Chapter 6

Dream Writer

            Gyuri got out from the store to meet Daniel.

“You’re done with work?” he asked. “Yup” she replied. Gyuri glanced down to her watch. “I still got time though. Want to go shopping with me?”

 

 

            The two walked pass stores. Daniel stole a glance to Gyuri who was busy typing on her phone. He peeked on the screen.

| Where is Daniel? Is he with you?                 From: Wonwoo                       |

| He’s with me for hours already. You seem to be worry abt him    |

| Yea because I’m kind of his guardian right?            From: Wonwoo                       |

| Nae, appa. I will send him home later                                                         |

“So that’s what that little box for”

            Gyuri snapped her head to Daniel and realised he had been reading her conversation.

“Wonwoo had been holding it often so I’m curious what’s that thing for” “Ah, this” Gyuri held out her phone. “Is smart phone. It helps you do many things. Communicate, take picture, and many other thing”

“Amazing” he replied. “This small box able to do many things” he looked around and saw other people were using their phones too.

“But it seems lonely”

“What is it?” “This phone. Made people seem lonely” “You mean?” “I don’t know. It just seems like that. Anyway” he turned to her. “Where are we going anyway?”

“Since I’m off early today, I think of doing some shopping” Gyuri scrolled through screen. “I want to buy something” she turned to him. “For you”

            The two walked into the shopping. Gyuri brought Daniel to the males’ clothing section. She helped to pick clothes for him and Daniel tried them on. After entered almost 5 stores, they rested at a nearby bench.

“Is it okay for you to get me these?” Daniel ran her eyes to the bags in his grip. “Of course no worry. I don’t use my money often” Gyuri replied. She turned her head and paused as her eyes landed on a store near them. “Hey, I need to go to a store for a while” she stood and put the shopping bag in her grip beside Daniel. “I’ll be quick”

 

            Minutes passed. Gyuri walked to Daniel again. He looked up to her and saw a paper bag in her grip. “What’s that?”

“Ah this” Gyuri smiled. “You need to help me with this later”

“Help?” “Yes”

 

 

“Come I want you taste this one food” Gyuri lead Daniel to a stall. Daniel smiled at her excited reaction. Gyuri ordered two ice creams and gave one to him. Daniel held onto the cone and watched Gyuri the ice-cream. “That’s how you enjoy ice-cream”

“Ice-cream?” he brought the ice-cream to his lips. Slowly he on it. His eyes widened. “Whoa! It’s cold! But it’s delicious!”

“Better finish up fast” “You bet I will” he enjoyed the ice-cream and she watched him with a smile.

 

            The two were in the stationery stores. Daniel watched as Gyuri picked a few things and had them rang at the counter.

“That’s it we’re finished” Gyuri voiced. “Let’s go. I’ll drop you home” he offered.

 

 

            Gyuri was walking with Daniel. She smiled as she watched at the screen of her phone the picture she took of Daniel while eating ice-cream. “You going to watch this picture all the time?” he teased. “Imagine if I spread this picture, I’m sure girls will come to you” “No, please don’t” he chuckled. “Why? It’s not that you have anyone right?” “Nah I’m not interested” “Awh, Daniel is party-pooper!”

            Daniel tilted his head and she knew what he meant so Gyuri explained what the word meant. They stopped in front of the house Gyuri rent with a few of her friends.

“See you tomorrow then” she voiced. “Nae. Thank you for all these” Daniel smiled. Gyuri nodded. “Wait, I almost forgot” she held out the paper bag she was holding on. “Help give this to Wonwoo”

“Alright. What’s this anyway?” he took the bag. “I just got him a present. Since he helped me a lot” she replied.

            There was a tick-tock silence.

“Well, I’m going in”

“Wait, Gyuri” Daniel called that made her turned to him again. “Are you going to make kite?”

            Gyuri chuckled. “How do you know?”

“I’m just guessing” “Well, you’re right. I’m making kite” “What for?” “Well” she smiled at the thought of Felix. “I want to remember this one precious memory once again?”

            Daniel tilted his head in puzzlement.

“You see” she began. “I have this one friend who I really like to hang out with. When we were little, I once played kite together with him but sadly his red kite snapped and flew away. I planned to make a new one for him, though it had been years. I want to make new memory with him as well as recalling the past”

“Oh, it’s that” he chuckled. “I never knew you could think of something like that”

“Hey, I’m quite a thoughtful person, you know. Anyway” she waved. “See you tomorrow”

“Nae. Thank you for today” he waved back as she walked away from him, still waving.

            Daniel started to walk alone. “She’s talking about Felix, right?”