Chapter. 4

The Guardians Of Hogwarts

 

“So what you’re saying is, Soonyoung knew this would happen?” Seungcheol frowned as he stared down the younger. “He knew this would happen but he never told us?” 

 

“No, no!” Chan shook his head. “He saw something major happening, but he never got a strange feeling with it. I think it was meant to be a good thing.” Chan looked back over at the guardians. “If Soonyoung thought it would be dangerous, he would’ve told me.” 

 

Seungcheol looked over at his boyfriend who desperately tried to help Wonwoo and Mingyu, he could tell by the look on Jihoon’s face that the guardian was at his limit.

 

‘Babe, can you come here for a second? Chan needs to tell you something plus you need to rest.’ Seungcheol smiled warmly as the small guardian looked over his shoulder. ‘Come here, baby.’

 

Jihoon slowly flew over to them, landing in front of Seungcheol. Barely keeping his eyes open, he tried to focus on Chan.

 

“Soonyoung has the ability to see parts of the future, but not enough to bring him or others in. He sort of saw this happen.” Chan held his hands up as Jihoon glared at him. “Hyung, please, just listen ok? Soonyoung would’ve told me. He doesn’t really know about you guys, but he knew something major was going to happen to all of you.” Chan smiled softly. “A good thing, hyung.” 

 

“I can barely call this a ‘good thing’ when 1 of my guardians still hasn’t gotten himself under control and Mingyu still hasn’t changed back!” Jihoon’s wings ruffled, small branches sprouting from the ground.

 

Sighing, Chan looked down chewing on his lower lip. 

 

“I think I know who can help us.” Chan started running. “Ask Hansol if he can get Soonyoung!! I’m going to find Seokmin!!” 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hyung!” Chan barged into potions classroom, knowing this is where he could find his hyung. “I need you to come with me, please don’t ask any questions.” Chan started collecting all sorts of ingredients, grabbing a small cauldron he looked back at Seokmin. “Well! Come on!! We don’t  have time!” 

 

Seokmin looked up as the door slammed open, before he opened his mouth to greet the younger he was quickly shut up by the young Slytherin. Doing the same as Chan, he quickly grabbed a book he thought he needed and followed the younger one.

 

“Is this about Soonyoung? Did something happen?” Seokmin looked at Chan as they walked. “You’re not trying to create a love potion, are you?” Raising an eyebrow, Seokmin started to laugh. “I’m joking, Chan.” 

 

“I’m afraid this is a bit more important than Soonyoung, hyung.” Chan led Seokmin out into the fields. “This is about Jihoon hyung and his group.” Chan glanced over at the older. “I know you don’t need that.” Nodding at the wand Chan knew the Ravenclaw hid in his robes. “I need your potions and healing to help them.” 

 

“I’m not sure what exactly is going on and how you know this, but I’ll question that later.” Seokmin looked in front of him, shocked to see so many trees close to each other. “What is that?” 

 

“Jihoon hyung! Can you open this back up please?” Chan waited till there was an opening before pushing Seokmin inside. “We need to do this quickly, hyung.” 

 

Seokmin looked around, seeing all of his friends down on the ground. 

 

“I do expect an explanation for all of this.” Dumping his stuff on the ground, Seokmin glanced over at Wonwoo. “Is that, is that Mingyu?” When he saw Wonwoo nod slowly he sighed. “, Mingyu hyung, you never learn do you?” 

 

Wonwoo glared at him but he was too exhausted to move around. 

 

“What are you talking about? He can’t change back!” Tears ran down Wonwoo’s face as he looked at his boyfriend.

 

“He definitely can, I think he just got a bit too comfortable and forgot who he was for a second.” Grabbing purple dust, Seokmin dumped the rest of the contents into the cauldron. Looking over at Jihoon he smiled softly. “Hello hyung, it’s been a while since I saw you.” 

 

Nodding slowly, Jihoon made his way over to the Ravenclaw, handing him some leaves he knew he needed. 

 

“You can help us, right? I can’t do much anymore, the rest have fainted and I don’t think I can stay awake any longer.” Jihoon knelt down next to Seokmin, his wings wrapping themselves around him. 

