Chap 7

Crimson Apple

The next day when Stray Kids walked through the halls of the schools, students stopped to stare at them, some in admiration, some in fear and some in disgust. The Wangyun students stopped to bow at them in respect and admiration, others held a thumbs up and fangirls even offered the boys sweets.

“Um excuse me Somin,” a Seoul Central student stopped the group from walking in the middle of the hallway. “I-I,” the male stuttered, “I would like it if you would go out with me, please accept this,” he held out a love letter he had written for her along with a small bouquet of flowers. The students around them stopped in shock that the male would confess to her like that in public.

Felix cleared his throat, “How cute,” his voice was deep as he faked a sweet voice. He took the bouquet of flowers and letter from the male even as the male protested as it was meant for Somin. Felix threw the flowers onto the ground, stepping on them before tearing the letter in pieces. “Don’t you think it’s rude to confess to a girl right in front of her boyfriend?” he took a step in between Somin and the male, towering over him. Felix leaned his head down so that he was eye level to the male, “Do you want a beating?” he threatened, his red hair making him seem even more intimidating. The male whimpered before turning around and running down the hall. Felix stood back up and turned to Somin, interlocking their hands and holding them up so that everyone could see, “If anyone else wants to confess to her, you have to go through me, her boyfriend,” he threatened. Male students that were watching gulped in fear.

“Tch,” the small black-haired male had looked up from his phone to watch the commotion.

“Wah that was so cool,” Seungmin smiled and held up a thumbs up to Felix. Stray Kids, all besides Jiyun, were seated outside on the steps overlooking the soccer field as they were having lunch. Much to the teacher’s dismay of bringing the cafeteria trays outside, Stray Kids didn’t care and pushed past the teachers saying that they would bring back the trays.

“I didn’t know you could get jealous, awe you’re so cute,” Somin pinched her boyfriend’s cheeks.

Jeongin lowered his voice, “If anyone else wants to confess to her, you have to go through me, her boyfriend,” he recited.

“Stop,” Felix looked up at Jeongin, threatening him by throwing a cherry tomato in his direction to which the male dodged and simply laughed.

The familiar pink haired girl peaked through the window of the classroom, making sure that the teacher wasn’t there before sliding the window open, “Psst Chan, Minho, Somin!” she called. The trio looked up from their desks to see the girl motioning them to come closer to the window. Minho was the first to get to her. Jooe lifted a small black bag up through the window, “Just a small delivery,” she smiled, “The other students in detention wanted to thank you guys for the performance,” she whispered.

Minho opened the back, taking some of its contents out, bags of chips and juice boxes, “Thank you,” he waved at the girl. “Somin, Chan,” he called out to the other two in the room, catching their attention and throwing them each a bag of chips and juice.

Somin sat on the top of her desk, “How much longer do we have until detention ends?” she sighed, opening the bag of chips and munching on one.

Chan looked down at his watch before turning to the girl, “Just another hour.”

“Will we be able to have practice still?” Minho asked the leader, outside the sun had begun to set, turning the sky into a mix of pink and orange with a hint of blue and purple.

Chan sighed, taking a sip of his juice, “Probably not today unless you guys would be fine with staying out late.”

“I don’t mind, do you Somin?” Minho asked.

The girl shook her head as she munched on another chip, “What’s for dinner tonight?” she grinned at the leader. Usually, whenever Stray Kids had practice late they would order takeout and all eat dinner together.

“How does chicken sound?”

“Perfect!” the girl grinned at him.

The sun had fully set and nearly all the teachers had left, only a few stayed to finish grading papers. The only other people that were still at school were Stray Kids who just finished serving their detention, the few students who chose to stay at school late to study and the security guards on patrol, or so there was supposed to be. Half of the members had left the school ahead of the other members eager to begin practice. Somin and Felix were in the hallway at Somin’s locker as she packed her backpack. The two turned to make their way out of the school once the girl finished.

“What’s going on out there?” Somin asked, looking out of the window. On the next roof, students were wearing glow sticks dancing around each other, a student, in particular, was djing and the music blasted from the speakers they had set up. In the middle of it all was two students fighting in a makeshift ring, one obviously losing and just being pushed around by the other meanwhile another student held out their phone recording the whole fight, smiling as he did. A student rang a bell twice to stop the fight.

“And the victor is Han Suho!” he held up an arm of the said victor. “For our next fight!” he screamed, “We’ve all been waiting for it! Huang Renjun against Kim Chen!” students cheered as the two made their way to the center.

Seeing that it was the same blonde haired male with purple tips and the male he shoved against the lockers earlier the week Somin turned to find a way to the next roof, “We should go stop it,” she spoke as soon as she saw the male she had helped earlier that week, but Felix caught her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

“Come one we need to get to practice.”

She turned back to him, “What? But Felix he’s about to get beaten up, we can’t just stand here and do nothing, we should at least report this to the teachers.”

“No Somin, it’s none of our business, we shouldn’t meddle in it, we’re just here to go to school remember?”

“What’s wrong with you?” she took a step closer to him so that she could see him a bit clearer, the moonlight and lights from outside illuminating his features.

“Nothing’s wrong with me Somin.”

She sighed and looked outside once more before looking back at him, “Fine, we won’t do anything and just let him get beat up.” Although the girl was against leaving the male there to get beaten up, the two left the campus and made their way to their usual practice room together.