Chapter 7

Dream Writer

            Goeun lifted her head from the papers in her grip to Gyuri who just got into the room.

“Hey~” Goeun called. “Hey” Gyuri replied. “Shopping?” “Yea a bit” Gyuri set the shopping bags on her bed. “With Daniel”

“So you two hang out without me” Goeun narrowed her eyes at her. “Sorry” Gyuri chuckled. “I don’t even plan to go shopping with him. He was in front of the store I worked today. So I decided to treat him”

“You better let me tag along if you want to hang out with him later” “Of course” “And let me guess” Goeun crossed her arms. “You don’t get me anything”

“You kidding?” Gyuri held out a box of burger to her. Goeun gasped and took it “How do you know I’m hungry after doing all these assignment?!”

“Nah you hungry all the time” Gyuri jeered. Goeun paused but then replied. “Yea you’re right. Thanks, babe”

“Sure” Gyuri put the item to make kite on her desk.

            After freshen herself, she did her homework and later started to make the kite. Goeun bent over to her. “What you doing?” “I’m making kite” “For?” “It’s a gift for someone” “Who is this special someone?” Goeun gave her a sneaky smile. “Just a friend, Goeun. I’m visiting him later” “You sure you use the term ‘friend’ correctly?” “Positively. He’s my childhood friend” Gyuri smiled again at the thought of Felix.

            Hours later, Gyuri leaned back and looked at the kite she successfully made. *I’ll meet Felix and give him this. He’ll love it!*

            She turned to the clock to see it was time for her to head to bed. She saw Goeun already fell asleep in her bed. Gyuri turned off the light and went to bed.

*          *          *

            Gyuri met Felix in District 10. The two was walking by the lake without a word, both just enjoying the scenery. She stole a glance at him. *Felix did grow up. Compared to the time when we play the kites together, he was really short back then. And people had been making fun of him a lot. But it’s amazing how he able to ignore them*

            Felix suddenly pulled her to sit with him at a nearby bench. “The scenery is superb! You really have a nice imagination!”

“It’s not my imagination. I watch sunset most of the time” she replied. “So it’s my memory you’re watching”

“It’s so nice!” he smiled to himself. “I’m gonna miss this memory of yours a lot” but she didn’t hear him saying it as she once again immersed in her thought.

*But it’s weird. Felix is the only friend I’m seeing in this dreamland of mine. Is it because I miss our times together so much that I dreamt him every night? And I usually dreamt of the one who is not around anymore. This just getting weirder*

“Gyuri?” Felix waved his hand in front of her face. Gyuri jolted. “Sorry did you say something?”

“I asked you if you want to go to the Cinderella village?” “Great idea. Let’s go” she stood.

            Felix stared at her. “Is something bothering you? You didn’t talk much today”

“What? No” she chuckled. “I’m just comfortable being my quiet self around you, that’s all”

“You sure?” “Positively”

            Felix stood and took her hand. “If that’s the case, let’s go now” Gyuri nodded. They walked ahead and suddenly their surrounding turned into a village with people doing their daily activities.

            Gyuri smiled as she smelled the freshly baked bread from nearby bakery. “Smells nice!”

“Let’s get some for ourselves” Felix pulled her hand. Gyuri halted her steps. She looked down to her clothes and they were not same as the other citizen. And so did Felix’s. “We need to blend in”

“We can just go, no one notices” “But-“ “We can just change” he reached to the lower tip of his shirt. “Yah!” Gyuri grabbed his hand to stop him from proceed. Her face grew red.

“Tsk” Felix smirked and put her hand away. “Yah, I know you’re a coy girl. I wouldn’t do that in front of you”

            Gyuri smirked and smacked him. “Let me just set things right” she shut her eyes for a bit. Once she opened her eyes again, Felix had already changed clothes. He looked down to his outfit. “Looking good ain’t it?”

“Yea you’re welcome” “Hehe thanks” “Alright now” she covered his eyes with her hands and shut her eyes. A few seconds later, they opened their eyes. Gyuri was wearing a soft pink dress. Felix smiled without her knowing.

“Let’s go!” she pulled Felix.

            The two ran into the crowd and enjoyed their time at the town. A palace guard’s shout caught everyone’s attention to the fountain located at the centre. Felix and Gyuri joined the crowd forming at the fountain. Everyone was listening to the announcement made. Felix glanced to his side and saw Gyuri struggled to see. He chuckled only to receive a smack by her.

“The ball is tonight. Should we go?” he asked. “Of course we should” she nodded. “But first” Gyuri grabbed onto his hand and walked out of the crowd only to arrive at a yard of a cottage. Felix exchanged looks with Gyuri. She jerked her head to the house and lead the way.

            Both of them climbed on a tree that allowed them to see the music room both Cinderella’s stepsisters and stepmother were with a grand piano at the centre. Felix and Gyuri sat on the branch. “Cinderella should be here by now” he said.

            They watched as Cinderella entered the room with a broom in her grip and the letter in another. They watched how the two sisters made fun of Cinderella and their stepmother allowing Cinderella to attend the ball before she walked out the door.

            The whole day Felix and Gyuri spent their time ‘watching’ Cinderella. They were hiding behind a tree while watching Cinderella with her fairy godmother. Upon seeing Cinderella in the carriage, Felix turned to Gyuri. “We should go too”

“Of course” “Let’s go” he held onto her hand and both took a turn deeper into the woods only to arrive at the staircase of the gorgeous palace.

“Woah!” Felix couldn’t stop himself from staring at Gyuri who was in her light blue gown. Gyuri looked away with a coy smile. She stole a glance at him. “You look fine yourself”

            Felix smiled. He held out his hand. Gyuri looked at his hands then to him. “Should we enjoy this night?”

            Gyuri nodded with smile and took his hand.

 

 

            The two entered the ballroom where the guests had gathered. They watched as Cinderella and the Prince were dancing together. Felix stole a glance at Gyuri who was immersed watching the couple. He smiled. *I wish this moment can last forever*

“Felix” Gyuri took his hand. The two joined the dance floor along with the other couples. She entwined their hands and another hand was on his shoulder. Felix smirked but followed along. He pulled her closer. They started to dance.

            Gyuri had the sweet smile on her the whole time. He chuckled.

“Why do you laugh?” she pouted. “My dance must be bad”

“No. It just that…You must have really enjoy this moment” “You bet. I don’t dance every day”

           

            Gyuri and Felix walked to the veranda. She leaned against the railing and watched the night sky full of stars. “It’s beautiful”

            He looked at her but she didn’t notice. “I agree” he smiled.

“I mean because there is no technology in this story and no advanced tall building are built, we can totally enjoy the nature. Hey” she turned to him. “We should try and mix stories later”

“Yah, I know that imagination of yours is really amazing” he paused. “But that was an incredible idea! We should try”

“What story should we mix?” “Can we do ‘Frozen’?” “Yea and featuring Jack Frost! I’m totally a JElsa shipper!” she squealed. “Aish I want you to include me in ‘Frozen’ so I can date Elsa” “This fanboy of Elsa” she laughed. “Alright let’s just include you in there later”

            They were silence again with Gyuri continued stargazing. Felix suddenly turned her to face him. She gave him a puzzled look.

“I want to do something” he voiced. “What is it?” “But I need you to close your eyes first” “Woah a surprise!” she clapped her hands in glee. “Aish, hurry” “Nae nae” she shut her eyes.

            They were silent. Felix stared at her. *Can I just stay with you here forever?* His eyes sadden.

“Felix?” she called. “I’m still here. I need more time” “Okay”

            He decreased their gap. He leaned in. Their lips were a mere centimetre away. *But I know it’s impossible* He stopped and his eyes went to her face. *I should really try to forget you, Gyuri. Thank you for everything. I’ll miss you. At least I should be thankful able to meet you*

            Felix stood straight again.

“You’re taking forever” she whined. “Tsk. You big baby. Count to 3 and open your eyes” “Okay then”

“1, 2, 3!” Gyuri opened her eyes only to see Felix made his ugly face with his eyes squinted. “Yah!”

            A smack landed on him that made Felix broke into laughter. He avoided her next smack only to have her chased him around.

“What the heck, Felix!” Gyuri shouted.

            The clock struck 12 and the bell echoed. The two stopped and went to the railing to see Cinderella running away with the Prince chasing her.

“The story is coming to an end” Gyuri voiced. “Yea so do ours” “You mean?” “You need to get up, Gyuri” “Awh” she pouted. “I don’t want to”

“Aigo, you have class, do you?” “But I don’t want to go” “Why? Wonwoo had been disturbing you?” “Of course. And I don’t see any sign of him stopping. I mean it’s not like I don’t like him that I can tell him off but he helped me and I owe him big time” “So you have to put up with him” “Yea I think so too” she sighed.

“Anyway” she looked up to him. “Tonight had been a great time. Let’s play more tomorrow”

“Of course. See you tomorrow” “Yea. Wait I almost forgot. We should meet. Like in the real world” “I’ll think about it” “No we need to. I made a new kite for us to play just like old time” “But Gyuri-“ “Nah I don’t want to hear any excuse. We’ll discuss more about this tomorrow” she waved. Felix smiled. “Nae, see you tomorrow. Have a nice day” “You too”

            He watched as she vanished. Felix’s hand dropped to his side. His eyes sadden. “I wish I can Gyuri”