dance

love in my arms, and the sun in my eyes

dance

 

Take it from a dancer when they say it’s difficult to find a perfect dancing partner.

 

Whether it’s ballroom dancing, choreographed duets, improvised duets —whatever, a perfect dancing partner is hard to come by.


A perfect partner is someone who listens, someone who knows how to lead and when to follow, when to give up control and when to take it. A perfect partner is someone who will challenge you, and will bring out the best in you.

 

They won’t change you or your movements, they’ll match you with their own movements — their own style, and you both will feed off each other. In some weird sense you become stronger.

 

And when you do find that someone, you know it’s right. Everything fits perfectly, and you don’t ever want to stop dancing with them, even when you’re tired, exhausted, or when you’ve spent all your energy, your legs are sore and aching, and you can’t stand any longer —the feeling you felt in the moment never leaves. It stays and grows and looks forward to the next time you’ll get to dance together again.

 

You just know they’re the one for you, and somehow, by some fantastic miracle, they know it too, they’ve felt what you’ve felt, they’ve understood it. You feel less alone because of it, and hopefully they feel less alone, too.

 

Moonbyul has found a perfect partner in Yongsun. They move in perfect synchronisation across the floor, Moonbyul’s hand around Yongsun’s waist, Yongsun’s hand upon Moonbyul’s shoulder.

 

Their movements aren’t graceful, they aren’t sharp, they aren’t smooth, they don’t flow like water, they don’t soar like birds. But still, they dance their dance and it’s perfect, and it makes them feel less alone, like they’ve found a home.

 

And it is rare to find someone like that: someone who understands you more than you understand yourself, someone who can see what you’ll do next and be there waiting for you.