Chapter 3

The Guardians Of Hogwarts

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. What is going on? Sir?” Hansol looked at the headmaster then back at the door, the room where his boyfriend, Seungkwan was currently locked in.

 

“Mr Boo has told you everything?” Headmaster Yu waited till Hansol replied before continuing. “His powers are getting out of control, the same is happening to the rest of the guardians right now. We’re not sure why.” 

 

“We-well can’t you do something? Seungkwan needs our help. What about Jihoon? Can he do something?” Hansol started to panic, he could hear Seungkwan’s sobbing, the banging on the door getting too much. “I’m going to find Jihoon.” Moving closer to the door, Hansol knocked on the door. “Boo, I’ll be right back, I’m going to find Jihoon, everything is going to be ok.” 

 

Feeling a gust of wind, both the headmaster and Hansol looked up, looking at Jihoon and Jeonghan as they landed in front of them.

 

“There’s no need to look for me, Hansol.” Jihoon’s eyes were narrowed as he looked at the headmaster. “Open that door. I said open the door!” Jihoon’s hand shot up and with one smooth movement, the door burst open. “Jeonghan, I need you to hold Hansol back.” 

 

Walking into the room, Jihoon looked at Seungkwan with sad eyes. ‘Everything will be alright, Seungkwannie, we’re here, Hansol is here as well.’ 

 

“We all need to come together, Hansol, it’s the only way we can save everyone.” Jeonghan had blocked them off with a wall of ice. “We are being punished for being in love, aren’t we headmaster?” Jeonghan clenched his fist in anger. “Aren’t we, headmaster!?” 

 

“I’d rather die than give up my love for Seungcheol.” Jihoon walked out, holding onto Seungkwan. “Hansol, I need you to carry him for me. We’re going to do this now, before we lose anyone.” 

 

The headmaster hung his head as they walked past him. There was nothing he could do for them. 

 

“Guardians aren’t supposed to love, it was my job to keep you apart.” Sighing, the headmaster looked up at Jihoon. “I never meant for this to happen, Mr Lee. If there is any-” 

 

“I need you to leave us alone, we don’t need you, we never needed you.” Jihoon didn’t spare him a glance, instead he locked eyes with Chan who appeared behind the headmaster. “And if you have anything to add to this, go ahead, but we’re moving now.” 

 

“There is a first time for everything, Headmaster Yu. You can’t blame them for loving someone.” Chan frowned as he walked over to the guardians. “You told me to keep an eye on them, to report everything they did. But wanting to force them apart was just too cruel.” 

 

“You-!” Taking a deep breath, Jihoon motioned for them to keep going. “I’ll deal with you later, I don’t care that you’re the headmaster.” Jihoon walked backwards, crossing his arms making a slashing motion, covering the hallway in vines. 

 

“You need some more explaining to do Channie.” Jeonghan smiled softly. “Thank you for not doing what he said you had to do.” Wrapping an arm around Chan’s shoulder, Jeonghan kissed Chan’s head, making the younger whine.

 

“Hyung! Wh-what if he sees?” Chan looked around quickly, to see if he could catch a glimpse of a certain Hufflepuff, pouting as he didn’t.

 

“I still want to know what you are, what is your role in this?” Jihoon had his arms crossed, glaring at the young Slytherin but quickly distracted once he felt his boyfriend’s presence. “Ah, Seungcheol’s close!” 

 

“I only know what the headmaster has told me, nothing more, I promise!” Chan looked down. “His actions were uncalled for, but I promise I never once approved of what he did.” 

 

“Guys, I’m sorry to interrupt, but Seungkwan just changed.” Hansol looked down at his boyfriend. “I-is this normal?” He looked up, looking at Jihoon.

 

Jihoon smiled softly, walking over to them and caressing Seungkwan’s hair.

 

“Very.” Chuckling softly, Jihoon tried not to cry. “He has found himself, I guess being with your soulmate is enough, I think in your hearts you found each other before I even needed to do something.” 

 

“Still, Minghao, Junhui, Mingyu and Wonwoo still need our help, Jihoon.” Jeonghan bit his lip, worried. “Minghao was in so much panic, he completely lost control over his power and Mingyu still hasn’t transformed back.” 

 

Sighing, Jihoon led them out of the castle. His smile widened as he spotted Seungcheol.

 

“Hello gorgeous.” Seungcheol wrapped his arms around Jihoon’s waist as the Slytherin flew into his arms, chuckling softly as Jihoon’s face turned red. “Minghao seems to do a bit better, Junhui is still unconscious.” 

 

Patting Hansol’s back, Jeonghan made his way over to Mingyu and Wonwoo. 

 

“How are you doing Wonnie?” Jeonghan placed his hands on the fire guardian’s face, cooling it down a bit. “I see Mingyu’s still the same.” 

 

Chan walked over to Junhui, smiling softly at Minghao.

 

“I’m not going to hurt him, hyung.” Chan noticed he was being stared at, looking up he saw it was Jihoon, sighing he cleared his throat. “I guess I’ll have to tell you now huh?” Rubbing the back of his neck, Chan started speaking. “I’m actually a healer, not like Madam Bae though, I can heal with my hands.” 

 

Jihoon frowned, he read about it in his book, but healers went extinct millions of years ago.

 

“Ho-how, they went extinct millions of years ago, they were frowned upon and killed on the spot.” Jihoon rubbed his arms. 

 

“You exist as well, right? Guardians may not be extinct but it has been what? 500 years since the last ones? And yet, you guys are here.” Chan smiled sadly. “It’s not like I asked for this. I only ever told one person before I went to Madam Bae with this.” 

 

“Soonyoung….” Seungkwan groggily said, his head rested against Hansol’s shoulder. “He would never shut up about you. Leader, do you think Soonyoung needs to be here as well?” 

 

Waving his hands around, Jihoon made trees grow around them, still letting some sunlight in.

 

“No! No more people!” Jihoon groaned. “This is all too much! The guardians are my first priority! Everything else can come later!” Jihoon shrugged Seungcheol’s hands from his shoulders, his wings ruffling. “Can you help us or not?” He looked at Chan who nodded quickly.

 

“There doesn’t seem to be any injuries on Junhui, he just passed out due to Minghao hyung’s power. As for Mingyu hyung.” Chan looked at Wonwoo. “May I?” Holding his hand above Mingyu’s head, Chan waited for Wonwoo’s approval. “Seungcheol hyung, you have telepathy right? Can you see if you can communicate with Mingyu hyung?” 

 

Wonwoo frowned, what did he need Seungcheol’s power for? His Mingyu is fine, right?

 

“Wonwoo, since this happened, have you heard Mingyu’s voice, once?” Seungcheol carefully looked at Wonwoo who looked at him in shock. “I can’t connect to him….Wonwoo.” 

 

“N-no, he’s there! I know he is! He recognized me! It’s because of him that I changed back!” Wonwoo’s tears flowed freely over his cheeks. “Jeonghan! Tell him! You saw it! Mingyu didn’t hurt me!” Wonwoo’s eyes widened as the water guardian looked away. 

 

“Wonwoo, Minghao, I need you to look at us.” Jihoon motioned at himself, Jeonghan and Seungkwan. “We found ourselves, our true selves, thanks to our soulmates.” Jihoon kneeled down onto the ground. “I need both of you to try and connect with them more, believe in them. Let your heart scream out for them.” 

 

Grasping onto their hands, Jihoon closed his eyes, the crystal shining a bright blue. 

 

“Your hearts need to be one, if needed, travel back to when you first met, your very first memories of them. Believe in each other.” Jeonghan said, looking up as Jisoo walked closer to him. “It’s how Jisoo found me, it’s how I found myself.” 

 

Minghao looked down at Junhui, carefully placing his hand on Junhui’s chest. He closed his eyes as he thought back to when he first met the Ravenclaw. 

 

4 years ago

 

“No way! You’re chinese too!?” Junhui had climbed over the table in the dining hall. “You’re the first chinese person I’ve met here!” Junhui smiled widely, holding out his hand. “I’m Moon Junhui!”  

 

Minghao had mumbled his name, shyly shaking his hand with the Ravenclaw. 

 

“You don’t like talking, do you?” Junhui laughed, slinging an arm around Minghao’s shoulder. “That’s alright!” 

 

Minghao’s face was red and his heart was beating fast as Junhui pulled him even closer, listening to him as the Ravenclaw went on and on about some chinese game.

 

2 years ago

 

Minghao watched as Junhui rejected yet another love confession. His heart squeezing in his chest. ‘How are they so brave…’

 

“There you are.” Junhui approached Minghao with a smile. “Sorry for making you wait so long.” 

 

“Why don’t you ever accept them? The confessions I mean.” Minghao played with the hem of his sweater. 

 

“There is someone, someone who’s much more important.” Junhui gently grabbed Minghao’s hand, raising it to his lips, pressing a kiss against the back of it as he winked at the younger. “Now, let's get you those ingredients, ok?” 

 

Minghao stared after the Ravenclaw in shock. ‘Did he just wink at me? Did he just ki-’ Shaking his head, Minghao quickly followed him.

 

Carefully pressing his forehead against Junhui’s, Minghao grabbed onto Junhui’s hand.

 

“I need you, Junhui. You know I can’t be without you. You’re the one keeping me sane. Don’t you dare leave me.” Letting out a shuddering breath, Minghao pressed his lips against his lovers. ‘I love you so much, Moon Junhui.’

 

A bright light blinded everyone, the crackling sound of thunder was heard above them. Once the light was gone, they opened their eyes again. 

 

“Hey beautiful.” Junhui lifted his hand, caressing Minghao’s face, smiling softly. “I heard everything, I saw everything.” 

 

Minghao slowly opened his eyes. Trembling, he quickly held onto Junhui’s hand that was caressing his face. 

 

“Y-you’re here, oh my god.” Laughing weakly, Minghao turned his head, pressing his lips against the palm of Junhui’s hand. “I’m so sorry for what I did.” 

 

“Shh, you didn’t do anything.” Junhui smiled as he pulled the younger closer. “Remind me to fawn over your appearance later.” Chuckling softly, Junhui pressed a kiss against the top of Minghao’s head.

 

Jihoon on the other hand looked over at Mingyu and Wonwoo worriedly. Taking the crystal in his hand, he walked over to them. 

 

“Wonwoo, I know this is hard. But you have to try.” Placing the crystal in Wonwoo’s hand, Jihoon smiled softly. “We’ll be right here, ok? Just take your time, Mingyu is in there, he hasn’t taken his eyes off of you for even a second.” 

 

“Maybe he’s thinking of a way to eat me….” Wonwoo tried to joke but quickly shut up at the look on Jihoon’s face. “I am trying, Jihoon. But I don’t have myself in control at all, I’m scared to touch him, I’m scared that I’ll burn him, what if he has started to hate me?” 

 

‘Jihoonie, the other guardians have passed out, do I need to bring them to the infirmary?’ Seungcheol helped Jisoo lay Jeonghan down. 

 

“Mingyu could never hate you, silly.” Jihoon cupped Wonwoo’s face, smiling softly. “He loves you more than anything, if he weren’t for you, he wouldn’t have taken this lightly. He accepted you because he loves you. Try, ok? That’s all I’m asking.” 

 

‘It’s better if we stay together, Cheol. Ask Chan if he can do something as well. I’m staying close to Wonwoo, just in case.’ Jihoon looked over his shoulder, smiling. Truth be told, he was exhausted but he needed to be strong, he needed to stay awake for Wonwoo and Mingyu. 

 

“They went through a lot, but they should be just fine.” Chan smiled softly at Hansol who had freaked out. “I’m sure Seungkwan will tell you everything once he wakes up.” Chan looked up at the sky. “Seungcheol hyung….I do think I need to tell you about Soonyoung.” 

 

“I’m listening.” Seungcheol looked at the younger Slytherin, his arms crossed as he listened to Chan.