Chap 3

Crimson Apple

“What a great way to start homeroom Somin,” Chan clapped his hands together, his figure looming over her desk.

She rolled her eyes, “I warned her didn’t I?”

“You should’ve gone for ,” Minho smirked, “It would’ve shut her right up.”

“Are we getting lunch or what?” the classroom window from the hallway slid open and the red-haired boy popped his head in.

“Felix!” Somin jumped up from her seat and ran out the door to him.

He laughed, taking her hand into his, “You act like you haven’t seen me all day.” The boys followed behind the couple through the hallway. As they walked through the halls to the cafeteria, students stared and whispered to each other about them. The group continued to walk to the cafeteria, uninterested in what others had to say about them. Together the group sat at a table at the far end of the cafeteria, taking the whole table to themselves, they talked amongst each other as they ate.

“Excuse me you’re in my seat,” the girl from earlier scoffed at Somin, standing directly behind the girl with a tray of food in her hand. Somin and the guys continued to eat, ignoring the girl.

“Hey, she’s talking to you,” the girl’s friend who stood next to her grabbed onto Somin’s hair and yanked it causing her head to tilt back.

Somin gritted her teeth and stood from her seat, the chair scraping against the tiled floors as she did. Slowly she turned around to face the three girls that were staring at her. The whole cafeteria had turned quiet to watch the commotion, the students were unsure of what Somin’s and the girl’s next actions were going to be or who would win. It was already settled that the girls already had power in the school, but they were unsure of what threat Somin posed. The boys looked up at Somin who was now out of her seat but made no movement to help whatsoever, knowing that it was a fight between girls.

Somin looked at the girls, “Oh I’m sorry was I sitting in your seat?” she asked, batting her eyelashes.

“Yea, so move,” the girl in the middle, the leader, spoke.

“Or you could find another seat,” Somin took a step towards the girl, which led her to take a step back. Glancing down at her name tag Somin read her, “Heo Hana, you should find another seat,” she advised her, taking a step closer, making Hana take a step back.

“Or what?” the girl challenged.

“Or else.”

Hana smirked and shoved her tray of food onto Somin, “You don’t scare me.” The tray of food clattered to the floor and the whole cafeteria froze.

Somin looked down at her not soiled uniform, a smile tugging at her lips, almost causing her to laugh.

“Are you crazy?” Hana instigated, “You must be a sociopath,” she raised her hand to slap Somin when a hand caught it midair just as Felix got out of his seat and pulled Somin behind him.

“What are you doing?” a cold voice asked, it's owner a boy with grey-blue hair who wore his uniform ed revealing the white t-shirt he wore underneath.

“Jaemin,” Hana’s breath hitched.

“You’re embarrassing our school,” he growled, his grip on her wrist tightening.

Hana yelped, “I’m I’m sorry I didn’t mean to,” she stuttered.

He let go over her hand and took off his blazer, holding it out to Somin who stood behind Felix, “Take it.”

Felix held out his arm preventing Somin from taking it, “She won’t need it,” he said. The two of them shared a menacing glare at each other.

“It’s up to her to decide,” Jaemin snarled at him.

“And I said she won’t need it,” Felix retorted.

“You’ll pay for this,” Somin glared at Hana before marching out of the cafeteria. Felix sent a glare at Jaemin once more before following behind her.

Somin made her way to the nearest bathroom to wipe off as much of the food that had spilled on her uniform as possible, meanwhile, Felix stood outside of the bathrooms, leaning against the wall.

Sighing Somin gave up trying to clean her uniform as the red stains weren’t coming off her white shirt and exited the bathroom.

“Everything okay?” Felix asked her once she exited.

She shook her head, “Let’s just go back to the class.” Locking their hands together, the two walked the halls.

“You want to speak like that to me again? Huh?” down the hall a male with bleached blonde hair and purple tips had another male’s collar in his hands, forcing the male to look up at him. The male’s back was pushed against the lockers behind him and he frantically looked around for help. The circle of people around him made no movements to help him but instead stood there to watch.

The blonde hair male smirked, “What? Cat got your tongue now?” he dragged the male up the locker so that they were eye level, “Friday should be fun don’t you think?” he his lips. “Don’t even think about not showing, otherwise you can kiss your future goodbye,” he let go of the male and marched down the hall, the circle of students making a pathway for him.

Walking past Felix and Somin he pushed past the two, not bothering to stop to apologize.

Somin scoffed, “People at this school sure are rude,” she muttered to Felix looking at the figure that was becoming more distant.

The band exited the school doors together after the last bell had rung. Students were walking past them in a hurry to go home or to attend their cram school.

“Watch where you’re going,” a Seoul Central student shoved past two Wangyun students.

The two students stopped in their tracks, “Hey!” one of them shouted, “Are you not going to apologize?”

The male that had pushed past them turned back, “Do I need to? You were in the way.”

“Don’t you see the space? You could’ve walked around us,” the Wangyun student spoke back to him.

“Why would I do that? I would step on you if I could,” the Seoul Central student scoffed at him.

The stares between the three students became intense and the air around them was stiff, students walking out could feel the fight that was about to break out.

“Another fight already?” Jeongin gripped his backpack that was slung over one shoulder as the band continued walking.

“How many does that make it?” Changbin asked.

Jeongin held out a hand lifting his fingers as he counted, “Seven,” he whistled.

“Just today?” Changbin asked the male.

Jeongin nodded.

Upon hearing the news of the Wangyun students that were coming, the students of Seoul Central were not happy and all came to an agreement that they would make the Wangyun student’s lives a living hell and assert dominance, showing just who is it that runs the school.

The three students that they were watching were hand in hand fighting, throwing punches at one another. The students around them had pulled out their phones and were recording and taking pictures of the fight, some even cheering.

“Is no one going to stop it?” Somin’s eyes trailed over to the teachers who stood at the gate that could clearly see the fight happening but made no advancement to stop it.

Seungmin took off his headphones to hear the others better, “Not surprised if they didn’t, those rich kids have the teachers wrapped around their fingers. They’ll only stop it if it was a Wangyun student who started the fight, the Seoul Central students will get away with it without a single punishment.”

“Guess there’s nothing we can do then,” Somin shrugged.

The group continued to make their way down the steps and past the group of students fighting.

Across the yard, NCT Dream stood around their motorbikes getting ready to leave, watching the fight break out, but not bothering to stop it.

As Stray Kids continued to walk to the front gates, three pairs of eyes followed them.

“What’s so interesting?” Haechan followed their eyes to the group that was leaving.

“Nothing,” Jaemin hopped onto his motorbike and revved the engine.

“I have to pick up Sohun from school, but I’ll come to the practice room right after,” Somin pecked Felix on the cheek and waved at the boys before going off in the opposite direction.

When she got to her younger brother’s school he was already standing outside with his teacher, once he saw his older sister he happily waved and ran over to her.

“Did you have a good day at school?” she squatted down so that she was eye level with him.

He nodded and held out a lollipop, “My teacher gave me this for being a good boy, I saved it for you.”

Somin took the lollipop for his hand, “Did you? What a good boy,” she ruffled his hair, “Ready to go?” she asked.

He nodded and the two held hands as they walked out the schoolyard. Just outside, the low engine of a motorbike rumbled.