 

“Jihoon, baby?” Seungcheol moved closer to them. “I think we can handle it from here, get some rest.” 

 

Jisoo walked over to them, tapping Jihoon on his head gently. 

 

“They all have changed back, Jihoon. I think you can relax now, we will take care of Wonwoo and Mingyu.” Jisoo smiled softly as Jihoon fell back against Seungcheol, his wings disappearing and his long hair became short again.

 

“So it’s true, guardians are real?” Seokmin chuckled softly as he finished the potion. “This won’t change Mingyu back, but it will allow him to communicate with you, Wonwoo.” Looking at the rest of the couples, Seokmin understood. “Memories….” He smiled sadly as he locked eyes with Jisoo. “You need your memories, you need your hearts to become one, again. Let your souls find each other.” 

 

Seungcheol chuckled as he looked down at Jihoon, combing his fingers through the Slytherin’s hair.

 

“That’s exactly what he told me when I found him ‘our souls met the moment we touched each other.’  You can do this Wonwoo.” Glaring at Mingyu he continued. “And you, stop scaring Wonwoo! You get comfortable way too easily!” 

 

Wonwoo looked to his side as he heard Mingyu whimpering, his eyes widened as his heart started to beat a little faster. 

 

“M-mingyu….” Wonwoo waited till Seokmin let Mingyu drink the potion. “You idiot….” He smiled sadly, clenching his fist, leaning forward he bumped his head against Mingyu’s side. 

 

“I’m sorry my little firefly.” Mingyu nudged Wonwoo with his head, making the Ravenclaw look at him. “I never meant to make you worry, to cause problems. I was always here with you, I could hear you, I could hear your thoughts, your heart.” 

 

Wonwoo eyes widened, backing away, a memory of his first accidental kiss with Mingyu flashed before his eyes, he could feel the fire spread throughout his body. He reached out to Mingyu, wrapping his arms around the black panther's neck as his wings grew, red stripes slowly covered his legs, arms, neck and face.

 

“You’re an idiot sometimes as well, you know?” Mingyu had changed back as he felt Wonwoo’s mind connect with his, he saw the memory and it made him smile. His boyfriend could be so adorable. “You always had this power within you.” Wrapping his arms around his boyfriend, Mingyu pulled away slightly to press a kiss against Wonwoo’s lips.

 

He did it, he really did it.’ Jihoon had woken up again, Wonwoo’s rebirth woke him up, gave him strength, looking around he saw the other guardians had stood up as well. ‘These idiots….’ He tried hard to keep his tears in but the moment he made eye contact with his lover, he let them flow freely.


 

“You are amazing.” Seungcheol kissed the top of Jihoon’s head as he held the Slytherin close to him. 

 

Jihoon slowly made the trees disappear back into the ground again, revealing a large group of students had surrounded them, each of them holding onto their wands. Grabbing onto the crystal, Jihoon and the rest of the guardians flew up, preparing to attack if needed. 

 

“No! Stop!” Soonyoung ran through the sea of students. “Don’t attack! They are students of Hogwarts!” Looking back over his shoulder, he made eye contact with Chan he smiled softly. “They are not our enemy! They are here to help us, they have always helped us when we were in danger!” 

 

Chan walked over to him, shyly holding onto the Hufflepuffs hand, linking their fingers, shooting up a burst of energy into Soonyoung’s body.

 

“But the headmaster said there was an attack in the fields.” A 3rd year Gryffindor spoke up. “He made us investigate.” 

 

“The headmaster has done nothing but lie to us!” Chan glared at the student. “These people, the guardians have done nothing but get rid of our enemies, they have been fighting monsters, evil wizards who dared to attack us! The headmaster did nothing but sit back and watch!” 

 

Everyone looked up in shock at the sound of crackling thunder, some started shivering as the air around them got colder and the wind got stronger.

 

“Guardians, get ready.” Jihoon’s eyes changed. “Seungcheol, I need you and the rest to calm the students down, explain everything if needed. We’ll get the headmaster. This needs to end right now.” 

 

‘Be careful my love.’ Seungcheol smiled, gathering the rest as they started to talk to the students