[ ❀ ] 005.

Dear Mr. Detective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is a reason enough to celebrate.”
— Callie Torres.

 

Her office was on the second floor, just below the intensive care unit and just above the operating rooms. She sighed as she took off her surgical cap and untied her hair. “Close the door.” She said just as Jongin was the last to walk in. He closed the door while she plopped down in her chair. “Explain now.” She said, eyeing Baekhyun and Junmyeon then Sehun and Jongin. “What do you mean that was your victim?”

 

“Unsub’s attacked again,” Sehun replied after minutes of silence. It’s only been three days, and there was another case already? “You were right,” Junmyeon said, looking down, “he attacked in my district.” Nari raised her brows as she stared at the four. “You’re serious? You’re telling me this unsub purposely left the patient partially alive?” Junmyeon sighed, hands in his pockets: “When I got to the scene, it mirrored all the same. Same pose, same weapon but the victim was still breathing. I called Baekhyun and said we’re merging the cases right after.”

 

“I don’t understand,” Nari mentioned, hand resting under her chin. “the patient’s alive—in critical condition, but he’s alive. The unsub almost never misses, so what happened this time?”

 

“I don’t know,” Baekhyun said. “Every time I’ve talked to the morgue in the last five years… the aim to the heart was a straight kill. They died almost immediately.”

 

“Your analysis on the hand was what also brought the case to light,” Sehun mentioned. “The unsub puts the gun in the victim’s hand to make them look like they have shot themselves in the heart. The position of the bullet puncturing the heart is not tilted nor looked like they shot themselves.” Nari raised a brow to Sehun as her elbows began to hurt against her chair’s armrest. “The shot is a clean straight shot, always hitting the center of the heart. The wound applied to this victim is unusual of him, as you said.”

 

“So are you implying that he missed?”

 

“Possibly.”

 

“We need to talk to him, Na,” Junmyeon mentioned, glancing to her direction. “You can, but it’s not going to be today or tomorrow. It could be a couple of days or week. He won’t even be awake to help you until whenever his body will allow him.” “So, we’re just going to have to wait?” Nari sighed, rolling her eyes as she crossed her fingers over her desk. “Look,” she uttered, “damage to the aortic arch is severe. I took a chance to bypass his arteries and repair the damage. He could have died in my hands; do you understand how hard it is to cope with that? He had an eighty-five to ninety percent change of dying with an operation like that. Oh, did I mention that if his blood pressure dropped, his body would have gone into shock and die too?” She asked, staring at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter