Chapter 5

Forbidden Love

Siyeon woke up to the sunlight hitting her eyes, blinding her. Waking up with a groan, she squinted at those damn curtains, she probably forgot to close the curtains yesterday from how tired she was. Siyeon didn’t feel like getting up, she’d rather spend the day lying in bed all day, but she had promised Yoohyeon to accompany her to the fair.

With an even louder groan, Siyeon finally got herself out of bed, stretching her body, hoping it make the sleepiness go away faster. She grabbed her phone, checking that it was already close to noon. This was nothing new to Siyeon, she would usually wake up around noon when she had no school.

With that, she went about her regular routine, she still had a couple hours before she would meet up with Yoohyeon, so she took her sweet time, enjoying the quiet atmosphere. Well until her younger sister decided to cause a ruckus in the kitchen.

Sticking her head in the kitchen, Siyeon could see that her sister Gahyeon had made quite a mess, especially seeing that the only thing on the stove was seaweed soup. Seeing a clutter of pans and pots on the floor, Siyeon guessed is what caused all the noise that had interrupted Siyeon’s peace and quiet.

“I sometimes think a baby can cook better than you, or at least not make this much of a mess like this just for some soup.”

Whining and puffing her cheeks, Gahyeon retorted to her older sister, “Oh yeah, well you also can’t cook and at least I didn’t set the kitchen on fire.” Seemed like the younger sibling was satisfied with this remark by her smirk.

“It was only one time!”

“That’s one too many, so I think I’m at least better in the cooking category.” Gahyeon knew she won this round as she had left Siyeon speechless, and she displayed her victory while Siyeon just rolled her eyes.

Siyeon wasn’t really prepared to be insulted this early in the day, but it was to be expected when she had a younger sister she always bantered with. Still, she helped her sister clean up the kitchen, knowing she wouldn’t be able to leave the house if her mom saw this mess.

Turning her head towards Gahyeon, she saw the younger sticking her tongue out at her and Siyeon sighed. This was going to be some long hours she would spend with Gahyeon.

 

To say Yoohyeon wasn’t nervous to spending her time with Siyeon would be a lie. Yoohyeon was an absolute mess at the moment. But why was she so nervous at the thought of their little get together, or better yet, at spending time Siyeon in general?

There was always an uneasy feeling in Yoohyeon’s stomach whenever she saw Siyeon, and even just thinking about the club leader made her feel that way. Even though it felt like she was sick, she also felt lighter and happier. Which would make her want to be around Siyeon even more.

All this made Yoohyeon feel very confused, she had never felt like this before and it made her a bit scared. Was she getting sick, or was there something more to it?

Although it was something that kept bothering her, she kept it a secret, not telling anyone or even writing down any of this in her journal. Yoohyeon just felt silly about being nervous with Siyeon, there was no reason to be scared, they were just some good friends that were in a band together. Yoohyeon would even say she considered them to be something of best friends although she would never say that to Yubin. Her fellow 1st year would probably not be too happy at that.

Even though the club leader seemed intimidating with her intense glare, serious expression and more of an emo style, she had soon realized that the older girl was actually a goof ball who wouldn’t hurt anyone. Then why was Yoohyeon so nervous?

Yoohyeon sighed deeply, and looked at her clock on her nightstand. She had spent 20 minutes worrying, time sure does fly when you can’t stop worrying about silly things. She had yet to start on getting herself ready for the day, loosing herself in thought was the first thing she did after waking up.

Shaking her head so she would not lose herself again, she got up to start her day, a very long day for her. At least she’ll be able to have some fun at the fair, she really hasn’t been to one in years. Thinking about all the delicious food and fun games she would be able to play, made her much more excited to get through her chores and have fun at the fair as a reward. Plus, she would be able to spend it with her best friend, so this definitely is going to be an amazing day.

It was around 4 in the afternoon that Siyeon started to head towards the local fair. They had both agreed to meet at 4:30 and it would take her 15 minutes to arrive, so she decided to take her time.

The weather was quite nice today, it was still a bit cool, but it was something a light jacket could fix. Plus, Siyeon liked this weather. She decided to mostly focus on the world around. It was a city, so there wasn’t much to see other than buildings and cars, but there were birds, and Siyeon enjoyed looking at those creatures. Birds were such interesting creatures, and they were cute, so she mostly spent her time looking at them and observing them.

Quickly, Siyeon started seeing the cheap and old sign of the fair. Guess thinking of birds made the walk over here a lot shorter than it actually was. Scanning the area, Siyeon didn’t see any sign of Yoohyeon. Checking her phone for the time, it told her that she was around 10 minutes early, so it was understandable that the younger girl still hadn’t arrived.

She decided on sitting on an empty bench near the entrance, but it was barely a minute when she saw the figure of Yoohyeon approaching. It was apparent when the younger girl noticed her because she suddenly stopped and lit up, before she started running towards her.

Yoohyeon jumped onto Siyeon, bringing both of them to the ground. It wasn’t the first time this has happened but this was something she would never get used to. The good thing though was that neither of them had gotten hurt, maybe just the pain from falling but it was nothing major.

“Hey Yooh,” Yoohyeon hummed for Siyeon to continue, “As much as I like hugging you, can you please get off? My shoulder is starting to hurt.” Hearing this Yoohyeon immediately got off the older girl, looking away and blushing.

“Hey, no need to be embarrassed, it happens.” Siyeon got up with the help of the outstretched hand that appeared in front of her and proceeded to dust off the dirt on her pants. “So, shall we get going then?” Siyeon offered her hand out to Yoohyeon so they could head in the fair together, but Yoohyeon seemed a bit hesitant before finally grabbing her hand.

They both entered after paying for their tickets and soon Siyeon felt herself getting dragged to the closest ride. That being the carousel, it was a kid ride, but then again, there weren’t many rides at this fair and Yoohyeon was determined to get on most of the rides even if they were kid rides. Of course, they can’t go on all of them, considering some have a height limit and Yoohyeon was definitely tall, even being taller than most of her classmates.

Siyeon went on the zebra since Yoohyeon had picked the dog and whined when the older girl first picked the tiger further away. The carousel may have been for little kids and babies but it was quite enjoyable for the 3rd year especially since they were making funny faces and weird voices at each other.

They did manage to get on most of the attractions around the fair and it had put the 1st year in a content mood even if she was scared earlier on the Ferris wheel and hid her face in Siyeon’s jacket the entire time.

Now though, they were heading to the food court, getting hotdogs and cotton candy to share. They didn’t spend much time sitting down and enjoying their food since Yoohyeon basically inhaled hers and Siyeon had a suspicion that it was so they could get to the game booths quicker. Seeing this, Siyeon decided on eating her hotdog as slowly as she, just to tease the younger girl a bit. It was clearly working as the girl looked frustrated and kept huffing.

“Siyeonnnn, can’t you eat any faster? I think my grandma can eat faster than you,” Yoohyeon huffed out, crossing her arms at the older girl.

“Well, not anyone can inhale their food looking like Kirby. Also, who knows if inhaling food runs in the family, if it does then your grandma has an unfair advantage over me.” Siyeon continued her slow eating, trying to ignore the younger girl’s whines and pout. Siyeon couldn’t take it much longer though so she finished her hotdog quickly, she really was weak to Yoohyeon’s puppy eyes.

Of course, Siyeon knew that these games were rigged and it would be difficult to win any prize but the look of excitement on Yoohyeon’s face at all the game booths around them made her feel something. She wasn’t sure what, but she felt the need to keep Yoohyeon’s mood like that the entire night, even if she emptied her pocket for a stuffed animal that would be cheaper buying at a store.

Somehow by the end of the evening, Yoohyeon had managed to win a stuffed dog that was almost as big as her. They hadn’t any luck the previous games but once Siyeon left to throw away their trash, she came back to Yoohyeon smiling brightly and tightly hugging the new companion. Siyeon was perplexed but congratulated the younger girl for doing what Siyeon thought was the impossible.

Yoohyeon was absolutely enamored with the stuffed dog, she even bought it a hat from a nearby booth and making Siyeon take pictures. Siyeon could only roll her eyes and comply, the younger girl was just too cute and she didn’t have the heart to refuse at all. The way those eyes crinkled and her smile made Siyeon extremely weak, and the younger girl knew this and used it to her advantage most of the time.

The time soon came to where they had to depart, and Siyeon really didn’t want to leave, and it seemed Yoohyeon felt the same way. This was honestly the most fun Siyeon had in a while as she never really left her home. Siyeon wished she would be able to spend more time with Yoohyeon after this, she really liked spending time with her.

“So, guess this is it?” Yoohyeon looked sad, pouting a bit and hugging her prize. This tugged at Siyeon’s heart and she didn’t know why this girl had such an affect on her. Maybe it was just the protectiveness she felt and wanting to keep the girl in a good mood. Yeah, it definitely had to be that Siyeon thought.

“Hey, don’t be too sad,” Siyeon bringing the lanky girl to her side and hugging her, “we’ll be seeing each other on Monday again. Maybe we can plan to hang out again, since it seems you really enjoyed today.” There was a small tug on Yoohyeon’s lips, and quickly the younger girl reciprocated the hug even though a certain stuffed animal was in the middle of them. This made both of them chuckle before Yoohyeon placed it on the floor to give a better hug to the older girl.

“You better be at school on Monday or I will find you and kill you,” Yoohyeon threatened but honestly didn’t look any bit threatening, looking more like an angry puppy.

“Whoa, oath, no need to get violent. Plus, I know you wouldn’t be able to hurt me, you’re too soft for that.”

“I’m not to soft for that! Just you wait Lee Siyeon! I’ll show you I can fight you!” Siyeon stifled a laugh, not wanting to anger the younger girl any more than she already was, but it was just hard when Yoohyeon looked cute instead of intimidating. “Alright, I believe you Yooh. I’ll be there for sure so no need to jump me anytime soon. I have to get going though, my parents won’t be too happy if I’m late.”

“Fine, please don’t get hurt on your way home.” Yoohyeon gave a final hug to Siyeon before seeing Siyeon off. Before Siyeon was out of Yoohyeon’s sight, she turned to give the girl a wave, seeing the girl happily wave back. Siyeon chuckled again, that girl really was something else.


Well, that was quite a chapter. Honestly I had lots of trouble writing this even though there wasn't much to it. Hope you guys enjoy it!!! There may have been some errors here and there since I am human and these things do get past me but hopefully it's not too bad.

Also know that things will definitely start picking up, maybe even by the next chapter