Chapter 3

Dream Writer

            It was morning again. Gyuri was fixing her appearance in front of the mirror. Daniel’s face suddenly came into her mind again. *I’ll go visit him after class later* Gyuri glanced at Goeun who was still asleep. “Yah, Goeun. Aren’t you getting up?”

“My morning class is cancelled” Goeun mumbled. “Ah, I see. See you later then” “Have fun” Goeun waved while her head still in the cover. Gyuri smirked and got out from the room.

 

            It was late afternoon.

“I’m super tired!” Wonwoo yawned as he climbed on the stairs to his rent apartment. “Let me just take a nap for a while after sending this guy downstairs”

            He unlocked the door. “I’m home” he voiced but received no reply. “He’s still not conscious?” Wonwoo walked through the hallway. He turned the door knob, pushing the door a tad, before being pulled into the room. “Yah!”

            Daniel already grabbed him by his collar. His gaze was sharp as if it could eat him alive. “What is this place?! Where is you Gyuri?! Who are you?!”

“Chill, dude. She’s here” Wonwoo tried to get his breath. “You lying! I searched this place-“ “Seriously, she’s downstairs. I was about to call you-“

            Daniel already let him go. He dashed out the room. Wonwoo coughed a few times and rubbed his sore neck. “Damn he’s strong”

 

            Daniel ran down the stairs of the 3floor building. A wide smile stretched on his lips. *I can finally meet Gyuri! Finally!*

           

            Gyuri sighed as she glanced down to her watch. “He’s taking forever. Or is there any problem?” She turned as she heard a soft thud near her. A guy was standing there.

“Gyuri-ssi” Daniel called her with his eyes almost disappear from his smiling. To her surprise, he ran to her and pulled her into his arms. “I’ve been waiting to see you, Gyuri-ssi”

“D-Daniel” Gyuri stuttered, totally taken aback by his sudden movement. Daniel let go off her. “You know me”

Gyuri saw Wonwoo who just arrived at the ground level. He saw both of them. “Okay I won’t disturb both of you”

Gyuri saw the wound on Daniel had been treated and him in clean outfit. “Hey, Wonwoo” she called him before he could climb the stairs again. He turned to her. “Thanks” she gave him a small smile. He replied her smile before leaving both of them.

Once again, Gyuri had her attention to Daniel who was still smiling, super excited to see her. “Okay now” she couldn’t meet his eyes yet; she was still shy around him. It felt so unreal to her. “You must be hungry. Let’s go to the café first”

“Where?” “Café” “What’s that?” “Ah” she laughed. “Sorry I forgot that you…never mind. Well, café is one of the places where you can get food”

“Really? Nice! Let’s go!”

            Gyuri and Daniel walked side by side. She glanced at him behind her a few time. *I still have a hard time believing he’s here* Every time she distant herself from him, Daniel would catch up to her again. The two eventually entered the cafeteria. It was not so crowded as it was late in the afternoon. They took their place at a table beside the window.

“You wait here. I’ll bring some food” she informed Daniel. Daniel nodded eagerly that made her chuckled a little. Gyuri left Daniel.

            Gyuri took a tray and went into the line. *It’s so awkward. I still have a hard time believing him here*

            Daniel leaned into the chair and threw his view out the window. The cafeteria was surrounded by garden. A smile appeared on his face. He then ran his view around and stopped at a frame that was attached to the ceiling near him. The frame showed some small human moving in it. “Woah! What’s that?” he was mesmerized but then lost in the drama showed at the TV.

 

            Moments later, Gyuri came back with a tray full of food.

“Amazing” Daniel didn’t move his stare from the TV. “What is it?” she followed his gaze and placed the tray on the table. “I don’t know there are people that small here in your world” he spoke.

            Gyuri burst into laughter. She took a seat across him. *That’s so cute of him! He though people in the TV are small people*

“Why are you laughing?” he tilted his head. “What’s so funny?”

“Aigo” Gyuri tried to stop her laughter. “Looks like I have many things to teach you” She began to explain to him about the TV…which he had a hard time digesting. Noticing his puzzled face, Gyuri cleared . “It’s okay. I will tell you about everything. For now,” she jerked her head to the meal before him. “Eat up”

“Alright. Thank you for the food” Daniel picked up the chopstick. He stared at the food in awe. “Isn’t this what the king always eat?”

“Yea back at your world. Here, even commoner eats it” “Woah I’m so lucky!” “Go on eat up!”

            Daniel nodded and he began to dig in. Gyuri stared at him with a small smile. *But how can he be here?*

“But how can you be here?” she blurted out what was in her mind. “I mean because you’re from…”

“Your story?” he glanced at her. “Yea” “I don’t know either. I was in a battle and I was walking around. I knew we were losing. I was in daze and thinking about you. But then I stepped into another place between the woods that brought me here”

“That’s weird” “I know. You never dream about it” “Wait. How do you know about my dream? I mean, you’re just one of the character in my story” “That you write based on your dream. So technically, I’m from your dream too” “You knew about my dream” “Of course. I saw you in your dream” “But I thought no one sees me” “They don’t. But I can. And I don’t know why” “Woah” Gyuri was dumbfounded for a while. She stared at him as he continued to eat.

“But in my dream and story, you’re half cat” “Yes I am” he replied, still not looking at her. Gyuri’s eyes were on his head. She reached out her hand, attempted to touch his head. Daniel lifted his head to look at her. The two met each other’s eyes. He smiled. “If you’re looking for my ears, they’re not there. I was shocked to lose them too. But I guess I need to sacrifice something for me to see you here” he gave her a small smile.

“Ah” she pulled her hand to herself again, a tad embarrassed.

 

            After finished their meal, Daniel and Gyuri were walking side by side.

“So I have to stay with your friend?” Daniel glanced at Gyuri. She nodded in reply. “Since I stay in girls’ dormitory, I can’t bring a guy. Wonwoo rent a room so he can bring any guest in. I’ll make sure to pay for his kindness later”

“Wonwoo” “Yea. Make sure you don’t do anything bad to him” she gave him a glare. “Sure” he chuckled that made her tilted her head in wonder.

“It just that, you look funny. I don’t know you are able to do that to me”

            Gyuri smirked at his words. “I may be seems shy but if you know me well, you will think about me differently”

“Nae. I’ll make sure to know the real you. Since you know the real me”

 

“Gyuri!”