oo7

THE DONOR (NCT Johnny FanFiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo7

 

 

"Does it look like we love each other?" 

 

"Look at us, married for a decade but nothing works out for the two of us..."

 

"I guess we're just good at acting it out."

 

This truth marks Na Jaeeun's memories as a young kid, regarding her parents' marriage. 

 

Like most children of business tycoons, Jaeeun's parents were arranged to marry each other for the sake of strengthening one another's business and widening connections. 

 

And what strengthens the bond of a married couple other than having a child of their own, right?

 

Guess there's none. 

 

An heir to both the famillies' royalties will bond the knot tighter for each, this she learned at a very young age.

 

"Why doesn't mom and dad come to fetch me?" Four year-old Jaeeun looked up at her kindergarten teacher, eyes full of curiosity. She shook Teacher Do's pinky using her small hands when the older didn't look at her, busy eyeing the gates where parents and children walk in and out. 

 

"Eh? I'm sorry?" Do Yunhee looked down at the pouting cute girl, instantly beaming at her. She knelt down to be of the same level at Jaeeun to ask her again. "What is it that you're saying?" 

 

"I'm saying..." Jaeeun started, curling her hands on the teacher's apron, her lips forming a pout once more. 

 

"Why is it that mom and dad never come to fetch me?" She looked down, this time focusing her eyes on her foot that was playing with the grass. "Why is it always uncle Song who was fetching me?" The toddler grumbled. 

 

"Jaeeun-ah..." Ms. Do chuckled, lifting the child's chin using both hands, gradually letting of the her small hands that was once on her pinky. 

 

She's too cute to be true. 

 

"Hm?" Jaeeun answered with a cute pout and a small frown on her face, her knuckles resting on her hips. This made the teacher laugh even more at her antics. 

 

She truly is a bright kid. 

 

"Do you know why mom and dad don''t fetch you?" Jaeeun shook her head. 

 

"That's because they're very busy with work so they could save in the future and be with Jaeeun's side all the time. So you should be a good girl and study hard until the time comes, alright?" 

 

That sentence was enough to put a loving smile on the kid's face and she nodded enthusiastically.

 

"If you like, we can ask your parents to fetch you the next time, okay? Let's ask uncle Song to deliver your request to both your parents."

 

--

 

The loud smashing and the sound of something breaking woke young Jaeeun up from her deep slumber. Clutching her favorite teddy by the side of the bed, she carefully stepped out of her room going towards the top of the stairs, peeking through the railings to see both her parents on each couch at the living room. There were also shards of the broken vase—what she knows used to be situated on the center table—all over the floor.

 

Her father had his hands raking though the strands of his hair while her mother's palms were covering her face, sobbing painfully. 

 

Feeling her parents' emotions get through her, Jaeeun clutched her teddy closer to her chest, tears pooling at her eyes. She doesn't know what's going on, she can't understand anything but she can feel their pain. 

 

Specially her mother's.

 

"What should we do?" Her mother asked, removing her palms away from her face. She shook her head after a while. "This was never included in the plan." She sniffed. 

 

"What should we do then?" Mr. Na asked, intently eyeing the woman.

 

"What do you want me to do?!" Mrs. Na stood up all of a sudden, her voice booming with anger. "Should I just abort this child? Just because none of us wanted it? I'm not a murderer, Na Haesung!"

 

Not anymore wanting to hear more, Jaeeun ran back to her room then threw the covers on her body as she tried her best to let sleep take over her. 

 

Which, sadly, didn't. 

 

-- 

 

During the parents day on her 3rd grade in elementary, none of Jaeeun's parents came, but it was alright for her. 

 

Her parents were busy making money for her, so she would be a good girl and study hard until the time comes that her parents doesn't need to work anymore. Anyways, she could just surprise them at home. 

 

She smiled at the chocolates she prepared during their H.E. Class. She couldn't wait to let her parents taste the first-ever self made chocolates.

 

Oh, don't forget Jaeminie too. He was too young to have a sweet tooth and it's her responsibility as an elder sister to spoil her brother. 

 

--

 

"Why isn't dad home yet?" Jaeeun asked Mrs Na who was holding young Jaeminie tightly while she fed herself. The mother looked at her eldest shortly before focusing her attention back on the toddler in her arms. 

 

"Aigoo, be careful, be careful." She whispered, obviously fond of the little boy's antics she almost forgot her other child was asking her a question. 

 

"Don't mind him and just eat, Jaeeun. He will be home late because of the hectic schedule at the company."

 

The girl's lips formed a thin line. Squeezing her chocolate, she heaved a deep sigh before smiling a little. 

 

Hearing her sighing, Mrs. Na looked at her daughter with a frown on her face. "Are you sighing?" She asked sternly that made the girl shut instantly. 

 

If it wasn't for the toddler who accidently dropped his baby spoon to the floor, Mrs. Na would have keep the staring contest between her and her daughter.

 

"Aigoo, you made a mess, Jaemin-ah." She cooed and reached for the dropped utensil, completely ignoring her eldest who was feeling heavy inside.

 

"I-I-I made something f-for you," Jaeeun announced, a lump forming at . "I'll leave it in the cupboard I-i-if you want a taste."

 

She left for her room after that, leaving the woman with a heavy heart as she tried her best to ignore the pain she feels for her daughter. 

 

I'm sorry, Jaeeun-ah. 

 

--

 

Na Jaeeun remembered accompanying Mrs Na on her grandmother's ninth death anniversary and she took the chance to ask her about her parents unusual relationship. 

 

"Why is it that dad's not here with us?" She asked right after Mrs. Na offered her prayers towards her late mother. 

 

Focusing on her mother's tomb, Eunha sighed deeply before side eying her daughter. "Why must he be here?" She asked back, instead of answering. 

 

That got Jaeeun frowning. "Why shouldn't he? It's his mother-in-law's death anniversary? He could stop by and pay due respect. Isn't it?" 

 

"The thing between me and your dad, isn't genuine. You must know that, Jaeeun." 

 

Her frown deepened. "Huh?"

 

"We never loved each other." She started, smiling sadly. "It was all for business. Nothing more, nothing less."

 

"Does it look like we love each other?" 

 

The younger's eyes widened, shocked by all the revelation coming from her mother. Was this the reason why they never occupied the same room at home? 

 

Just then, in the heat of the moment, her thoughts wandered back at the time when they were having an argument that night. 

 

"What do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter