Chap 1

Crimson Apple

“Somin,” the red hair haired male waved the girl over. Under the red lights, she traveled across the small club and to the stage.

“Are you ready?” she smiled at him.

He adjusted the mic stand in front of him before bending down and pecking her on the cheek, “Why are you asking like you’re not performing with us?”

She took a step onto the stage and pulled him into a hug, “Sorry bad habit,” she looked up at him to see him smiling down at her.

“Enough,” the oldest member stepped onto the stage and took his seat behind the drumset, “We’re about to start.”

Much to the girl’s dismay the red-haired male let go of her and went to grab his guitar, pulling the strap over his head.

“I’m so sorry I’m late!” a frail girl rushed to the stage.

“Jiyun, what did I say last time you were late?” the drummer that was also the leader scoffed.

“I’m sorry Chan it won’t happen again!” the girl climbed onto the stage.

“It’s not like we need a backup vocal anyway,” the bassist sneered, “We just need a lead vocal, that’s what Somin’s here for.”

“Hey, things happen,” Somin defended the girl, “Are you okay?” she asked her.

The girl merely nodded and took her place next to the girl.

One by one the members of the band took their place on stage as the club began to fill up.

“Hi everyone! We’re Stray Kids please enjoy our performance!” Somin introduced the band to the audience.

“Three two one!” the drummer counted off and began the band.

The crowd cheered as the band played their last song of the night. It was past midnight that they had finished.

“Somin,” Chan motioned two fingers for her to come over, “Here’s your cut, good job tonight,” he held out an envelope for her to take.

“Thanks,” she placed the envelope into her pocket.

“How are things at home?” he asked his eyes locked onto hers before looking away.

She looked at him before looking over to the male with red hair talking to Jiyun, “Same old same old, but having him and you guys really help,” she smiled.

“That’s good if you need anything I’m here okay?” he patted her shoulder, “I’ll see you at school.”

The girl bid goodbye to everyone before making her way home.

“Stay safe okay?” the red hair male planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Bye Felix, love you,” she hugged him one last time before she left.

Quietly entering her home she made her way to her room. Her father passed out on the couch in the living room, a bottle of soju in his hand as empty ones littered the floor around him, the television still on playing commercials.

“Somin?” her younger brother, Sohun, got up from her makeshift bed, a comforter on the ground with two head pillows, and ran over to her, latching himself onto her legs.

“Shhh,” she put a finger up to her lips, squatting down to inspect him. A new bruise had formed on his face, a tinge of purple had formed. The girl frowned at the sight, “Are you okay?” she asked.

The eight year old boy shook his head, “Dad got mad again.”

“It’s okay,” she pulled him into a hug, “One day we’ll leave alright? Here,” she pulled away from him and opened the plastic black bag she had brought, “I bought you some milk,” she pulled out a carton of chocolate milk, the boy’s favorite and handed it to him. “Drink it now, before you go back to sleep okay?”

The boy took it from her and smiled, “Thank you.”

She lulled the boy asleep before getting ready to sleep herself.