ONE

THE MEMORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyeon looked at Yul who was talking to a doctor. He looked so different from that hairstyle and the clothing he wore. Sooyeon never saw Yul wore suits like that except on their wedding day which they rented from a cheap bridal shop. It was back in 2018 when they first met each other. It was love at first sight. Yul was brave to tell Sooyeon how he felt about her and so they got married 6 months after dating each other. They got married and stayed in a small cottage they bought outside of the town. Sooyeon was a freelancer while Yul worked at a workshop as a mechanic. Their life was simple. They never have a financial problem. They rarely argue. They love each other.

“Morning Sooyeon. How are you feeling right now?” Dr. Tan asked as she checked Sooyeon’s report.

It has been a week since Sooyeon woke up from her coma.

“I feel fine.”

“No more headache?”

“Nope,” Sooyeon answered as she looked at Yul who was looking at her too.

“Alright, I think you can go home today. I will tell the nurse to write a discharge note for you.”

“Thank you, Dr. Tan.” Yul and Sooyeon said at the same time.

Dr. Tan nodded and left. The two adults looked at each other again.

“So…can we talk?” Yul said and Sooyeon nodded.

“I supposed you know about my family?”

Sooyeon bit her tongue as she thought of what she should say.

“Just some general stuff...we rarely talk about your family.”

 Yul sat on the chair beside Sooyeon’s bed. Sooyeon looked down to her lap. Yul pushed his hair to the back and heaved a sigh.

“I don’t know whether you know about this or not but I am from Seoul. My father is the chairperson of Kwon Pharmaceutical.” Yul showed the back of the medicine Sooyeon took earlier.

‘Kwon Pharmaceutical’

“I am the second son out of 3 siblings. From what I remember…I was still engaged to Tiffany. We have been together since ever. I can’t figure out why I am married to you nor the reason why I was even in Jeonju. I can’t remember anything. Was there any guilt-related issue between us?” Yul sounded mean and it affected Sooyeon a little but she chose to ignore it.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well...” Yul eyed Sooyeon’s physique.

Sooyeon looked at her body. It’s true. She is on the heavier side but that was not a problem to Yul.

“But no matter. I am sure you looked different when we got married.” Yul stood and thanked a nurse as the nurse handed him a note.

Sooyeon did not know how to retaliate.

“I have paid for everything. Just get ready. I will wait outside.” Yul didn’t wait for Sooyeon’s reply and exited the room.

Sooyeon looked at her body again before changing her clothing.

//

Sooyeon thanked the nurses and doctors as she followed Yul to the hospital’s parking lot. Yul who was talking to his phone pointed at a Lexus to Sooyeon. Sooyeon was surprised.

“You can fit in, right? I should have known to drive the Mercedes instead.” Yul uttered as he entered the car.

Sooyeon ignored the remark and opened the car door. She hugged her bag and closed the door.

“Where should we go? To the house? Do you need to get anything?” Yul asked as he started driving.

“The cottage is near the Recreational Forest. If you are planning to have dinner, we might have to stop at a grocery store. I can cook japchae for you.”

“Japchae? I don’t think I enjoy japchae that much to have it for dinner.”

“You love Japchae. You use to have it once a week.” Sooyeon replied.

“Maybe not anymore,” Yul replied coldly.

“Ahh…of course. What do you prefer to have for dinner then?” Sooyeon looked at Yul.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter