SIX

THE MEMORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting took around one hour as they discussed about the event that will be held that weekend. Sooyeon sat quietly as she listened to the women around her. Joohyun and Sooyoung shine out the most as they both gave ideas and solution to any question asked by the members of the club.

“Sooyeon is it? What do you think? Do you have any opinion on this?” Joohyun suddenly asked and Sooyeon was a bit startled.

“Well…I think instead of giving 3 different types of toys, maybe we can swap one of the toy with toothbrush and toothpaste because from my own experience, that is one necessity that is really hard for the orphan to own.”

“You lived in one?” a woman asked.

“Yes.” Sooyeon answered.

“Who are you again?” another woman asked.

Sooyeon did not know how to answer that.

“She is Kwon Sooyeon, Kwon Yul’s wife.” Sooyoung answered and all the woman in the room gasped.

“Now, now. We are here to discuss about the event. Okay maybe we can switch one toy for toothbrush and toothpaste. Good idea.” Joohyun said and the others agreed.

Sooyeon gripped her hand. She did not know why she felt embarrassed. She took a deep breath and hoped the meeting ends soon.

//

Sooyeon exited Sooyoung’s car once they arrived at the mansion.

“Thank you for today Sooyoung-ssi.” Sooyeon said and Sooyoung replied with a smile.

“It’s on this weekend. We’ll go together yeah?” Sooyoung said as she entered the premise.

Sooyeon nodded. As Sooyoung made her way upstairs, Sooyeon went to the kitchen. Sooyeon looked around the empty kitchen as she took a water bottle from the refrigerator. She then made her way to Yul’s room. She opened the door to Yul sleeping on the bed. It was 5:30 in the evening. He must have returned early from work as usually at that time, he won’t be home yet.

Sooyeon closed the door slowly. She put the water bottle beside the small bedside drawer beside their bed. Yul was still in his work clothing. He must be tired. Sooyeon touched Yul’s knee. Yul opened his eyes. Upon seeing Sooyeon, he closed his eyes again and continued sleeping. Sooyeon let Yul be. She picked up Yul’s coat and socks on the floor and put it away.

She then proceed with taking a bath and by the time she exited the bathroom, Yul was deep in sleep. Sooyeon looked at the clock. It was already 6:30 p.m. Sooyeon touched Yul’s knee.

“Yul, wake up. It will be hard for you to sleep tonight if you are sleeping now.” Sooyeon touched Yul’s hand.

Yul did not budge. Sooyeon tried again. Yul opened his eyes.

“It’s already 6:30. Wake up.” Sooyeon said.

“Do we have any aspirin?” Yul asked instead.

He touched his head.

“Are you having a headache?” Sooyeon touched Yul’s forehead.

Yul nodded. Sooyeon looked for the ointment in the drawer and proceed to sit beside Yul. Yul moved his body and rested his head on Sooyeon’s lap. Sooyeon put some ointment on her hands and massaged Yul’s head. Yul groaned in pleasure.

“Did you skip lunch again?” Sooyeon gently massage Yul’s head with her thumb and fingers.

She then squeeze the temples and make slow and wide circular movements.

“I was in a meeting…then I had to go to another meeting.” Yul felt so calm.

They used to do this back in Jeonju. Sooyeon really knows how to massage and it had been delightful whenever she massaged him.

“How is the meeting? The orphanage?” Yul asked as he opened his eyes and looked at Sooyeon.

“It went smoothly.”

“That’s it?” Yul chuckled to Sooyeon’s short answer.

“We had a meeting a clubhouse and then I went to a store to buy things for the orphans.” Sooyeon lost her mood when she remembered about Joohyun.

Sooyeon somehow felt insecure towards Joohyun. Compared to Joohyun, Sooyeon is nothing. Joohyun was very charismatic and Sooyeon felt jealous before reminding herself that she should not feel like that.

“Are you okay?” Yul touched Sooyeon’s cheek.

Sooyeon looked at Yul. She touched his hand.

“I met Joohyun earlier.”

Yul took a deep breath. “What did she say to you?”

“She didn’t say anything…it’s just a bit awkward to see her…”

Yul laughed. He kissed Sooyeon’s lap and looked at Sooyeon.

“One question Sooyeon, how did you know about Joohyun?”

“The tabloids.” Sooyeon answered sheepishly.

Yul broke out in a laughter. He felt his headache gone. Sooyeon’s act is too funny for him.

“Sooyeon-ah…hahaha.” Yul laughed non-stop, rolling on the bed.

Sooyeon covered her face in embarrassment. She felt blood rushing to her face as Yul laughed at her. Yul stopped laughing as he neared Sooyeon again and pulled her hands away from her face gently.

“Are you jealous, Sooyeon?” Yul asked softly.

Sooyeon did not answer. She looked down on her lap instead. Yul touched her chin and coaxed her face up so she looked at him in the eyes.

“Of everything you felt when you met Joohyun, you should not have feel it in the first place. She is nothing compared to you. She might be this and that but you are much more than everything she is.” Yul praised Sooyeon and Sooyeon hugged her husband immediately.

Yul hugged Sooyeon too. “Were you intimidated when you met her? Did she say anything to you?”

“How did you know what I felt when I saw her?” Sooyeon pulled away from Yul.

Yul took Sooyeon’s hands and kissed it gently.

“I think…we had this kind of conversation before…was it when I met someone before we got married? What was her name…um….” Yul tried to remember a name.

“Jiyeon.” Sooyeon uttered and Yul laughed a bit.

“You still remember Jiyeon and I still remember how jealous you were when she said she was interested in me.”

Back then, before they were married, Yul met a woman named Jiyeon. Jiyeon was a customer from the workshop where Yul worked. Jiyeon was very bold in her actions. She told Yul how much she was in love with him and wanted to date him but at that time, Yul was already living with Sooyeon. Jiyeon who was an accountant at one of the bank at the town, met Sooyeon and asked Sooyeon to break up with Yul.

“She asked me to break up with you and she sounded like I was the one who was interfering in her relationship with you…”

“And you were flustered and nervous and was unsure on what to do when all you could say to her is to get lost.”

“How could I say that to a sophisticated woman like her…?”

“A sophisticated woman won’t go attack someone else girlfriend, what else go to their home and demanded something like that. She’s a crazy woman, that’s for sure.” Yul chuckled again.

“Well…she is brave. She knows what she want and she did everything that she could. She is prettier. She has a career, educated, and-“

“But she is nothing compared to you.” Yul put his forefinger on Sooyeon’s lips, stopping her from saying another word.

“A thousand Jiyeon can come and disturb me but I won’t bet an eye for her and that goes the same to Joohyun. In my eyes, you are everything, Sooyeon. You are more than that. I look at you as my wife, my life, and my future. I don’t want any of this if you are not here with me.” Yul cupped Sooyeon’s face and kissed her forehead.

Sooyeon who was touched by Yul’s word, stagnated. Yul smiled when she saw Sooyeon’s stagnating eyes. He kissed Sooyeon’s eyes and down to her nose before kissing her lips. Sooyeon replied to the kiss before she moved her hands to Yul’s shirt, ing it one by one. Yul pulled away from the kiss to look at Sooyeon before kissing her jaw and trailed the kiss to her neck.

Sooyeon pushed the shirt away as Yul softly pushed her to lay down on the bed. Sooyeon cupped Yul’s face when the man stared at her.

“I love you Sooyeon. I love you.” Yul spoke gently before sinking his face to Sooyeon’s neck again.

//

Sooyoung was walking from her room to downstairs, stopped her pace when he heard Yul’s big laughter. How her heart felt annoyed thinking of what might be happening in the room. As she was friend with Joohyun, Sooyoung felt very sorry for Joohyun. Sooyoung witnessed how much Joohyun was hurt by the break up and she told Joohyun, she would do anything to help Joohyun get Yul back from the wretch woman Sooyeon.

//

It was a busy Thursday for Yul. He was revising a contract that was asked by Cheol. Yul read the contract carefully as it was between Kwon Corporation and a company from the states.

“Sir, Ms. Bae is here.” Yul heard from his intercom.

“Send her in.” Yul looked at door and Joohyun entered with a smile.

“Morning.” Yul stood and greeted Joohyun.

“Morning.” Joohyun sat in front of Yul.

“So, this is the revised version of the contract that you have asked for.” Joohyun placed the contract on Yul’s table.

Her eyes caught Yul and Sooyeon’s pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter