Can’t Take My Eyes Off You

I’d Like To Make It With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that the atmosphere around Taeyeon was awkward would have been an understatement. Fraught with an unmistakable tension is more likely, she thinks to herself while trying to get a glimpse of Tiffany without the other girl noticing. Tiffany look more beautiful now, not that she was not before, but the older Tiffany just exudes confidence and elegance. With her white colored pant suit, subtle make up and black locks artfully styled, the Tiffany in front of her just screams perfection. More like an ice queen as Taeyeon recalled their introduction earlier.

 

“Taeyeon, I would like you to meet Stephanie your fiancée”

“You?”

“You?” They both said at the same time

“You two know each other?” asked Chairman Hwang

“Yes” Taeyeon said.

“No” Tiffany denied while looking directly at Taeyeon, daring the other woman to contradict her.

“We were acquaintances back in university. Stephanie was a junior at our college” Taeyeon explained to their fathers.

“I see. You didn’t tell me that Miyoung” Chairman Hwang told her daughter.

“That’s because I-“

“She didn’t know that I am Kim Taeyeon of KGC. We didn’t talk much about our backgrounds” Taeyeon said instead, interrupting Tiffany’s explanation.

“The fact that you two know each other is already a good thing Taeyeon. You will not be marrying a stranger then” Chairman Kim said while looking at Chairman Hwang. “ I think we made a good deal here Dongwook”

“Appa, Stephanie and I are not just deals. Its our lives we’re talking about here” Taeyeon argued knowing that Tiffany will probably reject to the idea.

“Now Taeyeon you told me that you are willing to do it, I won’t propose the idea if you are not amenable to it”

“But appa-“

“Let’s do it Chairman Kim. I, myself would like to prove to my dad what I’m capable of” now it was Tiffany’s turn to interrupt Taeyeon. Eyes glinting at something unknown.

“That’s good to hear honey, I seriously thought you would at least be angry for not telling you the marriage part” Chairman Hwang remarked, surprised at how calm Tiffany is towards the agreement.

“Like I said it’s time to step up as your heir dad. I will not back down at the first sign of adversity” Tiffany argued. “No offense Chairman Kim”

“None taken young lady. I like you already! I think you will be very good for our Taetae here. You are just what she needs.”

“I’m sure you have already plans for these, but anything personal will be up to Taeyeon and me, I hope?”

“Yes I can assure you that Stephanie”

“You can call me Miyoung, Chairman Kim”

“Then you should start calling me appa as well”

 

Their fathers are still talking and making plans when Tiffany suddenly spoke. “Appa, I believe Dad and I have to go. We still need to make rounds at the Hwang Enterprises. Dad?”

“Go on then. Taeyeon and I need to be back in office as well.”

“And Taeyeon? I’ll talk with your secretary for an appointment this week” Tiffany said in a businesslike manner.

“Of course. I guess I’ll see you later”

 

That later could not come fast enough.

 

 

 

Back in her office, Taeyeon was looking out her window when she received a call from her childhood friend Yuri.

“Yo Taeng! So how did the meeting go?”

“Complicated”

“Complicated how?”

“I really don’t want to talk about it right now Yul. Thinking about it now is just giving me a headache”

What you really need right now is a good drink. I’ll call Sunny let’s go at the usual and you can tell us what happened in your meeting earlier”

“Alright, I guess I don’t have choice here do I?” Taeyeon sarcastically asked.

“If you know what’s good for you. You don’t want to risk the wrath of Sunny”

“I’m kind of thinking the wrath of someone else actually”

“Oooh. You better speak later Kim. I’ll see you” and the line went dead, as Taeyeon went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter