keys

love in my arms, and the sun in my eyes

keys

 

Moonbyul wakes up before the alarm. She quickly goes to turn it off so it doesn’t wake Yongsun who’s asleep beside her, face buried in the pillows, limbs sticking out from under the covers.

 

The sun filters in through the window. Moonbyul yawns loudly, then covers with her hand. She gets out of her pyjamas and pulls on a shirt and some loose pants.

 

Her hair’s a mess, face tired with sleep. She looks at herself in the long mirror before she goes into the kitchen to brew coffee for the both of them and a bowl of cereal for herself.

 

Yongsun follows her into the kitchen a bit later when Moonbyul’s about to leave for work. She’s still sleepy and rubs her eyes tiredly.

 

«I’m off.» Moonbyul says after looking at the clock. She puts away her dishes, gathers her things and goes out into the hallway to put her shoes on and grab her coat.

 

«You forgot something.» Yongsun calls, walking into the hallway where Moonbyul is standing, ready to leave.

 

«Oh.» Moonbyul’s eyebrow shoot up, her eyes go wide with realisation. She walks up to Yongsun and presses her lips to her forehead. «Sorry.» She whispers.

 

Yongsun giggles, then kisses Moonbyul back, but on the lips this time. She smiles against Moonbyul’s lips and feels Moonbyul smiling back. But then she pulls away.

 

«I actually meant these.» Yongsun says holding out the keys for Moonbyul to take. «Not that I’m complaining, of course, the kiss was a nice gesture.»