Chapter 5

Dream Writer

            Gyuri was walking out the class.

“Gyuri” Wonwoo caught up to her. “What is it? I have my part time work” Gyuri glanced to her watch. “Can’t you tell me about you and Daniel?” “For the thousandth time today, NO. I’m going then” Gyuri walked away but Wonwoo ran up to her. “Come on tell me” he whined. “Not gonna tell” she ignored him.

 

 

 

            Gyuri was at the convenience store she worked as her part-time job. She sighed as no one visited the store at that hour. She decided to hang out outside of the store. Gyuri sipped on the coffee in her grip and let out a sigh. She recalled the last time she left Daniel alone. “I really shouldn’t do that”

            Her eyes landed on a stray cat that was playing nearby. “What do you think I should do, Mr. Cat?” The cat ignored her and she tried to call it again.

 

“You know he doesn’t even listen to you, right?”

            Gyuri lifted her head to the voice. Daniel stood before her. She looked away and stood. “D-Daniel”

“Hey” he avoided looking at her. Gyuri bit her lips and turned to him. “Why are you here?”

“Ah, I just” he glanced around. “Walking around. Why are you here?”

“I work here” There was a tick-tock silence.

“You wait here” Gyuri rushed into the store. She came back again to Daniel who was already sat at the table with a bowl of ramen and fish cakes in her hands. She sat across him.

“Go on, eat up”

            Daniel lifted his head to her. *Is she still mad at me for telling her to write?* To his surprise,  Gyuri gave him a small smile. He replied her smile and took the chopstick before dig into the food. She smiled watching him eat.

“So this is how it taste like” he voiced. “What is it?” “This noodle. I saw Wonwoo throw this away this morning”

“I want to let you taste many kind of food here” “You’re being too kind, Gyuri-ssi” “And those” she pointed to the fish cakes. “Are fish cakes”

“Fish?!” his eyes widened that made her laughed. “You’re gonna love the taste” “You really know how to feed a cat, Gyuri-ssi” he smirked.

            Gyuri continued to watch his reaction while eating.

“Daniel” she suddenly called. Daniel turned to her as he finished eating. “About your story” she began. He automatically paid attention to her.

“I’m thinking of continuing with it. I will complete the story”

            Daniel smiled. He stood and bowed to her. “Thank you very much, Gyuri-ssi”

“Hey” Gyuri pulled him to sit again as she felt shy. “It’s nothing big”

“No. It’s our story. And it not only matter to me. It matters to you” he voiced. Gyuri smiled. “I will do my best to complete the story with a meaningful storyline”