Chapter 2

Forbidden Love

Pretty short chapter update. Not much going on in this chapter. 

 

After setting up the equipment that Yoohyeon and Yubin would be using, Siyeon and Handong sat down in front of the two. Yubin would be going up first, so she sat down on the stool and took her drumsticks getting ready for her little solo.

Soon Yubin started. She started off with a couple simple beats, nothing major. Even though it was simple, Siyeon could tell that Yubin had good rhythm, and had a good sound. As, Yubin went on, her little solo was getting more complicated and faster. Siyeon knew that Yubin was showing them that she was able to keep tempo. It was much faster than what she started off with, but it was meant to be on purpose. Keeping good tempo and rhythm was very important for drummers, they are the ones setting the speed for the song and if they messed up, it could make the whole song crash and burn. Yet, Yubin was keeping it steady.

Yubin’s rolls and diddles were impressive to Siyeon, not many people cared for technique, yet Yubin here was focusing on exactly that. Soon, Yubin’s solo came to an end. Yoohyeon was the first to give a response. She ran over to the shorter girl, wrapping her into an embrace, exclaiming how proud she was and how much she’s grown. This made Yubin blush and awkwardly let Yoohyeon continue.

Siyeon and Handong didn’t give a reaction, both showing no expression on their face. Even though they were clearly impressed by Yubin, they didn’t show it at all. It was a thing that Minji and Bora did to them when they first joined, mostly doing it to intimidate them. Now, Siyeon and Handong were doing it to the newcomers. They both looked at each other and quietly discussed their thoughts to each other. Seeing no reaction from the older girls made Yubin and Yoohyeon a bit nervous, wondering what the girls were discussing.

“Yoohyeon, you are next, so please start whenever you are ready.” Siyeon spoke up, her voice carrying out no emotion. Her eyes glaring at Yoohyeon, making her appear intimidating to the anxious 1st year. All Yoohyeon could do was nod in response, and take her bass, putting the strap over her head. Yoohyeon cleared , she warmed up her voice before, but her nervousness was making it close up. She tried to ignore the older girls’ stares and just focus on the music. She closed her eyes and mentally heard the notes in her head. She opened her eyes and started playing.

She started a little rough but soon gained the confidence and it went a little smoother. Yoohyeon reminded herself to stay focused and continue her playing just like how she practiced it every day. She focused on her plucking, making sure it sounded clear and precise and not like a garbled mess. She had a tendency to not press her fingers hard enough when she would play at a quicker tempo, so she tried to avoid that. She wasn’t really worried about singing, she was very comfortable, and it was second nature to her at this point. At least her nervousness wouldn’t affect that aspect of her little audition.

Quickly, her song came to an end. Yoohyeon sighed in relief, glad that it was over for now. She went over to turn off the amp once she saw Siyeon and Handong discussing amongst themselves again. The tall girl looked over to her quiet friend. Yubin gave her some thumbs up and a small smile. Yubin may not express her emotions as noticeably as others but Yoohyeon knew that Yubin was still proud of her with her small gesture.

 

Once she was done, she went over to Yubin, again both of them standing in front of the older girls. Said girls then looked at them, showing no emotion on their face. Then, Handong smiled, Siyeon doing it as well. This threw the 1st years off, not expecting to them smile.

Handong started speaking, getting the younger girls’ attention. “You guys did amazing; we were very impressed at your technique and skill.”

“Yeah it was impressive, although there were a few mistakes here and there and there are things you need to work on. But nobody’s perfect and even we have a lot of learning to do.” Yoohyeon was completely thrown off with the compliment. She really wasn’t expecting that when they seemed to be bored with their audition.

Yubin straight to the point asked the important question while Yoohyeon was busy catching flies. “Does that mean we made it in.”

“Yep. You guys are our new bassist and drummer.” Siyeon said while walking towards Yoohyeon and Yubin. “Welcome to Nightmare. Hope you’ll enjoy it.”