The Tower of Levanter

Eight Point Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mage Minjun led them down a beautiful, black stone hall with carvings of the five elements all over them, along with strange swirls that immediately gave Minho the same bad feeling he had experience twice before then. As they walked, he turned to Mage Minjun with an engaging smile. He wasn't expecting the flat, serious look he got in return, but simply brushed it off and continued with his question. 

 


"What's the meaning of all the symbols on the walls? They're very interesting to me, and I'm not from these parts," Minho didn't eleborate with telling the mage he was from Earth, which gained him a quick, seemingly approving nod from Chris. 
 

 

"Ah, yes. Those are old symbols that were placed by the first mages of Levanter, when they first gained power over the rulers of Levanrya. No matter where you're from in this land, you probbly know that the takeover was for the good of all people, and having the mages in control over everything is a wonderful thing, and the best defense for the country," Mage Minjun explained all of this with a very haughty, snobbish air to his tone, something Minho was almost certain he had intended to intimidate him. He had dealt with bosses that had acted in this manner, so was used to it by now and undeterred. 

 

Minho felt a strange vibe from the mage, disagreeing with him that it was for the good of the people, but rather good for the pockets and egos of the mages. That was how most goverments worked, no matter what world he happened to be in. There was either absolute rule that passed down through a monarchy, or something placed by the government, but all "for the good of the people". He felt that this wasn't the place or time to argue the point, though, since they had come to a black door.

 

Minho smiled grimly, noticing that Chris had glanced at him when he had gotten nervous. "I'm just sick of passing through black doors, that all," he muttered to the other man and noticing that he felt nervousness coming from Chris, as well. He was curious about their connection, but knew that was definitely something to discuss in private, and not by any means in the presence of someone who could kill with a simple word or gesture...or however Mages worked.

 

Minho was so caught up in the tense situation that he jumped slightly when he felt Chris' hand on the small of his back. An involuntary chill ran down his spine, and he wasn't quite sure what he thought of it. Yes, it was to reassure him that everything was alright, but that didn't make it any less awkward. Stepping to the side just enough to remove the other man's hand from his back, he smiled at him in an apologetic way before turning his attention to where they were going.
 

 

Mage Minjun opened the door, and they were met by another mage dressed in robes similar to Mage Minjun's, but purple and black instead of red and black. Minho noticed how Mage Minjun's eyes softened when he smiled at the other man, the action speaking many more volumes than any words could have. "This is my work partner and husband, Mage Wooyoung. Wooyoung, these are the other three Sha'nevan, so we will be working with them, as well."

 

Mage Wooyoung nodded, smiling at them with a smile that seemed to be somewhat less fake than Mage Minjun's. "Welcome to the Tower of Levanter. We wil be happy to work with you," his gaze fell on Chris and Felix, gaining a quick smile from Felix and a stern look from Chris. This time, Minho could feel unease coming from him, but was agan curious at not feeling anything from Felix. "I haven't met this one," he stated, looking straight at Minho. "My name is Wooyoung Kim, and I'm one of the ruling mages here in Levanrya. And you are...?"

 

"Minho Lee, sir. It's nice to meet you," Minho didn't actually feel that way, but knew that he needed to be polite to him. "What was we actually supposed to do here, and why do we have these rings that just...appeared the other night?" He knew that this might not be the time to ask such questions, but also knew that if he was going to get answers, he may as well get them now, rather than later. 

 

"They chose you, which is something we'll explain later on, once you meet the other five," As Wooyoung spoke, Minho noticed a look of resentment cross Minjun's face, something that set him ill at ease. He wasn't sure why the man had something against him...or them already, but didn't like it at all. "Come this way," he said, reaching foward and opening the door at the end of the hall. 

 

Once inside, Minho noticed that there was a long, white table with ornate carvings on it. This made him wonder if the table was inspelled, as well. He also noticed that there were five other young men seated at the table, but one of them stood to his feet when they entered. The tall, thin man glanced at them, and Minho could feel a closed air about him, knowing that he was likely just as unapproachable as he was himself. The other man sized him up, but Minho noticed that the man who was seated next to where he had stood up from placed a hand on his leg. The actions and demeanor of the one who had stood up made Minho want to simply walk out, knowing when he was unwelcome, but was stopped by Felix's hand on his arm. The short young man smiled at him gently, turning his attention to the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter