The Touch of Evil

Eight Point Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Traveling through the air, the shards of the Eternity Sphere finally settled on the form it would take to disguise itself from its enemies, it had split into eight parts, and the humans who would use them. This power would give them the ability to fix the inbalances in the world, taking down the evil that existed, which was why it was so important to protect it from evil and be split into more than one part. Settling on the ones it found to be best suited for it, the power seeped into the bones of the chosen bearers, waiting to be realized. 

 

 

Waking up in the middle of the night, Minho felt a tickle on his right middle finger. Reaching to scratch it, he felt something alarming, sitting up quickly. When that had happened in the past, he had always known that something bad was going to happen. Turning on his light, he saw that there was a candle and small piece of flint to start a fire with. That was when he vaguely remembered that he was in a different world, and that this was a totally different kind of vacation he was taking now. Striking the flint together, sticking it into the lantern. Once it was burning and he could see, he inspected his finger and saw that, to his surprise, there was a thin golden ring on his finger, a strange light still radiating from it. Unsure of how it had gotten there, he was only sure of one thing, and that was checking on the others in the small house he was staying in. Making his way to Chris' bedroom, he knocked on the door quietly. 

 

"Yes?" Chris looked up at him from his cross-legged position on his bed. Minho noticed that he was inspecting his own finger, so knew that this conversation might be easier than first expected. "Did you get one, too? I've heard that this could happen, but am dumbfounded by why it would pick me. If it picked Felix, as well, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it."

 

Minho stared at him for a moment, wondering what the chances would be of something choosing him over anyone else for any reason. "So, you got one, too? What are they, and where do they come from?" 

 

Chris smiled at him, shaking his head. "I know they're magical, so will have to be turned into the Council, so I guess we'll be heading over there soon." He turned back to his ring, staring at it again. "I just hope Felix didn't get one. I know that's not very nice, but I have a duty to him. I swore to protect him, and will stick to that, no matter what. If this will put him in danger, I don't need that."

 

Now knowing how beautiful Felix was, Minho felt something stir inside of him that felt very close to jealosy. That was something he found just as strange as the rings, since he hadn't know Chris for more than a few hours. He never got close to others, so this was odd to him now. "I see...kind of. How do you know Felix? Where did you meet him?" Minho laughed quietly, feeling a tiny bit silly for asking. "I'm just curious." 

 

Chris studied him, and as he did so, Minho noticed that his face had flushed a bit. "Fe is like a brother to me. We've known one another for four years, and I would do anyhing for him," his lips curled into a tiny smile, which only added on the jealousy in Minho. Sighing softly, Chris continued. We met at the Captial, a few years ago, when I was still working...for them, and he was in their care. He's a sweet kid, but is also vunerable, so if you hurt him, I'll kill you. Sorry, but that's how I feel toward anyone, so there's no need to feel like I'm targetting you specifically. I'm not."

 

Minho nodded, wishing that someone would have that kind of loyalty toward him, and also wishing that he would have the capacity to have that kind of loyalty, in return. "That's a good thing to have between the two of you." He glanced at his hand again, pulling his mind back to main problem here and dismissing all of his other questions. "So, we have to turn these into the Tower of Levanter or something? Why, when we're the ones who...they found? Isn't that kind of finders keepers? I can literally feel some kind of power building inside of me, and that didn't start happening until this ring was on my finger. It doesn't make sense at all." 

 

Chris smiled at him, trying to take the ring off. When it wouldn't budge, he knew this to be true. "I think these rings chose us because we were worthy of them, which is something I read about years ago as a prophesy. It said that an eight-point star would arise to save the realm from great evil, but I'm not sure if this is it, or even what this great evil is. All I know is that if we don't turn them in, they'll come after us and probably force us to work for them." He laughed in what Minho guessed was a nervous way. 

 

"I see. So you think there's eight out there somewhere, including us, and we can trust this Council to do the right thing and not screw us over? I don't know about that, personally," Minho crossed his arms in a defensive manner, a habit he had formed a long time ago and something that he did if he was unsure about something. "I'm not the type to take someone's word for anything, so you'll have to show me that this is worth it. I'm sorry, but that's how it'll have to be. But you know, I was simply curious about this, so we can talk more about it in the morning, right?" 

 

Chris cocked his head to the side, studying Minho in a way that made him a bit uncomfortable. "What happened to make you view people in the way you do? I'm just curious. I know it's none of my business, but I do like to help people."

 

Minho shook his head, shifting from one foot to the other nervously. "It doesn't matter, honestly. It's also none of your business, like you just said. No offense. Thank you for being concerned, though. We can just work together if we need to, but stay out of my personal business, okay?" Backing away, he felt sorry that he had brought it up, with the turn the conversation had taken. "It's late, and I think tomorrow is going to be a long day, if we get this figured out soon. Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter