chapter two

The School Of The Curse' SEVENTEEN

the sounds of birds chirping, the chilly air brushing both the boys skin, minghao rubbed his arms for warmth as he followed seungcheol somewhere in a forest.

"where are we heading to?" he asked, walking the same pace as seungcheol. however, the older boy didn't respond and continued walking.

they both stopped at an old bridge, worn out and looks as if it's about to collapse. sharp vines forming on the handle, the sound of creaks every step that seungcheol made to get on the other side. minghao watched him going, hesitating whether or not to follow.

"we need to get on the other side so they won't hear us," seungcheol told him as he reached the end. "faster, once dawn comes, we won't be able to see our way back."

minghao had no choice, he knew something is abnormal in his new school and he wanted answers. hoping that the person in front of him could answer it all.

step by step, he slowly made his way to seungcheol and released a sigh of relieve once he reached the end.

"does this bridge blocks something?" minghao asked.

"yeah, they do," answered seungcheol. "you see, the reason why i brought you here is because i want to tell you something about that school. this is the only way we could talk about it, having to come so far here in this forest, not to cause any problem in our town."

minghao felt shivers down his arms when he heard his words. "tell me please, i don't like what i have to feel all the time when i was there, what is wrong with that school?"

the older boy sighed and slightly smiled at the terrified boy. "before that school was built, it was a graveyard. thousands of bodies was burried under there, mostly people of youths."

"that young? what happened to them?" minghao asked curiously.

"fatal diseases," seungcheol replied. "so many died that its grave was as big as our town."

minghao bit his lips, rubbing his arms again for warmth and continued listening.

"soon after the disease died down, our principal's great-grandfather wanted to build a school for us, to be educated as we grow and achieve our dreams. unfortunately, there wasn't enough land,"

"so he used the graveyard?" minghao asked and seungcheol nodded once. "oh my god.."

"the spirits of the bodies that buried just under our school was disturbed, from what our previous seniors said," seungcheol explained more, took a deep breathe before continuing again. "but there are other assumptions, we don't know what is true and we can't trust someone's assumption too easily."

"remember one thing; don't talk about it unless you're on this side of the bridge."

•─────✧─────•

"have you heard?" a female student asked, whispering to the ears of her fellow friend. "someone said that they saw a figure on the second floor's library, luring everywhere as it goes."

"we shouldn't be talking about this," her friend spoke up, her hands trembling as she gripped the hem of her skirt. "lets not ever brought anything related to that in our conversation."

the same female student scoffed, "why, are you scared? it's not like they're going to haunt us everywhere, it's just this school."

"seungkwan made a huge uproar before and nothing happened nor to him, just the same feeling we felt everyday."

jihoon who have eavesdropped the girls conversation, butted in with a deep sighed. "don't underestimate what spirits can do, and we promised not to talk about it for the sake of our town."

the trembling girl couldn't take it and ran off, leaving them behind. the female student glared at jihoon before her eyes soften and ran to catch up with her.

jihoon sighed once again, looking around the hallway to find himself alone. he hope he won't be seeing things, just like the rumours of someone who did, which was true.

"jihoon!" someone shouted and the poor young boy flinched and turned to see who it was.

"please in the name of the lawrd.. don't shout without a warning!" jihoon slapped seokmin's arm and clasped his beating chest.

"hehe sorry, i got excited seeing you around," seokmin chuckled, smiling widely at jihoon. "anyways, have you seen seungkwan?"

jihoon got back his composure and shook his head. "haven't seen him around since music class," he responded.

seokmin's lips curved into a frown, "where on earth he headed off to?"

both the boys walked together on the chilly hallway to their class, when abruptly they felt a sensation so familiar, terror-stricken. the atmosphere have gotten even colder than before, the boys tried hard not to say anything about it.

seokmin turned around, seeing nothing but an empty hallway. however, he knows something is with them, his intuition says so and from the expression of jihoon's, he felt the same thing as he did.

"we should head back to our class quick, next lesson is about to start any minute," seokmin said, nudging on jihoon's arm.

"a-ah yes.. we should, see you later seok," jihoon forcefully smiled at him as he quicken his pace to go back to class, same goes to seokmin.

however, the boys never reached to their class.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

•─────✧─────•