Chapter 1

Dream Writer

 

Start: 24 November 2018 (22:28)

A/N (3 May 2020): I know I had been procrastinating A LOT ^^ the story is complete only in 2020. Dear me in 2018, what's wrong w you? ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Gyuri glanced to her watch. *Aish! 30 minutes more!* She turned to other side to meet her sketch paper and pen beside her. Her head was on the class desk. She grabbed the pen and started to doodle on the paper. *I’m so darn bored! Let me get out from this class!*

            Half the population of class already lost in dreamland, thanks to the presence of air condition cooling the closed room. Only some students still managed to survive, focusing to the professor talking at the front. The class continued as always but the next thing that happen was everyone had their heads turned to the door, where the shrieking sound came from. Gyuri couldn’t care less about it so she ignored it and continued to doodle on the paper. Some gasps and whispers can be heard among the students.

            A guy almost 2-meter-tall sauntered into the hall. His footsteps were heavy. And he was wearing an ancient combat costume, with blood stains and cuts covered him.

*Someone came to class extremely late!* Gyuri snorted.

            The guy halted his steps. Gyuri realised the sudden unusual silence of the hall. The next thing she realised was that all eyes were on her. She felt a shadow fell over her. *Is it the prof?!!* She pushed herself off the desk. And gasped at the figure before her.

            The guy was standing there. “Finally I found you” he whispered. “Jang Gyuri”

“D-Daniel” she called, still couldn’t believe her eyes. The guy, Daniel gave her a smirk before passed out on the cold floor, making everyone gasped and some shouted. Gyuri froze for a moment, but then she ran to get him. “Yah, wake up!” she held him. Gyuri stared down to her trembling hands.

“Do you know this person, Gyuri?”

            Gyuri looked up. It was the prof. “Sir” Gyuri replied and glanced at Daniel. Her mind was busy trying to come out with an answer. “This is my cousin”

“Really? Is he okay? He looks badly hurt” “He’s fine. I guess”

“Aigo” a male voice made everyone turned to the side of the class. One of the male students stood and made his way towards Gyuri. He casually helped carry Daniel. “Prof, this cousin of her always like this. He must have overwork again. Right, Gyuri?” he glanced to Gyuri. The professor glanced at both Gyuri and the male student. “You know him, Wonwoo?”

“Of course, sir” Wonwoo grinned. “Where does he work?” this time, the professor turned to Gyuri for answer. “Ah” her pupil wandered for a moment. “He worked at a nearby theatre”

“Oh, so he’s an actor?” “Yea...” Gyuri nodded.

“Excuse us, sir. I’ll help Gyuri take care of her cousin” Wonwoo stood, with Daniel on his back. “Alright. Be careful” the professor advised. “Nae” Gyuri bowed before followed Wonwoo.

*          *          *

            Wonwoo stood again after helped put Daniel in his bed. He sighed. “What happen to this dude actually? I should ask Gyuri” Wonwoo walked down from the building where his rented room located. He looked around to find Gyuri seating on a bench nearby. He approached her.

            Gyuri stood as she saw him coming. “Thank you very much” she bowed a few time. “I don’t know what I would do if it weren’t for you”

“You know that’s not what I want” he replied coldly. She looked at him.

“I want explanation. Who is that?”

            Gyuri snorted. *There he goes again. Being all cold!* “We’re not close enough for me to answer that, don’t you think”

“Hey, I help you so I should get something in return so I want explanation” “I can’t”

            Gyuri avoided his eyes. She bit her lips, thinking of something to answer him. Wonwoo noticed that he just made her uncomfortable. He sighed, gave up. “Never mind. I’ll listen about it later. For now, I’m keeping that guy with me. Don’t worry. I won’t harm him for whoever he is to you. You can’t bring a guy into girl dorm, right?”

            Gyuri who was about to oppose his idea paused. *Yea he got a point* She gave him a small smile. “Thanks”

            Wonwoo avoided her eyes. “Well, at least I should know his name”

“It’s Daniel. Kang Daniel”