my head upon your lap?

love in my arms, and the sun in my eyes

my head upon your lap?

 

«Fair maiden, may I rest my head upon your lap?» Moonbyul asks.

 

Yongsun looks up from the manga adaption of Hamlet she’s reading. She’s sitting outside in the back garden, the dog is curled up by her feet, the cat is lying on top of the table, basking in the warm sun.

 

«I don’t think that’s quite what Hamlet says to Ophelia.» Yongsun says, putting the book down.

 

«No, but may I still rest my head upon your lap, my dearest Yongsun?»

 

«I don’t know how, but you make it sound like we’re fifty or something. Or that we live in the romantic era.»

 

«Perhaps both?» Moonbyul teases, sitting beside Yongsun and wrapping an arm around Yongsun’s shoulder.

 

Yongsun turns in Moonbyul’s embrace, smiling so that her eyes crinkle. «Moon Byulyi, there is no other time or place in the universe I would rather be than in this garden here with you.» She says playfully, meaning every word.

 

«Is that true?» Moonbyul responds teasingly, gently pressing her forehead against Yongsun’s.

 

And as if words might not be enough to convince Moonbyul, Yongsun brushes her lips against Moonbyul’s. Soft, sweet, gentle, enough to convince Moonbyul that there is no better place on this earth than being right here in this garden with Yongsun.