Chapter Seven: The Seventh Month

The Arrangement of Us

 

 

“Somin!” a masculine voice called, Somin turning around to see the familiar face from the night before.

 

“Namjoon,” Somin smiled, her face relaxing.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, taking a seat next to the girl. “Where’s your husband?”

 

“Probably in the hotel room, I’m not sure,” Somin shrugged, turning her attention back to the little girls that were playing in the pool.

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“No,” a sigh. “Nothing at all,”

 

“I know we don’t know each other that well, but you can talk to me. I can just be quiet and listen,”

 

“No no, I can’t burden you with my troubles…”

 

“I won’t tell Yoongi if that’s what you’re afraid of,” Namjoon offered a comforting smile.

 

“Well,” Somin turned to eye the man, at ease when he was calmly smiling at her. “As you know, the marriage between Yoongi and I….it’s not the most conventional,”

 

“An arranged marriage,”

 

“Yes. And while we didn’t have the choice, it was something that we accepted. As the months passed, it was something that I knew I would be more than okay with that. I looked forward to seeing Yoongi every day and all the times that we spent together,”

 

“You’re in love with him, aren’t you?”

 

Silence.

 

“I’m not asking for his love in return. I can’t force someone to return my feelings for now. But there are times where he’ll say things that make my heart beat a bit faster and I just wish that I knew how he felt about in return. I don’t want to be some game to him,”

 

“I see the way he looks at you, Somin,” Namjoon started.

 

“One dinner,”

 

“When you have a father like mine, it doesn't take much to know when a couple genuinely loves each other. Yoongi looks at you like you’re his entire world,”

 

“I don’t know,” Somin shook her head, pulling her knees closer to her chest. “I thought he did like me too in some way, especially because last night…but when we woke up, it was as if nothing ever happened. He did drink alcohol last night, how do I know what he said was truthful?”

 

“Drunken words are sober thoughts,” Namjoon replied, placing a comforting arm around her shoulders.

 

“Namjoon, I want to believe what you’re saying, I really do. But I don’t want any false hope,” slightly leaning into his touch.

 

There was something about Namjoon that reminded her about Hye Min.

 

“Well, hopefully, this will clear up any uncertainty you’re having,” the elder said. Somin was unable to voice her confusion as a shadow fell over her.

 

“Somin,” Yoongi spoke, his face clear of all emotion but annoyance. “Come on,”

 

“Yoongi, what happened?”

 

“Let’s just go,” Yoongi reached for her hand.

 

“Is something wrong, buddy?” Namjoon asked, a big old smile on his face.

 

“Not at all, buddy. Just would like to spend my honeymoon with my wife, if that’s okay,” Yoongi replied with a forced smile.

 

“Now why would I have a problem with that?” the elder chuckled, removing his arm from Somin to stand up next to Yoongi. “Have fun you two, and stay safe,” he winked, waving as he made his exit from the couple.

 

“What were you two talking about?” Yoongi asking.

 

“None of your business,” Somin replied, turning her eyes away from him.

 

“You two looked awfully cozy,” Yoongi mumbled, taking Namjoon’s seat. “You never sit with me like that,” he continued, crossing his eyes.

 

“Excuse me?” Somin turned to look at her husband, his attention straight in front of him, a slight pout at his lips.

 

Who would’ve ever thought CEO Min Yoongi would be pouting in jealousy on his honeymoon?

 

“Nothing at all,” he shifted, leaning his head on Somin’s shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked, taken back by the sudden intimacy.

 

“Spending quality time with my wife, being the cutest couple here,” he replied as if it were obvious. “Your shoulder is very comfortable for taking naps.”

 

“Tsk,” Somin shook her head. “And you said we could do whatever I wanted during the honeymoon.”

 

“We will after I recharge,” Yoongi patted her knee, letting his hand rest on her bare leg afterwards. The two sat in silence for a few moments, Somin wasn’t sure how long they sat there together. “Don’t get too close to another guy again, it makes me jealous,” Yoongi mumbled.

 

“Huh?” Somin asked.

 

“Nothing,” Yoongi shook his head, standing up. “Let’s go, we’re gonna be late,”

 

“Late for what?” Somin asked, allowing the man to pull her arm.



 

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦


 

“I didn’t know there was an aquarium around here!” Somin smiled brightly, pulling Yoongi with her to the tank, staring at the fish in wonderment.

 

“I was exploring around this morning and Hye Min told me you really like the aquarium,” he shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. “It didn’t take me that long to find this place once I knew you wanted to come here,”

 

“Thank you, Yoongi, really,” Somin turned to smile at Yoongi. “I am apologising now because I already know that I am going to end up ignoring you - ”

 

“Go have fun,” the male smiled, letting go of her hand, “I’m right behind you.”

 

Somin placed both her hands on the tank as if it would help her get a closer look at the multiple fish swimming by. One quick glance to the right and she was heading over. “Come on, Yoongi, the sea otters!”

 

Somin went closer until she was looking into the glass separating her from the sea otters, a soft pout on her lips as she looked at them. One particular otter swam to the glass, putting a front paw on the glass where Somin’s hand is. Yoongi quickly took out his phone, taking a picture of that moment before the otter swam away. Yoongi looked at the picture, Somin’s side profile with a bright smile as she was looking at where their hands were connected. He set it as his wallpaper, continuing to follow her as she studied each new sight she came across.

 

“Are you sure you’re not bored? We can leave,” Somin asked absent-mindedly as she was looking at a tank of sharks.

 

“You’re having fun,right?” Yoongi asked. 

 

“The best time,” Somin turned around, a smile on her face right as Yoongi took a picture of her. “Hey, delete that!” she exclaimed, walking towards him.

 

“You look so cute!” Yoongi said, showing her the picture.

 

“No no, I look so bad!” Somin pouted, reaching for the phone. Just before she could grab onto it, Yoongi pressed the power button, placing the phone into his back pocket. 

 

“You can delete it if you can get my phone,” he smirked, knowing Somin wouldn’t reach into his back pocket.

 

“Haha, very funny,” Somin rolled her eyes, decreasing the space between the two, wrapping one around Yoongi, her hand slipping into his pocket to get the phone. “Thought I would feel weird touching your ? Grow up Yoongi,” she shook her head.

 

“Glad to know that we’ve moved onto the level of our relationship where we can touch each other’s , because you got a very nice one,” Yoongi smirked, raising one eyebrow.

 

“Sh -shut up,” she said, pressing the home button on the phone to see the picture of her and the sea otter. “When did you take this? I look so bad,” Somin whined.

 

“You looked really cute,” Yoongi said, his chest pressed against her back as he placed an arm around her shoulder. Somin could feel her heart rate increasing at the sudden proximity between the two but tried her best to ignore it. “I’m not changing it,”

 

“What’s your phone code?” 

 

“Your birthday,” Yoongi replied, moving them to the side as there were still some people walking around.

 

“Haha, very funny,” she looked up to Yoongi. He moved his other hand to hold hers that had the phone, entering Somin’s birthday, his home screen showing up moments later.

 

“Oh,” Somin said, surprised at this new discovery. Yoongi removed his hand from hers, but his arm around her shoulder remained. 

 

“I took a bunch of pictures of you, but don’t delete any of them or else I’m going to be very angry at you,

 

“They’re pictures of me,” Somin stuck her tongue out.

 

“They’re pictures of my wife,” Yoongi stuck his tongue back out at her. 

 

“Don’t say stuff like that,” Somin mumbled, swiping through all the pictures on his phone.

 

“I will boast about my wonderful wife as much as I want to, thank you very much,” Yoongi smiled, pressing a quick kiss to the crown of Somin’s head.



 

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦


 

“Namjoon wants to have dinner with us tonight,” Somin commented, looking at her phone.

 

“No,” Yoongi answered right away. “And where’d you get his number from?”

 

“He gave it to me this morning when we were talking,” Somin explained. “And why not? He’s a nice person,”

 

“We had dinner with his father and him last night. I would like dinner with my wife alone, it is our honeymoon after all,”

 

“Alright, I guess, I’ll let him know,” she shrugged. “What do you want for dinner anyways?”

 

“I made a reservation for us at a nearby restaurant,” Yoongi explained. “You may want to change because it’s somewhat fancy,”

 

“You’re telling me now?” Somin sprang up from her seat on the hotel suite couch. “I need to shower and decide what I’m going to wear, and then fix my hair and make up, Yoongi!” she exclaimed, rushing into the bathroom with her towel.

 

“You’ll look fine in anything!” Yoongi chuckled, scrolling through his emails.

 

30 minutes later, Somin emerged from the bathroom, her wet hair dripping onto her shoulders as her body was wrapped in a towel. “What are you doing, go shower!” she exclaimed when she saw Yoongi on the couch.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, turning his eyes from his phone screen to the girl, immediately dropping his phone on his lap, eyes slightly widening. “Wh-where are your clothes?”

 

“I haven’t decided what to wear yet,” Somin said, plugging the hair dryer into the wall. “What are you looking at, never seen a girl?” she chuckled.

 

“Not as beautiful as you,” Yoongi answered, unable to stop himself. “I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have said that,” he shook his head, rushing into the bathroom.

 

If Somin realized that he took 15 minutes longer in the shower, Yoongi was thankful that she didn’t comment on it.



 

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦


 

“I feel I’m a little underdressed, Yoongi,” Somin whispered, mentally comparing her deep plunge burgundy dress with a slit to every other woman’s attire.

 

“You look beautiful,” Yoongi assured her, one arm around her waist as they waited to be led to their table, his warm hand rubbing circles on her skin visible from her backless dress. Somin moved in slightly to his touch. 

 

“You have to say that, you’re my husband,” Somin chuckled.

 

“That doesn’t change the fact that I am stating the truth,” he said.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Min, right this way,” the waiter said, leading them to their table, beating Yoongi to pull the chair out for the girl. “Can I interest you in the specials for tonight?”

 

“Yes - ” Somin started.

 

“Actually, I think we’re just going to look through the menu, thank you,” Yoongi said, already opening the menu and ignoring the young man.

 

“Very well. Let me know when you’re ready to order,” he nodded, leaving the couple moments later.

 

“Why are you being so rude to him? He’s basically a kid,” Somin frowned, opening her own menu.

 

“Did you see the way he was looking at you, with those big stupid green eyes?” Yoongi frowned. 

 

“What about it?”

 

“He was looking at it as if he were a dog, and you were a piece of meat. He was blatantly checking you out,” Yoongi explained.

 

“Yoongi, let’s not pretend to know why you took so long in the shower,” Somin smirked, taking a quick peep at Yoongi to see his face turn pink.

 

“That - that’s...just decide what you wanna eat,” he said, shifting in his seat, looking through his menu. Somin giggled, her eyes quickly scanning her menu.

 

“I think I want the lobster remoulade,” Somin decided.

 

“I’ll get the same thing,” he nodded, closing the menu and raised his hand to get the attention of the waiter. “Lobster remoulade for the both of us. I’ll have sparkling water, and my wife…?”

 

“Rose champagne, thank you,” Somin smiled, passing her menu back.

 

“I will be right back ma’am,” the young man smiled, not even glancing at Yoongi as he took the older man’s menu. Somin paid no attention to the waiter, thriving in the jealousy that she was witnessing in her husband.

 

“I don’t see why you’re worrying so much, Yoongi,” she chuckled, glancing around the entire restaurant.

 

“Don’t you notice the way he’s looking at you?” Yoongi frowned, his eyebrows scrunching together.

 

“He may be looking, but my husband is the only one that actually gets to touch the goods,” she said under her breath to herself, not expecting the man across her to catch her words.

 

“Is this you consenting to something more?” Yoongi’s frown turns into a smirk, eyebrows relaxing to their previous position, leaving Somin the mumbling mess.

 

“Shut up,” she averted her eyes, feeling her face turn increasingly warm. The two sat in silence across each other, Yoongi studying Somin, Somin studying everything but him. 

 

“Do I make you nervous, Somin?” Yoongi asked the girl.

 

“W-what?” Somin asked, a light blush on her cheeks. “No...do I make you nervous?”

 

“Very much so,” he answered. “Being near you makes me even more nervous than presenting in front of a room with 100 people,”



 

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦


 

“Okay, I think maybe we drank a little too much,” Yoongi chuckled, one arm around Somin’s waist to support her as they stood in the elevator.

 

“Yes, but I’m not drunk. Just a little tipsy,” she smiled, leaning her head on Yoongi’s shoulder. “You’re so warm,” she frowned. “It’s too hot,”

 

“Then maybe you should cling completely on me, babe,” he responded, but that only made Somin lean further into him.

 

“No, I don’t wanna move away,” she shook her head, wrapping both her arms around his waist. “You smell really good,”

 

“So tipsy Somin is really honest, huh?” the doors dinged, indicating that they arrived at their floor. 

 

“Yes she is, and is also confrontational, so you better watch out,” she smiled, waiting for Yoongi to open the door.

 

“Okay, in we go,” he said, allowing her to go in first. “How about you go wash up first?” 

 

“Too tired,” Somin shook her head, flopping onto the bed, spreading her arms and legs out in starfish formation. “I’ll risk the breakout, I can deal with a pimple,” she said softly, closing her eyes. Yoongi smiled at the girl, going into the bathroom and rummaged through the stuff on the sink. He located her makeup removing wipes, and made his way back to the bed, sitting next to her. He brushed her stray hairs away, taking one wipe and started with her right eye, gently removing the eyeshadow and eyeliner, moving onto the next eye once he was satisfied. He then folded the wipe twice, using it to remove the remains of her lipstick. He took another wipe, gently wiping the rest of her face to remove any sweat that may have built up, taking a good look at her bare face once he was done. 

 

“All good,” he whispered, causing Somin’s eyes to open the slightest bit.

 

“Thank you,”

 

“Anything for you,” he smiled, patting her cheek.

 

“Why don’t you remember kissing me last night? Was kissing me that bad?” she asked.

 

“I thought I dreamt it...a dream that was too good to be true,”

 

“Kiss me again,” Somin said. Yoongi leaned down slightly, stopping until he was a few millimetres away.

 

“Not while you’re still tipsy. I need to make sure that you truly want this,”

 

“But - ”

 

“If you remember this in the morning, I’ll kiss you all you want,” Yoongi said, pressing a light kiss on the tip of her nose. “Good night, Somin.”



 

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦


 

The next morning, Somin woke up the way she fell asleep — slowly, then all of a sudden. There was no direct sunlight in her eyes this morning, she had been facing the other way. Once she felt like she wasn’t in the state of drowsiness that she would fall back asleep, she took in her position. She was using Yoongi’s arm as a pillow, her leg thrown over his body as she was hugging his torso. Without even thinking, her arm was moving up to caress his cheek, his skin feeling as soft as silk against her fingers. It wasn’t her intention to wake up her husband, but she couldn’t deny that she had been waiting to see his chocolate eyes staring back at her.

 

“Will you kiss me now?” she whispered.

 

“Gladly,” he smiled, not hesitating to latch onto her lips, moving the girl to sit on top of his body. “You’re going to regret it because I don’t think I’ll be able to stop kissing you,”

 

“That’s fine, I don’t want you to stop anytime soon,” she chuckled, pressing a quick kiss against his lips.