Chapter 3

Forbidden Love

I was on drugs when I wrote this so it probably doesn't make sense and there may be a lot of typos and weird sentences. Didn't bother to read it since i'm still woozy. Anyways hope you like it. 


It had been quite a boring day for Siyeon. She had been trying to do her work, but she just wasn’t in the mood to be studying. So instead of being productive with her schoolwork, she decided on coming up some ideas for the band. Like what songs would they be practicing? Would they try to do more performances? Maybe they even try busking this year.

For the past 2 years that Siyeon had been in the club, the club had been wanting to go busking, but they just never had the time for it. Plus getting all the equipment around the city had seemed too much of a hassle for 4 high school girls. Still, Siyeon would have to wait before making a decision like that. She needed to see just how dedicated Yoohyeon and Yubin were and to see if they actually even were good enough.

Doesn’t matter if they were the best at their instruments, what mattered the most to Siyeon was the way they sounded together. The band was a group effort and would have to compliment each other. Siyeon didn’t want the 1st years to make them crash and burn, especially Yubin as she carried the tempo of the band. Still, she shouldn’t be too tough on them, they were just starting off high school, and she was sure they were a great addition to the club. After all, they had both her and Handong and Siyeon was pretty sure that Minji and Bora would want to visit them sometime this year.

Siyeon had been so lost in thought she hadn’t noticed that many of her classmates had started packing their things. Siyeon looked at her watch and noticed there was only one minute before school ended. Well at least her thoughts made time go by much quicker. She quickly packed her things when the school bell rung.

Today would be the first day of practice for the club and had prepared an easy song for them to practice in the meantime. She still had to finalize the songs that they would be performing this year, Siyeon had a list already but she still needed to what level they would be at. She began walking to the club room, passing by the horde of students that were heading to their after-school activities. Once Siyeon got past the worst of it, she pulled out her phone, going over the list of songs.

The list included a variety of music, she had mostly fun music as that was the reason the club was formed. A place where they could enjoy what they love to do, and it allows for them in improve their skills. Still, she had some difficult pieces that may give them a push or show how much they’ve improved.

Siyeon looked up from her phone once she heard what sounded like books falling. Upon looking up she saw Yoohyeon on the school floor with books surrounding her.

“Way to go you clumsy tree, what happened this time?” Siyeon’s attention shifted from the girl on the floor to another girl that wore a look of disappointment. How Siyeon managed to completely miss the presence of Yubin when they were the only ones in the hallway, she was not completely sure.

Again, Siyeon looked at Yoohyeon and found the girl to already be staring at her. When they had made eye contact Yoohyeon turned away quickly, embarrassment clear on the girl’s face. “My shoes were untied again, and I tripped,” Yoohyeon replied shyly.

Yubin sighed, clearly it seemed like Yubin had dealt with the tall girl’s clumsiness more than a few times. “With the amount of times your shoes are untied, we either need to send you to kindergarten to learn or get you some strap shoes.” This made the girl on the floor pout, clearly not appreciating the teasing.

Seeing that Yoohyeon was still on the floor, Siyeon walked over to help, holding out her hand in front of the girl. This gesture made Yoohyeon surprised, she really wasn’t expecting her club leader to help her out. Still, the girl grabbed the hand and was pulled up immediately.

Soon the books were also picked up, and Yoohyeon looked up to thank the older girl but stopped noticing her gaze. Siyeon’s gaze looked dark and scary, and Yoohyeon couldn’t help but think about a wolf. Seemed like her eyes alone can kill Yoohyeon.

“Uh, hey are you alright?” Siyeon started waving her hand at Yoohyeon’s face, trying to get the girl’s attention. Yoohyeon zoned out and had been staring at Siyeon’s face since the last book was given back. “She didn’t hit her head, did she?” This time Siyeon had asked Yubin, seeing as Yoohyeon still gave no response.

“Nah, she’s probably just embarrassed or something.” Yubin walked up to the taller girl and shoved the girl, which finally brought Yoohyeon back to the real world.

“Hey! There was no need to do that!” Yoohyeon glared at the smaller girl, trying to look intimidating but all Siyeon saw was a small puppy. Not dangerous whatsoever.

Yubin, scoffed, crossing her arms and giving a glare of her own, “You were zoned out for 5 minutes, plus Siyeon and I attempted to get your attention but you just kept drooling and standing there like an idiot.”

Siyeon knew it was a bit of an exaggeration from Yubin just to embarrass the poor girl even further, and it was working. Yoohyeon’s face was turning red, it was kind of cute, but Siyeon couldn’t waste anymore time here. The three needed to head to the club room and start to practice their songs.

“Well, now that Yoohyeon is done drooling and staring off into space, we can finally start heading to our practice.” Siyeon didn’t wait for confirmation and just started walking.

Soon, they all made it to the club room. Handong was at a desk, papers all over the desk. Seems like she decided on starting her homework early. She raised her head as soon as she heard the door open, and gave a small disapproving look.

Siyeon gave Handong a sheepish smile, knowing that the girl would not be amused with their excuse. “Sorry we were late. There was a bit of trouble with these two and we got caught up.” Handong just kept giving an unamused look at all of them, and it made Siyeon nervous.

“Yeah, we had to deal with Yoohyeon’s clumsiness and make sure she didn’t actually lose anymore of the few braincells she has,” Yubin tried to make it seem as if Handong’s glare wasn’t affecting her, but there was a bit of nervousness. Siyeon didn’t blame the two for being so scared, the 2nd year could make anyone feel ashamed for anything with just her glare.

“What did you do Yoohyeon?”

Yoohyeon was caught off- guard at the question, looking a little panicked. “I- uh, well I kind of tripped on my shoelaces and dropped all my books.”

“A little pathetic, but at least you’re okay.” Handong finally gave a small smile, a hint of amusement in her tone.

Yoohyeon, pouted once again and whined. Not happy with the way everyone was teasing her. Siyeon interrupted Yoohyeon before she could start, not wanting to miss any more of their practice time. “Well, since we are here, we need to practice and start getting to know each other more. Set up the equipment and I’ll tell you guys what we’ll be practicing.”

Soon, they were all set and ready to start. “As you two probably know already, this band mostly plays rock music, although we have played a couple ballads and some pop. We usually play our own pieces that we have written, and you guys are welcome to write any songs you want.”

Yubin had perked up, interested in the last thing Siyeon had said. Seems they may have another composer in the band.

Suddenly, Siyeon’s attention shifted to Yoohyeon who raised her hand, waiting to be called on. “You don’t have to raise your hand; you can just talk if you want to.”

“Oh, sorry about that. Anyways, can we do covers of some songs?”

“Yeah, we’ve done a couple in the past years. If you want to suggest songs, then just bring it up whenever you want. So, for today I’ll give you guys the music for two songs, they aren’t too difficult, so it’ll be easy to learn.”

A few hours went by, and they finished up their practice. It was a good practice, they learned one of the songs and started on the second. Siyeon was proud of them, she felt that this would be a good year.

Siyeon waited behind, making sure everyone else had left and went around to check that nothing valuable was out in the open. She really didn’t want them to complain to her if they lost something. Soon she left the school and started walking home, enjoying the nice cool air.

As she was walking, she started thinking about her day. Nothing much had occurred, just a regular day, until she remembered one thing. Throughout practice and even with the little accident, she had caught Yoohyeon staring at her multiple time. Each time, Yoohyeon would quickly look away, her cheeks had a hint of blush on them. It was a little strange, but she didn’t dwell too much on the thought.

Yoohyeon was a little strange, in more than one way. Oddly weird but cute.

Those two 1st years were definitely something else, but Siyeon would just have to get used to it.