chapter four

The School Of The Curse' SEVENTEEN

after that day, everything going around the school have gotten more and more colder than before. some students stayed and some didn't attend, in fact, everyone is scared.

wherever they go, the feeling of the spirits following them won't stop. it's unusual and much more creepier.

"i have the feeling that they're on each of every locations here, all the ones that burried under this school," wonwoo assumed, looking at the view from the rooftop with all of his friends.

the other boys, except seungcheol, were terrified to hear that. seungkwan's hand started to tremble in fear and seokmin noticed it, calming the poor boy by patting his back and hugged him.

"it's going to be okay, right?" vernon asked. "i want to leave but.. it's too risky and i can't leave my family behind."

"think positive, if our seniors were able to survive from the mass killing by spirits in our school before, so can we," joshua reassured, looking at everyone with a small smile.

wonwoo tch-ed and looked at him. "how can you be so sure that everyone on this roof will survive?" he asked and all's attention goes to him. "how can we think positive now when it just started? it's useless, we'll all die."

"i think you're the one who's going to die first," minghao spoked up and jun nudged his arm to stop. "you're the negative thinker here, injecting our minds with your negative thoughts and surely it's going to be your fault we'll be following your steps to death."

"minghao don't..." jeonghan pulled his arm but minghao yanked it away.

the boy glared at wonwoo and looked at everyone. "look at us, we're a lot and we are friends for goodness sake. friends are suppose to work together, not putting ourselves in situation where we'll definitely die!"

"so please, think before you say those pathetic words and don't make us fall into your death steps."

no one said a word after that. it was silence and the only thing they hear was the wind howling.

chan curled his lips, tensed by the atmosphere created by wonwoo and minghao. the boy sighed as he looked down, and once he looked up, something caught his eye from the view in front of him.

"g-guys.." he stuttered, pointing somewhere. "w-what is that?"

•─────✧─────•

the boys ran from the rooftop to the field behind their school, and at the end of the field is a never-ending forest to nowhere.

what chan saw was something unexpected and when he told everyone what he saw, seungcheol's eyes were wide and started running. everyone followed the older boy.

some students noticed it too, and ran towards the end of the field. the view from the rooftop wasn't clear as it's covered by too much trees but once you get a clearer view from the field... it's more horrifying.

"... what is happening.." mingyu muttered by the horrendous sight.

some students screamed and some ran away. teachers and also the principal of the school gathered and gasped by the sight in front of them.

approximately about 40 students have hang themselves... their faces have turned purple by suffocating from their own weight on their neck. it's horrible, gruesome and evil..

it can't be their choice... it's impossible. minghao thought. how can these much pupils hang themselves all at once?

minghao was in deep of thoughts and seungcheol stood beside him. "we can't do anything, can we?" he asked. "we could end up just like them if we weren't careful, or even when we are, we can't stop them from playing evil tricks on us."

"it looks as if they were manipulated," minghao said and seungcheol looked at him confused. "the spirits here died because of a disease, not a suicide. they won't enter a body to do that because they never wanted to be dead."

"so they manipulate them to hang themselves? as in they whisper to their ear?" seungcheol asked and the boy nodded.

minghao bit his lips and looked away from the horrible sight and to seungcheol. "it could be that way. i assumed that they have weak minds, the one that overthinks too much about their life and their death."

"evil spirits will always go for the weak and timid ones, it's an advantage to kill more."