The Black Door

Eight Point Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone fasten your seatbelts and sit upright in your seats, as we have now arrived at your destination. Thank you for choosing Incheon International Airlines!" 

 

Minho smiled as he sat reached over next to his seat and pulled out his carry-on bag and placed it in his lap. He did all of this without moving from his upright position, a skill he had mastered over his entire life of traveling several times a year. He was now going on a much needed vacation to one of the places he had been looking forward to for as long as he could remember: Germany. Standing to his feet as soon as he was allowed to, he threw his bag over his shoulder and followed the rest of the passengers off of the plane and into the airport to get his luggage. Waiting for his large orange bag to come into view on the conveyer belt, he pulled it off and let it drop onto the ground before pulling it along behind him. Reaching into his carry-on, he found his phrasebook and continued toward to exit. Glancing around, he saw that there were several European travellers, knowing that his Asian features would make him stand out like a sore thumb, but he wasn't very concerned about that. This would be his first vacation that he had paid for with his own money, and he was very pround of that, and determined to not waste this opportunity. 

 

Pulling his cell phone out of his pocket, he was glad that he had brushed up on his basic phrases well enough to call a cab. After hanging up, he walked over to a vending machine to order a large bottle of water some kind of candied nuts that he couldn't read. It was about the experience, after all! He figured that a little bit of mystery wouldn't hurt anything at all. 

 

Five minutes later, he was inside a cab and on his way to the hotel he had booked in advance two months beforehand. Handing over the newly exchanged euro, he thanked the cab driver again and headed up the stairs to his room. He hoped to get at least one hour of sleep before heading out and exploring the city, but that was never a solid promise.

 

Opening the door to his hotel room, he locked it again before sinking down onto the soft, comfortable bed. Closing his eyes, he attempted to fall asleep for a little while. Instead, his mind took his back to all of the times he had been given the "chance to travel", being sent off to a relative in another city, or to a school that would prove to be torture to a weird, somewhat quiet boy who preferred the company of cats to people. His parents had never abused him, but that also hadn't been warm or caring, either. Minho had always been the last priority, therefore instilling the notion that he was the least important part of his parents' lives. It had been a very lonely childhood, but now he could look forward to making a good life for himself and his cats, leaving all of the bad memories in the past where they belonged. Finally standing back up, he pulled out his pyjamas and changed, turning on a sleep melody from his phone to help him nod off this time. Within five minutes, he could feel the effects of it, falling into a deep, exhaustd sleep. 

 

 

For the next week, Minho spent his time exploring Germany and its culture, fascinated by the immense history. It was also a nice escape from his job as a coffee shop manager. He had never done anything that was just for him, and that was why he saw this as so important for him to save up for and finally do. It was a way of taking back some of his idenity that had been stolen from him by society and it was nice to breathe a breath of fresh air. On top of that, this was a good time to do some sight-seeing. Pulling out the brocure, he scanned over the things he had already done, such as visiting the Cologne Cathedral and taking a boat ride along the Rhine Valley. Now he just wanted to do something normal, noticing that there was an escape room that he could visit. Smiling to himself, he put a checkmark by it, promising himself that he would go check that out next. Hoping he would have the luxury of everything being explained to him in at least English when he got there, he raised his hand to hail a cab. 

 

The cab ride to the local mall was short, and Minho felt himself becoming excited about the escape room, more intesely the closer he got to it. Once the cab pulled up to the mall, he thanked the blond cab driver, paying him and making his way into the large mall. Once inside, he headed straight for the escape room, he noticed the word Fluchtraum, which meant Escape Room, across the entrance of the dark wood of the escape room house.

 

There were several to choose from, and as Minho made his way down the dimly lit, mysterious hall, he noticed one that had a black, steel door with strange carvings on the top of it. Pushing his coins through the pay slot, he open the door when it popped ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter