Promise (Epilogue)

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

       After months of courtship, Yujin, finally, can get more than just a smile from her girlfriend, Minjoo. Laughs, jokes, and she is now able to witness every clumsiness that the professional dentist has, though she still finds her cool every time she would get to see her doing her duty as a professional.

 

 

“Don’t you really need my help?”  Minjoo asked, sitting on the couch in her living room, watching Yujin cook their dinner in her kitchen.

 

 

“I can manage, just rest there, I know what I’m doing this time.”  Yujin answered, can’t even spare a glance on the dentist as she focuses on her dishes.

 

 

Minjoo chuckled hearing the answer from the latter, the last time Yujin attempted to cook for the, they ended up eating just noodles.

 

 

“I thought I really could make it.”  Yujin pouted, stirring the noodles on the casserole, her back facing Minjoo who’s laughing silently.

 

 

“It’s okay, you can do better next time.”  Yujin faced Minjoo, shoulders dropped.

 

 

“But you shouldn’t eat just this, I should’ve just brought you somewhere.”  Disappointed, Yujin turned to the stove and tried focusing on cooking it, but Minjoo…

 

 

Yujin froze from her position, her knees wobbled and her stomach together with her heart felt like they were in the circus. She felt a pair of arms snaking around her waist, a warm body touching hers from her back.

 

 

“It’s okay, seeing you put efforts on these little things are already fine.”  Minjoo stated, resting her cheek on the taller’s back.

 

 

This is the first time she felt the embrace of the dentist.

 

 

“M-Min…”  Even before he could call her name properly, she was already stopped when she felt the hug tighten.

 

 

“Thank you.”  It’s a whisper, and yet loud enough to make Yujin’s heart pound.

 

 

She took Minjoo’s arm and loosened the embrace to face her sweet girlfriend and cup her face with her on warm palms.

 

 

“Thank you for being here.”  Minjoo spoke once more, directly looking at Yujin’s eyes, Yujin’s back.

 

 

Yujin giggled while brushing her thumbs on the cheeks of the woman.

 

 

“You wanna know a secret?”

 

 

Minjoo’s brows twitched in confusion, but nodded nonetheless.

 

 

“Back to those days when we’re still just the dentist and the client, it makes me feel either nervous or calm whenever you’re this close, doing your job, taking care of my teeth.”  A smile drawn on Minjoo’s lips.

 

 

“It feels so fascinating seeing you that close, and I always wonder what’s behind your mask, I am so curious while gazing on your perfect eyes. I once thought, you must be very pretty and guess what…”

 

 

“I was wrong…”  Minjoo’s face almost distorted, but Yujin hugged her back, tighter than she did, and placed down her chin on the shorter one’s shoulder.

 

 

“Because being just ‘very pretty’ is an understatement when it comes to you.”  Yujin then finished, and at that moment, she never failed… to keep a genuine smile on her dentist’s lips.

 

 

After having it flash in her mind, Minjoo stood up from the couch and walked towards Yujin who’s doing her best in cooking. She took a peak of what’s going on within the pan and the casserole, and she isn’t concerned whether there will be a mistake at all. She just appreciates Yujin, her efforts, how much time she’s lending, and how she’s consisten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter