THREE

THE MEMORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later…

Yul shook hands with the guests. Everyone was enjoying the wedding. The food, the wine, and the performance were all top notch. Yul looked at his brother. Kwon Cheol looked so happy. Yul was happy to see the radiant smile his brother had.

“Hyung, don’t smile too much. You will hurt your jaw later.” Yul whispered and Cheol elbowed his younger brother.

“Everything went well. I am happy Yul. Thank you for your help.”

“I did nothing-“

“Yeah he didn’t do anything oppa! I did.” Kwon Eun said and the three siblings laughed before the new family member, Cheol’s wife appeared.

“Welcome to the family, noona.” Yul said and Sooyoung thanked Yul before asking the photographer to take a picture of them all together.

Yul exited the banquet to have some time to himself. He overlooked the view from the tall building. Seoul looked so beautiful tonight. Yul heaved a sigh. He spent 3 years looking for Tiffany but to no avail. He went here and there but it was like Tiffany disappeared.

“Alone?” a woman’s voice greeted Yul.

Yul turned around to see Joohyun.

“It’s cold out here, Joohyun.” Yul took off his coat and gave it to the woman.

“Are you still thinking of Tiffany?” Joohyun stood beside Yul and looked at the man.

“Am I in trouble if I say yes?” Yul joked as he turned to his girlfriend.

“Well…you might be but you better be honest.” Joohyun linked her arm with Yul’s.

“I think about it occasionally but I am not as eager as before. Sometimes I think it is better this way. Maybe there’s nothing to know behind the break up and besides, I got you now.” Yul smiled and kissed Joohyun on the cheek.

Joohyun smiled too and leaned to the man’s body. They spent some time enjoying the view before heading back into the hall.

//

Sooyeon locked her locker and walked out from the room. She waved goodbye to her friends that were starting their shift that morning whereas she just ended her night shift just now. It was 7 in the morning. Sooyeon walked slowly toward the entrance of the factory. It has been 2 years since she started working in this glove factory. The pay was low but it was everything that she could do. She didn’t have any qualifications and her freelance job could not support her daily expanses. So she decided to move out from Jeonju and went to Incheon where the factory was.

The factory provided dormitory too, so it was more than convenient for her. After the divorce, Sooyeon moved out from the cottage and rented a room at Jeonju town but she couldn’t keep up with the payment. She started working at a restaurant but the payment was really low. She worked here and there randomly before deciding to go to Incheon.

All of sudden, Sooyen felt a sharp pain in her left ear. She scrunched her eyes and pressed her left ear. The pain turned into a high pitch ringing sound. Sooyeon took a deep breath. This has happened a few times. She doesn’t know why and intended to go to the doctor but has no time to do so. Sooyeon waited until the pain disappeared before she opened her eyes again. She took a deep breath and walked out the locker room.

Sooyeon walked home. On her way, she stopped at a drug store. Sooyeon bought an antibacterial ear drop. She hoped it can mend the pain. She touched her ear again and sighed. Once she paid for the ear drop, she walked home to the dormitory. Sooyeon watched a couple walking in front of her and felt lonely inside. It was already 4 years since her divorce. Sooyeon has never seen Yul since the divorce. She only read about him occasionally, in newspaper. Sooyeon was heartbroken after the divorce. Things fall hard for her. Everything was broken and the only way to ease it is to move away from Jeonju and so she did.

//

Yul shook hand with the Top Glove CEO as they signed the deal of the year. Kwon Pharmaceutical just bought 48% shares in Top Glove and become the biggest shareholder in the company. It was expected the usage of latex glove will rise in usage and Kwon Pharmaceutical wanted a share in it. The flashes of camera was still continuing as the two CEO walked to the entrance of the building for a site-visit. Yul listened attentively to the CEO’s explanation about the production and such.

“So here is where the glove will examined by the staff. They will looked at it one by one to determine the quality.” The CEO said and Yul nodded as he watched the staffs examining the gloves.

Once the site visit ended, Yul was shown the way to the factory cafeteria so he could greet the other workers as a symbol of motivation. Yul requested to do so and the other CEO complied.

“As you all know today, Top Glove will be known as Kwon Glove. So let’s strive for the better future together.” Yul announced to the workers and they all clapped their hand in agreement.

Sooyeon who was standing at the back of the line, held in her tears. After 4 years since their divorce, she did not expect to see Yul again, what else as the new CEO of the factory.

“He’s handsome, right?” A woman whispered to Sooyeon and Sooyeon nodded.

“I heard his girlfriend is the famous lawyer Bae Joohyun. The one who appeared on tv a lot.” Another woman said.

“Really? The beautiful lawyer? The one who came out on the ‘8pm news’?” another one asked.

“Yes.” A man answered.

Sooyeon kept quiet as she listened to the gossips the people around her talked about. A sense of realization slipped into Sooyeon’s mind. Yul is a chaebol whereas she is a mere orphan. Their life are different. Sooyeon stayed in dormitory while Yul stayed at a mansion. Sooyeon walked to work, Yul drove an international car. Sooyeon did not finished her college, Yul graduated from Harvard. Sooyeon laughed to herself mentally.

Meeting Yul was a pure coincidence. There is no way Yul would ever look at her if it wasn’t for the incident that happened between Tiffany and Sir Kwon. Yul won’t even be in Jeonju in the first place. He wouldn’t work as a mechanic. He would not stay at the shabby cottage and grow vegetables for food.

“It must be nice to be born as a chaebol.” A man said and the other agreed as they watched Yul walked away from the cafeteria.

//

The Kwon family was featured in the newspaper as an influential family in South Korea. The business expansion they achieved was extraordinary. Sooyeon read the newspaper and put it away. She looked at the biscuit box the factory distributed to the workers as a gift from the CEO. It has been a year and a half since Yul took over the factory. The amenities provided for the workers were better. In a way, Sooyeon could see that Yul was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter