[ ❀ ] 001.

Dear Mr. Detective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hate: it has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet.”

                                                                                                   — Maya Angelou.

 

The buzzing of her phone scared the living daylights out of her as she blinked, taking ahold of her device into her hand. “Another case?” Her fellow doctor asked, giving her a questionable look. A sigh escaped her lips as she nodded her head: “It’s my brother,” she uttered, “it seems like a big one—I should head out there.” Of course, she loved her job being in the hospital. It gave her a sense of normality away from her other job with the government in forensics/criminalistics. It was no thanks to her double-major degrees in medicine and law enforcement—years of sweat and tears trying to survive college, and it didn’t help that her brother was the only support system she had to get through the toughest times of her life. Maybe it all because she didn’t know what to do with her life and set herself to suffer in studying in two different majors.

 

Now that she was on the same level as her brother, things have gotten so much easier on her.  Her student loans? Decreasing every 2 weeks—or at least as much as much as she can pay after her monthly bills.

 

“Hey,” her coworker called out, “don’t worry. I got this—it’s not like I’m the one working on a full-on government job or have a brother who’s the chief of police.” He said with a laugh, and she held a smile. She thanked him and immediately shrugged off her white coat before jogging to her office to gather her things.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Baek!” She hollered, jogging into the crime scene. The man turned around, his black suit caressing at the shoulders. “It’s about time you got here, Na.” He called out as she rolled her eyes. “I got here as fast as I could, Baek. Besides, I was in the middle of analyzing a CT scan.” Baekhyun sighed as he shook his head, hand on her forearm as he led her into the scene. Her eyes bulging as she stared up to her brother. “How the hell—what’s they story?” She asked, taking a step forward. She had already noticed that her coworker, and Baekhyun’s best friend, was already on the job, snapping away with photo evidences.

 

“You’re late, Byun.”

 

Her eyes rolled as she straightened her back, turning away from the victim’s body. “Well, maybe you should’ve had someone call earlier instead of interrupting my other job.” She scowled, glaring at the much taller male. They were suddenly standing face to face with each other, and it was now a stare down to see who would cower first. The emotionless man felt nothing for anyone, and she even questioned how this man walks into a victim’s family home and not give sympathy to their families. He was the opposite of his partner, and her brother. A groan suddenly escaped a male’s lips as he came forward and pushed the two away from each other. Their eyes still locked on one another.

 

“That’s enough, Sehun. You’re lucky she even showed up for you.” said the male. She was the first to break eye contact to smile at the said male, realizing it was his partner: Kim Jongin.

 

“Thank you,” she said. Her eyes still glaring holes into Sehun before she stepped away. “Again,” she called out, “what’s the story?”

 

Baekhyun sighed, untucking his hand from his pocket to scratch his chin. “This is a murder-suicide case. Victim two: female, age 39. She took a hit to the head, skull crushed by a blunt object. Victim one: male, age 43. He took a shot at himself with revolver.” He said before she heard his voice take over: “Witness is their neighbor. She said she overheard them arguing about financial issues, or something when she was walking into her house. Said she was standing outside in case she needed to call the police or anything. But it sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter