flowers

love in my arms, and the sun in my eyes

flowers

 

Yongsun likes to find new hobbies. Moonbyul likes to watch.

 

One bright morning, Moonbyul sees Yongsun talking to the plants outside in the back garden. Yongsun’s been growing hydrangeas for a few years, they’re in full bloom now, blue and pink and purple flowers, giving colour to the space outside.

 

She’s wearing these pink gardening gloves that she insisted on buying because they looked ‘spiffy’, and a white watering can. The sun’s not at its zenith yet, making it a perfect time to do some gardening, which involves pulling out weeds.

 

Yongsun likes primroses as well as hydrangeas and had found some while out on a walk a few days ago. She carefully took them home and added them to the garden. They’re small and yellow, reminding Yongsun of easter.

 

«Look at you guys!» She smiles while watering the new primroses. «You fit right in!» She laughs.

 

Moonbyul hides her smile behind the coffee cup she’s holding. She takes a sip, forgetting how hot it is and burns her tongue. 

 

«You all right in there?» Yongsun calls, but there’s a glint in her eyes, warmth in her voice.

 

«I’m fine,» is Moonbyul’s reply as she pulls a face, sticking out her tongue. «Just burnt myself on the coffee.» She frowns.

 

Yongsun walks up to the open kitchen window, leaning her elbows on the windowsill. Moonbyul leans on the kitchen counter, coming closer to Yongsun. She can smell the jasmine bush all the way inside the kitchen. Yongsun had insisted on getting a plant that smelled, and had decided on a small jasmine bush, which had now grown to be twice her size.

 

«Having fun out there?» Moonbyul asks, chuckling to herself.

 

Yongsun nods, then leans in even closer and pecks Moonbyul on the nose. «Mhm,» she hums, «you should join me once you’re done with your coffee.» And goes back to weeding and watering.