Swimming lessons

MiTzu Book Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

NOTE: I am not a professional swimmer or instructor, so my knowledge may not be accurate. Therefore, no arguments or things should be pointed out. Thank you. :3

______________

 

"Minari," Nayeon sulked to herself, clad in red bikini; her reflection imitating the same sullen expression scrawled on her face. "Can we just not do this?"

 

All she received was a very forceful and intimidating, "Don't give me that, you brat" as she brought her right hand up over her eyes, shielding herself from the blistering sun that seemed to be keen in being just a tad bit hotter than usual. The summer heat really was unbearable, but as she looked around, the others seemed to have no qualms with the heat.

 

"Cannon ball!"

 

Nayeon heard from not too far off, and as she looked towards the left side, she found herself victim to a small wave of water that splashes her from head-to-toe, hearing a whistle sound a second later.

 

"No cannon balls on the three feet side of the pool!" She heard the lifeguard call out, and on that cue, a medium-sized blue blur appeared under the pool surface, making its way towards Nayeon, who stood directly at the 5-feet point of the pool. Dahyun's head popped out a second later, a grin sprawled out on her lips as the female spit some pool water.

 

"Hey, Nay, you're not gonna get in?" Dahyun grinned widely, soon getting into backwards prone position, water inflating her bikini. "The water's great, you know."

 

"No, thanks." Nayeon murmured, more to herself. "I don't really feel like swimming today.

 

"Right, that's the reason." From behind her, Momo gave a haughty smirk as she walked towards Nayeon and towered over the brunet. "I bet that you're just scared, aren't you?"

 

Nayeon clenched her fists. "I'm not scared of anything."

 

"'Course you are," Momo taunted. "You're scared of the deep, deep, deep water."

 

"Why would Nayeon unnie be scared of water?" Tzuyu came in from the side—really, Nayeon didn't know why they were coming in at this point—clad in a bikini, with stuffed with a piece of bread, her voice muffled. "Unless," Her eyes then widened as she stared from Nayeon to Momo and back before pointing accusingly at Nayeon. "You don't know how to swim!"

 

Though her words were barely audible, the accusation was hit spot-on as Nayeon reddened slightly, the tip of her ears effectively turning pink as well, making her look more sun-burned than anyone at the pool. Tzuyu's words indeed caused a round of laughter from both Momo and Dahyun, to which Nayeon pointed a glare towards. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung swam towards the group with Sana in tow, both having come from the 12-feet end, the deepest depth of the public swimming pool.

 

"Then, do it." Momo smirked—and few could only guess that she might have been trying to look cool in front of Sana—while she pointed towards the water. "Go right ahead and jump in."

 

Nayeon snarled as she glanced the water from underneath her, the same scowling expression reflected. The water didn't look too bad, she thought; it was rather pretty and beautiful that it seemed unbelievable that she should even be afraid of swimming in it.

 

It'd be just like taking a bath. Nayeon decided to herself as she took a deep breath and jumped forward.

 

Yeah, that's it.

 

She coughed harshly as she slumped over the ground, the cement flooring feeling cool but a little hot to her touch. Her lungs were burning from being attacked and flooded with the chlorine-infested pool water. The last thing she could remember was taking Momo's challenge of jumping into the pool and that was it, because She was still busy gagging from her lungs being attacked by that she barely noticed the shadow of a woman looming over her. However, the rounding kick to the right of her abdomen she received not a minute later forced her to tumble over on her back, the sun beating down on her next.

 

"What the—" Nayeon winced, as she tried to peer her eyes open. Beads of water from her hair dripped onto her forehead, lightly making her flinch as she looked over to her side. "Sheesh, Mina ah! What was that for?!"

 

The woman kneeled beside her, her sunken eyes looking more darkened with her back against the sun. She reached out her hand towards Nayeon's head and—

 

SMACK!

 

Nayeon yelped, rubbing at her forehead over the spot where Mina had smacked her. She shot the woman a glare, teeth bared with a scowl. "Quit hitting me!"

 

"I hit idiots who don't know how to swim."

 

Mina stared her down, expression speaking more volumes than her words.

 

Despite her scowl, Nayeon flushed back in embarrassment. She tried not to put her attention on the gorgeous woman , clad in mint green bikini, looming over her or even realize that her member was dripping wet in a way that shouldn't even be the least bit enthralling to her.

 

"I was going trying to teach myself how to swim." Nayeon muttered, diverting her eyes away from the woman, who had fully stood up and away from her by this time.

 

"By drowning."

 

"Yes, by drowning first."

 

Even with her indifferent expression, Nayeon could tell that Mina wasn't the least bit amused.

 

In fact, Mina said not another word before she grabbed Nayeon by the arm and began to drag her towards the 3-feet end of the pool. Struggling to follow Mina in tow, Nayeon could see the others—Sana,Chaeyoung, and such—on the other opposite side of the rectangular pool, swimming happily along and having fun without her. It bummed her down a little that she couldn't join in with them, but that realization alone forced her to remember why exactly Mina was dragging her along in the first place.

 

"Alright, get in the water."

 

Before Nayeon knew it, she found herself kicked into the pool, the surface of the water slapping her right in the face. She heard the sharp blast of a whistle not too far off and a distant yell of 'No kicking or shoving people into the pool!' but she knew that Mina wouldn't give a damn about that. The water got into before long and she gurgled at the in-stream and loss of air that she hurriedly tried to resurface back, momentarily forgetting to stretch her legs out and push herself up.

 

Nayeon gasped as she spit out the water from , flailing her arms around with her eyes shut. "H-Hey, Minari! Help!"

 

"You're an even bigger idiot than I thought, Nayeon. Just stand up, Stupid."

 

Duh. Nayeon wanted to smack at herself as she moved her feet down to the pool floor, feeling the tiles under the soles of her feet. Now calm, she looked up and was expectedly met with the sight of a glare before her, so much irritation and annoyance held in the eyes of her member.

 

"You're not supposed to kick people into the water like that, Myoui." nayeon scowled between gritted teeth as she challenged the other with a glare of her own. However, that glare couldn't even hold a candle against the stare-down that Mina held towards her, the woman's expression once again louder than words.

 

"Well, idiots should know that they're taller than 3-feet." Mina crossed her arms, looking as unimpressed as ever.

 

"Why do you have to be the one teaching me how to swim?" Nayeon mumbled to herself as she huffed and glared at the water. Though, she was glad Mina didn't hear it, as the woman always had a weird knack for catching the things that wasn't supposed to be heard.

 

However, her assumption proved wrong when Nayeon felt herself pulled up by her arms above the water for a moment and thrown back in just a little farther than the pool's edge.

 

Along with the distinct "No throwing people into the pool!" that she heard—by this time, Nayeon was sure that Mina was certainly one of those people that deserved those pool time-outs—she could hear the faint sound of Mina clicking her teeth and the woman's next words.

 

"Apparently, I'm in charge of handling the special cases."

 

"Float."

 

"Why?"

 

"Do you know how to float?" Mina said, with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

 

"Kinda." Nayeon ducked her head down a bit, avoiding the other's eyes.

 

"Then float."

 

Hearing the warning in the woman's voice, Nayeon gritted her teeth together as she looked behind her, reminding herself that she was in 3-feet area so she could surely catch herself—and if she didn't, then there was the lifeguard, since she was sure that Mina would ignore he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter