Text Mates?

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5

 

     It is currently seven in the evening, already free from work, Wonyoung and Yujin, or maybe just another vacant night time for Yujin to text someone? And for Wonyoung to be ignored. It has been days, since the latter began to just focus on her phone, while smiling, giggling, and sometimes, even blushing.

 

"Yah!" Wonyoung almost yelled, catching Yujin's attention, removing her eyes from her phone.

 

"Are you even listening?" Yujin nodded, although Wonyoung can sense that if ever she will ask the woman in front of her to repeat what she had said, she won't be able to get an answer, so instead of mocking her friend, she just asked, "Who is it? Why are your thumbs like they are having a race with Flash? And why do you keep on smiling to that lifeless material?"

 

Yujin remained silent, a smile is still plastered on her face. Wonyoung can sense something familiar, the sparks surrounding Yujin. Wonyoung's eyes squinted as she examines Yujin's expression. Silence embraced the both of them, till Yujin laughed, making Wonyoung sigh deeply while crossing her arms and leaning back to the support of the chair.

 

"What is it? Tell me? You've never kept a secret from me, why do I feel like this is the first time?" Wonyoung is disappointed, but not for so long when, "Sorry, it's Doctor Kim, she forgot to text me earlier to remind me about the antibiotic, and now I'm teasing her, for forgetting something impo-..." Wonyoung didn't even let the friend finish the story, she just grabbed Yujin's phone and started scrolling up.

 

"Yah..." She kept on scrolling, scanning the text messages that the two had for days already.

 

"The two of you became text mates like, almost a week ago, and I'm finding it out only tonight!?" Yujin flinched from the couch in surprise as Wonyoung yelled. They are currently at Yujin’s flat, Wonyoung ate dinner with her as they went off work early enough to spend a little time together, after their stressing duty.

 

"Am I really your friend?" Wonyoung questioned, making Yujin hiss and look at her with the latter's brows forming a knot. "Why? It's not really much of a big deal to talk about," Yujin answered in defense.

 

"What!? She's your crush, Yujin! Everything counts!" Wonyoung emphasized, as if they are still in high school.

 

The conversations between the two is a little long already, but Yujin let her friend read everything, as if she's not worried. Well, there's really nothing to be worried about anyway. Each and almost every conversation they had just circulated within dentistry, about wisdom tooth, antibiotics, and wisdom tooth surgeries. And reading these things, "We talked about wisdom tooth too, but we never had a conversation like this." Suspicious, it is, for Wonyoung.

 

Yujin shrugged her shoulders and was about to take her phone back, but Wonyoung didn't let go and signaled her to stay still as she picks her phone from her pocket to check something.

 

The contact number.

 

It didn't take Wonyoung a lot of seconds to conclude that, "The number she used to message you isn't the same number I have." It is getting more suspicious, and even Yujin started thinking now.

 

"Doctor Kim never had given her personal number to anyone, Ahn Yujin-ssi." With formality due to jealousy, Wonyoung stated. And Yujin felt that, the sudden transformation of to a dry stone as she tries to gulp. The two doesn't know, but there's a tension between them, or about what’s happening.

 

"I mean, you gave her my number, right?"

 

"But the number she used for asking for it isn't this one. Look." Making a big deal out of it, Wonyoung showed Yujin both phones and compared the numbers used by the dentist.

 

"This must be her personal number, I mean... she replies fast. Fast for a director of a dental clinic, or even just for a dentist." Wonyoung commented, scrolling through Yujin’s phone again. A smirk, slowly, forming on her lips.

 

Even with her eyes focused on the phone, Yujin already felt the dark aura eating her kind friend. But disregarding that, "But why would she text me with her personal number? Maybe, because I kept on asking questions during my visits and..."

 

"She finds you as a special client?" Wonyoung gave her a look, a heavy one.

 

"No, I mean..." That's the same end point, Yujin consumed half a minute to find another reason, but that's where her sentence is actually going.

 

Then, Wonyoung just scrolled slowly, there are messages that are just, really disappointing as it contains nothing, but about teeth and gums. But there’s this one which sends mixed emotions: throw the phone while feeling her heart do some somersault.

 

To: Doctor Kim

Disregarding being your client, and since I already helped you.

If you will need someone to talk to, please know that I'm just here.

 

And that’s not the end of it because…

 

“Thank you, I will keep that in mind, Ahn Yujin-ssi. Good night.”

 

Yujin, pitiful, will surely have bruises and hand marks as Wonyoung kept on hitting her everywhere. Yujin felt joyful despite of the pain, while Wonyoung doesn’t know if she should be jealous or happy for the friend. It is so sweet that makes her feel bitter.

 

“Thank me that I brought you there!”

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in the dental clinic…

 

"So~..." Yuri sat on the client’s chair across Minjoo's desk as the dentist rested herself on her office chair. Yuri grinned, already teasing the dentist, knowing that the dental clinic director is finally seeking for happiness again, or probably, had found it already. Found that person who can make her smile genuinely, perfectly.

 

"How is it going?... Between you and Yujin-ssi?"  Yuri asked with her eyebrow wiggling.

 

 

Minjoo smiled, and her eyes are undoubtedly bright which made Yuri giggle.  “Fine?”  She answered, shrugging her shoulders a bit before resting her elbows on her desk as she scrolls through the long conversations she and Yujin had for days.

 

 

“What did you two talk about? Any improvements?”  Minjoo laughed a little.  “What progress? About her wisdom tooth? Well, she’s going to visit tomorrow for me to check her x-ray? She’s taking the antibiotics well. That’s all.”  She played innocent and explained, and Yuri nodded after hearing the truth(sadly, but it is true).

 

 

“ That’s all you talked about?”  Yuri asked, clarifying the information and she was answered by the dentist with a simple nod and a faint hum. But the clinical assistant is not giving up, there must be something else,  “But it is really surprising that you know that she’s taking the antibiotics well, like… does she texts you whenever she’s going to take her meds? That’s a bit weird, the director of a dental clinic is chatting with one, ONLY ONE client.”  Yuri saw the change of expression on Minjoo’s face.

 

 

“No, I just thought.”  Yuri chuckled upon sensing the lie, almost laughing devilishly.

 

 

“You thought? But you sounded so sure earlier.”  Totally disregarding their professionalism, (well, they are friends anyway), Yuri teased more and even signaled Minjoo to hand her the director’s phone. She just wants to check, as a friend.

 

 

“Seriously, I’m telling you the truth, Yuri.”  Yuri nodded while scrolling through Minjoo’s phone.  Yuri felt disappointed,  “Minjoo, you’re pretty, and looks t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter