The End and Beginning

Eight Point Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho found it very hard to sleep that night, despite being tired from their journey. It was partly the magnitude of the weight that was now being placed on them to win this fight against evil, with the fate of the realm riding on this. If they failed to defeat the spell, the world would collapse and and thousands of people would die, with the blame being placed on them, even though they would likely die in the process.

 

However, if they defeated the spell and overturned everything, people might still be angry with them for taking down the Tower of Levanter. To Minho, it didn't seem like a huge win either way, since both scenatios could end in death. Glancing over at Felix's sleeping form, comfortable in Jaehyun's arms, Minho remembered that the Mages could have killed Felix without feeling even a tiny bit of remorse. That alone gave him the strength to go through with this, no matter what he had to do in the process.

 

Reaching down, he felt the other reason for not finding the rest he needed. Chris was sound asleep with his face tucked firmed against Minho's back, a feeling that he was having a hard time rationalizing. All he could think about was that it felt right, and natural. Smiling, he knew that he had his mind made up: he would defeat this evil for them, if for no other reason. He wouldn't let them down, and that included Hyunjin. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on how good it felt to be so close to the other man. At that moment, nothing could go wrong. Everything was perfect. Keeping that notion in his mind, he finally fell asleep at some point, drifting into a dreamless state.

 

Early the next morning, Chris woke everyone up and worked with Jaehyun to explain everything to the people in the room who hadn't heard their conversation from the night before. Hyunjin looked like he would rather still be asleep, but managed to listen to him well enough to grasp what was going on and what they needed to do. If Jaehyun was convinced that if they got somewhere that they could practice using their power together safely, they would not only become stronger together, but also draw the Mages out through the spell they had created to destroy the world with. They needed to get far enough away from the town and buildings, so that if they hurt anyone, it wouldn't be the innocent people that were around. 

 

Riding for about an hour or so, Minho could feel the crisp, cold air, but also saw a large clearing ahead of them that they could not only pratice working together, but also combine their power in a way that would surely draw the spell and Mages back to their attention. This time they would be ready for them, and also at full strength and with the proper amount of power to fully take it on this time.

 

Getting off of his horse, Minho followed the others to the clearing, concentrating on the power that he felt coming from the ring that was on his finger. Imagining it as a flame inside of him, he pictured all of the pain and ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter