Curiosity

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  There might some grammatical or typographical errors, I am just really lazy to proofread and English is not my mother language. Therefore, sorry in advance. But I'm hoping for you to enjoy~

 

 

2

 

 

             It's currently 5:08pm, they are now currently in a  desert parlor, Wonyoung and Yujin. The two decided to award themselves after finishing tons of works in their office, and now...

 

 

"This is so good."  Wonyoung commented, stuffing her cheeks with a large bite of blueberry cheese filled waffle. While Yujin remained silent as she drinks her caramel macchiato milk tea, but answered with a nod in response of yes.

 

 

The place is almost full, yet despite of the noise, Yujin's mind is still filled with the events from seven days ago. Yes, it has been a week since she went to that dental clinic with Wonyoung, but she is still curious about the same things as that day, and her curiosity just became bigger when the days passed by.

 

 

The more she tries to shrug it off, the more that the dentist who attended to her needs kept on entering her mind. The sound of the dentist's voice, and especially the way she chuckles that beautifully are still echoing in her ears. The eyes that she was able to observe that day keeps on flashing, how it is so bright whenever she's smiling, or even when she's doing the bare minimum.

 

 

"Hey!"  Wonyoung's whisper-yelling tone brought Yujin back to present, stopping her from reminiscing the image of the dentist, but not stopping her curiosity.

 

 

"You okay?"  Wonyoung asked, it has been probably good two minutes since Yujin had swallowed her food, but is still not taking more bites.

 

 

"I'm fine, just..."  Yujin contemplated, whether to say it or not. It's just strange, that she has the desire to know more about the dental clinic, or the owner of it.

 

 

"Just what? Tell me."  Her friend asked, biting her waffle one more time, and gave Yujin an asking look.

 

 

Yujin scanned her friend, Wonyoung, she knows the lady very well, she'll get teased if she'll ask, but her curiosity...

 

 

"About the dentist last week..."

 

 

"Hmm, yes, what about her? You're not satisfied? You need something to be done?"  Still clueless, Wonyoung stated her questions while eating on her own.

 

 

"No, it was good..."  No, it was actually excellent.

 

 

"I just want to ask something."  She clarified, bowing her head a little, already avoiding the eyes of the person across her as she heard a hum signalling her to go on.

 

 

"Have you... seen her face, like, without a mask on?"  Wonyoung's brows almost met. She looked at Yujin and stopped chewing. At that moment their eyes met, Yujin felt scared of getting teased already.

 

 

But having a thought of it,  "No, no. I haven't yet. Right, it has been months since I became a client and I haven't seen her face yet."   Yujin examined Wonyoung's expression and tone, it doesn't seem like the latter has gotten the hint yet, and that relaxed her senses, and gave her the courage to ask one more question which...

 

 

"Well, when are you going back there?"  She regretted immediately when Wonyoung's eyes blankly darted at her.

 

 

"Why did you even ask, it's weird."  Yujin thought and dropped her cup down at the table, sighed deeply and shook her head with her eyes closed, trying to shrug off the thoughts that has been bothering her for days.

 

 

"Yah."  Here it comes...

 

 

"Why are you curious anyway?"

 

 

There was no answer coming out from Yujin, Wonyoung took couples of seconds trying to decipher the expression on Yujin's face, and for an approximately two minutes...

 

 

"Do you perhaps..."  Wonyoung gasped...

 

 

"Is it Doctor Kim?" There she caught the sudden change of expression from Yujin, from trying not to express anything to a surprised puppy.

 

 

"Wow, HAHAHAHA!"  There are a lot of people sitting at different tables, but Wonyoung can neglect anyone at this moment.

 

 

"Are you planning to go with me to see her? That's why you asked me when I'll go there?"  Yujin wasn't able to form any words, too embarrass to even look at her 'true friend'. Well, she saw this, Wonyoung teasing her, she knows the woman can even do more than this.

 

 

"We can go there now, Yujin."   The smug look on Wonyoung's face painted faint red on Yujin's cheeks, and her getting shy, is already too visible for Wonyoung.

 

 

"I have an appointment."  It doesn't seem legit.

 

 

"No, that was a random thought. Forget it."  Yujin tried to shove the idea of her liking the dentist away from her friend, but Wonyoung isn't the type to just forget it.

 

 

"Okay..." She played along.

 

 

But when their foods and drinks are done...

 

 

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

 

 

"Yeah, take care."

 

 

"Okay, I'll visit the dental clinic for my retainers. Take care~"  Wonyoung turned her back towards Yujin, but still has that smirk on her lips, formed and firm.

 

 

"A-Are you really going there?"  Yujin asked, almost shouting for her friend to hear.

 

 

Wonyoung faced her, chuckled, then nodded. Yujin hesitated, it might be a joke since the lady is such a naughty one, but, let's see.

 

 

"Can I come with you?"  Wonyoung can't stop it anymore and let out laughs that turned some people's head towards them, she even clapped her hands, having a really great time teasing the other.

 

 

"Looks like not. Okay."  Yujin dropped her shoulders, and even with disappointment visible, Wonyoung kept laughing.

 

 

The laughing one decided to cling her arm on Yujin's, and walked with her to the clinic.

 

 

"I'm just teasing you. Of course, we'll go. For you, we will."

 

 

"WHAT!?"

 

 

 

 

"Wonyoung, we don't really have to do this."   Yujin is strong, but Wonyoung's naughty will is stronger.

 

 

Yujin tried getting off from the grip of her friend, but even with Wonyoung feeling uneasy and tired already, she still kept pulling the latter.

 

 

"We're already here, Yujin, come on."

 

 

"What are you? Insane?"

 

 

"We're going inside just because you want to tea-..."  Successful, Wonyoung was.

 

 

She managed to pull Yujin at least to enter the clinic. They have, again, collected pairs of eyes due to, again, being a little scandalous. Wonyoung gave Yujin a smug look before facing the front desk, and confirm her appointment.

 

 

"I have an appointment with Doctor Kim, I just came in time, right?"  It is true, that she has an appointment, and Yujin can't do anything anymore, they're here already. She watched Wonyoung while waiting for the confirmation from the front desk and as...

 

 

"Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter