a few days ago. She smiled. *I will do my best to help you, Daniel*

 

 

            An unknown figure moved away from the shelf Gyuri was leaning over.