N₂O

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please, READ:  Again, I am not an expert in the field of dentistry, procedures and activities done within this story are all based on what I’ve heard during my visits in the dental clinic or based on my researches. The procedure for this chapter where a surgery will be done are uncertain, such as: anesthesia, as there are different types of anesthesia, which will depend on the case of the patient on which among those types will be given. I am not familiar as well, with a lot of dental terminology, therefore, some of them might be wrong.

 

Hope you enjoy, again~ hahaha

 

­­­­­­

 

 

7

 

From: Doctor Kim

  Good morning, Yujin-ssi, do you perhaps drink alcohol?

 

 

Yujin’s brows twitched a bit.

 

 

To: Doctor Kim

Good morning. No, I don’t. Why?

 

From: Doctor Kim

   I was about to instruct you not to drink twenty-four hours before your surgery.

 

 

To: Doctor Kim

Ahh, hahaha. Okay, I thought you’re going to invite me for a drink.

 

 

It is already late… when Yujin realized what she just sent to the dentist. She threw her phone in the sofa, “Yah… Yah. Yah! YAH!”  and shouted at it as if it can hear her. Her hands covered her ears, massaged her face and covered to avoid more shouting.

 

 

She dramatically sat on the mini couch beside the one where her phone is lying, stared at it with surprise visible on her face, waiting for it to light up for notification, and it took for about two minutes till Doctor Kim responded…

 

 

Yujin jumped to the other sofa to grab the phone with her shaking hands, he opened the notification hoping that the dentist didn’t take it negatively.

 

 

From: Doctor Kim

    Why? Do you want to drink with me, Yujin-ssi?

 

 

She felt dizzy, really dizzy, during and after reading the reply that the dentist sent her. She,  “I-I… Doctor Kim, why are you like this?”  asked, brave enough as the dentist won’t hear her anyway. She tried typing a response, but there’s no words forming out of her mind, she thought, what should be a good response to that? Yet, even before she could think properly…

 

 

From: Doctor Kim

     Just kidding, Yujin-ssi. You said you don’t drink, right? I was really just about to tell you not to if ever you do. Anyway, I will brief you before the surgery. And by the way, your case isn’t complicated at all, so don’t worry.

 

 

Yujin, somehow, felt disappointed for an unknown reason. Probably, she assumed she will be drinking for the first time, and with her crush. It will be a total different experience from everyone, ‘get drunk with your crush’. She pouted, and looked at the reply of the dentist for a short period of time, her lips pressed together as she suddenly had a thought that her schedule for surgery will happen tomorrow.

 

 

To: Doctor Kim

I don’t worry at all, it’s you who will do it anyway.

 

 

These messages that have indirect manifestation of admiration and affection continued, both have small amount of courage, but one is a bit dense while the other one is choosing like a dense. For Minjoo, it is not new that some of her patient admire her, Yujin is not the first one, and although Yujin is different from Minjoo’s personal perspective, she can’t just go all in as she still needs to be the professional dentist to her client. Add to that, she is still not one hundred percent fine with her own self.

 

 

From: Doctor Kim

    I see, thank you for entrusting me. Good luck in your surgery~

 

 

To: Doctor Kim

I trust you. Thank you anyway.

 

 

From: Doctor Kim

    Take care, Yujin-ssi. See you tomorrow at eight in the morning.

 

 

To: Doctor Kim

Take care too, Doctor Kim~

 

 

Yujin then slid her body to lie on the couch, setting aside her phone. Her eyes stared at the ceiling, a smile formed on her lips, small, but sweet and genuine. She’s just a crush for her, Kim Minjoo. She just finds the dentist sweet, warm, kind and pretty. Even with just a few meetings, she already felt way too comfortable, which she doesn't question at all.

 

 

“Pretty…”  Yujin mumbled under her soft breath, the smile on her face shaped wider at the memory of the dentist’s full face reveal that day, the same day…

 

 

“But lonely…” That shoved her smile, as quickly as how a second passed.

 

 

The day she finally had the sight of the beautiful face she always desires to see, is the same day she saw the loneliest image of a person. Again, she’s just a crush, but why does she feel so sorry for that dentist who, supposedly, is just a crush? Is she being too soft, or was it because she’s seeking for more, for something else?

 

 

Counting twenty-four hours till her surgery, she doesn’t feel nervous at all. This is far way more than just dental pasta, more than dental cleaning and fluoride, but it eases her, that her oral surgeon is Doctor Kim herself.

 

 

Yujin rested for the following hours, had filed days of leave from their office as given that even if it’s just a wisdom tooth removal, it takes time of healing and needs a lot of resting. Now, as day is passing by and the night is approaching, she just waited…

 

 

Till it is time…

 

 

 

 

“Do you know how does it feels?”  Yujin asked as they waited in the longue of the dental clinic. It is currently 7:45am, early by fifteen minutes for the surgery.

 

 

“No, since I, fortunately, just needed to wear braces. But as far as I know, they’ll give you anesthesia like just a simple milk tooth removal. But I also heard, the sedation with the anesthetic is quite…”  Wonyoung looked at Yujin and gave her a teasing look, which made Yujin’s face tighten a little.

 

 

“Quite what?”  The latter asked, and Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders and answered,  “Quite like a drug, or an alcoholic beverage, will make you act like a you’re drunk, too drunk. I’ve seen a few videos of different patients, they all acted as if it’s not themselves.”

 

 

Yujin can’t blink as she listens to Wonyoung, she doesn’t know whether the friend is just scaring her or really saying the truth, but…

 

 

“That’s why I have to you from her till you’re back to yourself, that’s why I know. Remember, she asked you to bring someone to look after you for the following hours after the surgery. But anyway, Doctor Kim will explain it later, so let’s just wait.”

 

 

They waited, and at exactly eight…

 

 

“Good Moning, Doctor Kim.”  Employees bowed at the woman who just entered the glass door.

 

 

“Good morning.”  Surprisingly, the dentist…

 

 

“So pretty, Wonyoung-ah…”  Isn’t wearing any mask at this moment.

 

 

“Yah, Yujin-ah, I don’t want to be a bad friend, but I think, I have a crush on your crush.”  Every patient there, sitting on the steel benches is looking at the director of the dental clinic, fascinating as how she carries that white long dental coat that is slightly showing her pastel rose colored blouse and jeans, matching it with a pair of black heels.

 

 

The wind coming from the door where the dentist entered seemed like those in a drama series as it gave an air effect to the dentist when she tilted her head to look at the patients waiting for their turns, even her coat flew a little. But what was most noticeable was her hair flowing just perfectly, showing her face a little more.

 

 

“I won’t blame you.”  Yujin responded to Wonyoung a little late, but it’s a normal reaction from every employee there, in the dental clinic.

 

 

“Good morning, ladies. I’m not suggesting this to anyone, but if you want to see this type of scenario every visit, then you should book your appointment early in the morning.”  The two was distracted as a woman came to their side to tease them, it is Yuri.

 

 

Yuri gave them soft pats before laughing and approaching the dentist who’s talking to other dentists.

 

 

“Prettier when closer.”  Yujin commented, and Wonyoung just nodded.

 

 

They just watched the dentist talk, doing some smooth hand gestures while discussing something they are not aware of with the other dentist. The other employees are just nodding their heads respectfully while looking at the director in a way that says, they respect her and admire her the way they do.

 

 

 

Well, who wouldn’t?

 

 

Yujin and Wonyoung were both alerted when they saw Minjoo finally talking to Yuri, who seems to be pointing at them. Wonyoung b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter