Chapter 5 - Undeniable Attraction

Lady of the Breathnach Manor

 


 

“Hey! Guess whose luggage just arrived!”

 

Yugyeom’s booming voice echoed throughout the manor, causing an instantaneous kerfuffle as Jackson, Bambam, and Mark leapt to their feet from where they had been sitting on the couch playing video games with Eithne, and ran half falling, half tripping and half grappling over each other as they raced to the front door. 

 

“I’m carrying that big one!” Jackson yelled, as they rounded the corner, pulling at one another in the attempt to be the firsts to reach the scene.

 

“Dibs on the blue one!” Yelled Mark.

 

“Carry-on!” Yelled Bambam, as the three half slid across the tiled floor, grabbing at the bags they’d claimed. 

 

Yugyeom lifted the big piece of luggage Jackson had called dibs on up high into the air, raising his eyebrows and cocking his head to the side with a smile, and Jackson, giving up immediately, dove at Mark and began to wrestle with him over the yellow luggage piece. Eithne, out of breath from chasing after them, laughed and shook her head, motioning for the boys to bring the bags as she started off towards her room. 

Whatchu got in here? It's heavy.” Jackson commented, he and Mark seemingly having settled on each carrying one end of the yellow bag Mark originally called dibs on.

 

“Generally that bag is meant to be rolled.” Eithne grinned, opening the door to her room and standing aside so the boys could enter with her things. 

 

“Meant to be rolled.” Jackson repeated back in a stupid mocking voice as he passed her, pulling his face into an even stupider expression as he spoke, turning his head to stick out his tongue at her once he’d passed. Eithne laughed, closed the door and followed after the lot, kicking the back of Jackson’s shin lightly once she caught up with them. Jackson gave an overdramatic yell, hurtling himself forward and flipping over his head to land on the bed, letting out fake cries of pain as he rubbed his shin vigorously.

 

He was largely ignored, as the other boys had decided the next best helpful thing to do would be to dump all of the luggage contents onto the floor to sort through, and Jackson quickly forgot about his injury as curiosity took over and he joined in the rummaging. 

 

“Swimsuit!” Jackson yelled suddenly, holding a bikini top up into the air victoriously. “We have an indoor outdoor rooftop pool!”

 

Eithne snatched the piece away from him, hitting backside up the head as she did so, ordering that all males leave her room immediately before she called for JB to come do so for her.

 

“Ah-haaaa.” Jackson grinned up at her, wagging his finger. “You figured out who’s in charge around here huh? Trying to scare us off with threats now are you?”

 

“Anyway he’s probably swimming right now,” Mark added, glancing at his watch. “He usually swims every evening at this time as his evening workout.”

 

“How often does he work out?” Eithne asked, her nose wrinkling up in surprise.

 

“Um, every morning. Every afternoon And every evening.” Bambam replied, his voice full of annoyance.

 

“Makes sense.” Eithne said to herself, remembering his cut and toned body.

 

“He didn't get the title of the greatest warrior for no reason.” Yugyeom said with a shrug, taking Eithne’s bag of toiletries into the bathroom and placing them on the counter.

 

Mark, Bambam and Jackson suddenly exchanged glances.

 

“Heyy, so what if we gave you a little tour, showed you around. Maybe you’d like to go swimming? Good exercise after laying around so much, not too strenuous. And our pool is a good temperature, not too hot or too cold. We keep it heated cause there’s a portion of it that goes outside, so you can swim and look at the stars all year round and not die of extreme temperatures.” Jackson said, using the most convincing tone of voice that he could manage, while Mark and Bambam exchanged grins and suggestive eyebrow raising.

 

“It does sound like fun, will all of you come swimming too? I won't do it alone.” Eithne said, rummaging through her things to find her bikini bottoms.

 

“Of course!” The boys courused, exchanging nods and furtive grins, standing up to leave the room.

 

“We’ll be right outside, come when you’re ready!” Bambam called, shutting the door behind them, then turning to the other boys hissed in a low tone so as not to be overheard by Eithne, “What’s the plan?”

 

“Get her up there, tell her to get in the pool cause we need to go grab our trunks, abandon her and let her and JB discover each other.” Jackson whispered, wicked mischief painted across his face as the others nodded, holding in their laughter as they fist bumped all around. 

 

They ceased whispering and straightened up immediately as the door knob turned, and Eithne walked out in a y black bikini, veiled slightly by a crochequeted swimming overdress that draped down to mid thigh. The boys turned immediately, not daring to look at her in such a state, and starting down the halls, brought her up two flights of stairs to the rooftop where the pool was, half of it enclosed inside, the other half, where the lap pool was located, out in the open air portion of the roof. 

 

“Go ahead, we’ll be right back.” Jackson said, pushing her into the pool area and shutting the door behind her.

 

“We’ll get our swim pants and be back in a jiffy!” Mark called, and the group of them raced back down the stairs to collapse into a heap on the floor.

 

“We’re horrible.” Yugyeom said.

 

“No, we’re geniuses, he’s gonna have a heart attack.” Bambam replied, gasping for breath, clasping hold of Jackson and Mark’s hands as they gave each other congratulatory squeezes all around.

 

“Should’ve stayed and watched through the door crack. I want to see his face.” Jackson wheezed, earning himself a smack over the head from Mark.

 

“Don't be such a . Just know that the rest of us got your back and will orchestrate the same for you at some point.” Mark scolded

 

“Deal.” agreed Jackson.















 

Eithne slipped out of her swim cover, and glancing around noticed several hooks on the wall where she hung it up. Turning in a semicircle, she looked around, her eyes taking in the pool room, noticing that there were two ways to reach the lap pool outside - one by way of the indoor pool that was connected to the outdoor via a small opened arch and tunnel of water, the second being a door on the side of the building.

 

Thinking that she might as well jump into the lap pool and warm up before the others came, Eithne walked to the door, pushed it open and walked out several steps, only to freeze in place. There, not ten feet away, walking slowly towards her, was JB, dripping wet, wearing nothing but swim shorts, a living breathing version of the sculpted greek gods. He didn't seem to realize she was there, his hands occupied with wiping the water from his eyes and face, then brushing his hair to the side as he threw his head back, and shaking the water from it, chest heaving from what apparently had been a relentless workout. He was halfway to her by the time he realized he wasn't alone, and pausing, he looked at her. All of her. His breath caught in his throat and his heart stuttered as he took in the goddess of perfection that stood before him. For a moment, neither moved or said a word. Finally JB moved towards her, closing the distance gap to stand before her.

 

“You are alone my lady?” he asked in his low husky voice, eyes fixed on hers.

 

“Yes, no, well not exactly. The others showed me where to find the pool and then went to change. I’m not sure why they are taking so long.” Eithne replied, summoning all the willpower she possessed to keep her eyes focused on his.

 

A glint of understanding came into his eyes, and a half smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. “Perhaps something has come up and they are unable to return my lady. I will be happy to accompany you in your exercises, if you would like.”

 

“Sure, but I am not a very strong swimmer.” Eithne replied ruefully, her eyes finally having their own way and taking in the muscular physique of the man standing before her. “I feel you will find me to be very slow in comparison.”

 

He smiled, and turning, dove into the pool, resurfaced, brushed the water out of his eyes and his hair back in one swift motion, then holding on the side of the pool beckoned her to himself. Glancing around, Eithne realized that the ladder down into the pool was all the way around on the other side, so she sat down on the edge of the pool next to JB, then carefully slipped down into the water, his arm encircling her waist, holding her close to himself and steadying her as her arms automatically draped around his broad shoulders. For a long moment they remained so, embraced in the other’s arms, faces mere centimeters apart, eyes staring into the depths of each other’s souls.

 

A smile tugged at the corners of JB’s mouth as he said in his low strong voice, “If your wish had been for me to hold you in my arms my lady, you need only have said so and I would have gladly obliged.” And his eyebrows lifted teasingly, his thumb drawing soft gentle circles on her back.

 

Feeling suddenly embarrassed, Eithne slipped away from him and swam off to the otherside of the pool, JB chuckling to himself as he pushed off the wall to glide backwards across the top of the water to join her on the other side, where he was waiting for her with a teasing smile when she surfaced. 

 

Finding herself face to face with him once more, she blushed and dove back under, heading for the longways of the pool, and JB, being the stronger swimmer, beat her to the side easily, waiting for her once more with the teasing smile on his face, only to see her blush and dive under once more, headed for the opposite side of the long ways lap pool. Three fourths of the way she began to struggle and flounder, the muscles in her legs started to cramp up. She was just starting to fight the urge to panic when a hand grasped hold of her wrist and dragged her through the water with great force of strength, placing her hand on the concrete side of the pool. Spluttering, she came up to see JB next to her, a worried expression on his face.

 

“Told you I’m not a strong swimmer.” she gasped, wincing from the leg cramps.

 

“I’m glad I was here for you just in case my lady.” JB replied, his voice deep with concern. “It might be wise to make sure you are not alone when swimming.”

 

Eithne made a grumbling sound, then with a sudden swift motion splashed a large portion of water into JB’s startled face. Wiping the water away with his hand, he stared at her, awaiting an explanation. 

 

“You’re just effortlessly good at everything aren’t you. It’s really not fair.” Eithne protested, her hand taking another swipe at the water and splashing it into his face. Once again he wiped the water away, a bemused expression on his face.

 

“That’s all?” he asked

 

“That’s all.” replied Eithne, forcefully throwing water into his face again. “Aren't you going to retaliate.”

 

He wiped the water from his face, and gave her a look she wasn't sure how to interpret. It was very similar to the look you saw in the eye of a predator, crouching and waiting for the right moment before springing forward and pouncing on their prey. There was a moment of tense silence as Eithne waited to see if he would splash her back, but when he made no move to do so, she pulled her hand back to start the forward wave that would become her next attack. Just before her hand could surface with water to throw, JB grasped hold of her wrist firmly, spinning her around so that her back was flush up against his chest, his arm around her waist, his hand holding her arm firmly to her side.

 

“My lady,” he whispered, his lips brushing against her ear as he spoke. “I am your protector. I do not retaliate against you.”

 

Eithne shivered and stayed still, appreciating the feeling of his chiseled body pressing against hers, a feeling of intense energy flowing between them, a connectivity that she had never felt with another before now. It seemed that he felt the same, for his breathing had quickened as he leaned his forehead against the back of hers, she could feel the hard steely muscles beneath the soft skin that pressed against her back, and a strong urge rose inside to turn herself around, face him, and feel his physique with the palms of her hands.

 

 Before she could summon up enough courage to do so though, he gave a low growl, and releasing her suddenly dove backwards into the water, swimming to the opposite side of the pool with such speed and power that Eithne couldn't help letting out a low hum of admiration, turning so that she was facing in the direction that he had so suddenly taken off towards to better see and admire his agility and vigor. In the darkness she had not observed his under water turn or glide, and seeing no movement in the water rightly assumed that he was swimming deep below the surface. His stamina and power were enviable indeed.

 

Slowly, quietly, so gently that Eithne wouldn't be shocked, he slowly surfaced before her, eyes closed and hair dripping as he softly pressed his forehead and nose against hers, his arms reaching around to either side of her to grasp the side of the pool with more strength and tenacity then was actually needed for holding himself at surface level. He shivered as he felt her soft hand rest in the valley between his pecs, breath catching in his throat as he fought the urge to press up against her and kiss her hard. 

 

“My lady.” he breathed, shaking from the control needed to restrain himself. “Do you find it to be to your liking.” 

 

Eithne answered shyly with actions rather than words, both of her hands slipping across his pecs, appreciating the size and and hardness as her hands slowly slid down, taking in every contour of his abs, stopping just at the hem of his shorts. A shudder ran through his frame as he let out a low gasp, his head leaning back as she began to slowly slip her hands around to his back and skim upwards, appreciating the tautness and muscular build as she worked her way up to his shoulders and arms, which were flexed tightly from his gripping of the edge of the pool. His head now hung forward, eyes closed, mouth open, heavy ragged breathing escaping from his heaving chest, wreaked from her simple soft touches and driven almost mad with thirsting for more as the sensation of her touch momentarily left his body.

 

Resting one of her hands against his chest, the other on his shoulder, Eithne then leaned forward and whispered softly in reply to his earlier question, “Very much so.”

 

He felt her lips smile against his neck, then she slipped away. He heard the sound of her leaving the pool and walking away, the sound of the door closing, then silence. 

 

Letting out a yell that sounded at once feral and triumphant, he threw himself backwards into the water and began to swim with renewed energy and vigor.