I'm Here

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

 

               All of them were frozen from their spot as the mentioned person came, followed by the security guard who immediately, apologized to the director for not being able to keep the woman outside.

 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin were both confused, the woman seems pretty decent, why would the guard be commanded not to let her in. Wonyoung' head tilted from left to right, as she tries to decipher the expression on Minjoo's face, the guard and the woman.

 

 

The silence is embracing them, and it was awkward enough to feel suffocated, which Wonyoung decided to break, but just right at the moment she had opened her lips to speak...

 

 

"Who is she, Minjoo-ah?"  Wonyoung was taken aback, even the guard, when Yujin called the director informally, talking to her like she's not a client. Yujin, after couples of seconds of examining the woman, a particular night made her recognize the same image.

 

 

Minjoo feeling surprised, had to look at Yujin for a moment to scan the latter's expression. And just smart enough, she was able to comprehend the client's intention, and she will be thankful for it, for life.

 

 

"A-Ah, she's..."  Minjoo isn't really sure of what to say and how to introduce her, a reason for the woman herself to speak for her own,  "Kim Chaewon."  Offering a hand to shake, which Yujin gladly took with a smile.

 

 

"Ahn Yujin."  Minoo felt getting dry, and Wonyoung on the other side is still wondering what this scene is, in front of her.

 

 

"Are you a client, are you here for a visit? Sorry, we cut the line earlier."  A smirk shaped on Yujin's lip as soon as she paused her words there, thrilling all of them.

 

 

She doesn't want to lie by words, but she chose to start a play to just make this Kim Chaewon have the hint that Minjoo is no longer interested. Yujin, after the moment she saw the woman approaching them, she then witnessed how Minjoo's eyes weren't able to blink at the sight of the invader, and felt the dentist silently venting out fear.

 

 

And now, she's satisfied to see how Kim Chaewon's brows twitched upon her statement, but, the woman isn't backing out like that, she has to state her purpose of coming again,  "I came here to apologize for what I've done last time. If it'll be fine, Minjoo..."  Chaewon's eyed Yujin before continuing her sentence, and the younger one had her eyes squinted as their stares met.

 

 

Back to Minjoo,  "I want to properly say sorry by taking you for a dinner, perhaps."

 

 

The employees are gathering up behind Chaewon, everyone knows that their director actually doesn't want to involve herself anymore with the woman. Everyone in the facility at this current time is aware, except for Wonyoung.

 

 

Minjoo isn't answering, there's a lump in that is blocking the words she wants to say, and Yujin, who's waiting along with everyone, took a glance of the masked dentist. The mask is large enough to cover the half of the face of the dentist, but the shaking, clenching jaw is still noticeable for her.

 

 

"You are going with me to the pharmacy, right?"  Yujin asked, actually, it was a command toned as a question. She's knows, she's nobody, and is not in the right position to ever interfere, but seeing the dentist be in this unusual state made her want to help.

 

 

But if the dentist will actually say no to her, then, all she needs to be concerned about is her aching gums.

 

 

They all waited for Minjoo who's just eyeing the invader, by that time, Wonyoung has finally understood the scene. Her friend is trying to help, while the dentist... Her professionalism can't be seen from this very moment.

 

 

"Minjoo..."

 

 

"I..."  Minjoo took a deep breathe and averted her eyes down at her palms, took a couple of second to calm her insides and...

 

 

"You don't have to do much for an apology for what you've done."  The director spoke, making Yujin internally felt relieved.

 

 

She should at least have the ability and enough courage to speak out, she's the director and her composure is the most important among them, but then maybe, just like everyone else, we can't force her to just be smiley all the time. We all have limits anyway. Not even professionalism can cover several pounds of loneliness.

 

 

"But please..."  Minjoo continued, her eyes are hooded enough to say she's tired,  "Stop coming in here as if you still have some unfinished businesses with me. That's all I'm going to ask, and we may disregard the trouble you've brought last time."

 

 

Everyone saw how Chaewon was startled by hearing the request that has been ordered for her by... the woman she loves, but right, who is she anyway? Who is she today for Kim Minjoo? The dentist saw no further businesses with her anymore, no personal attachment to be involved with her and she has been cut out already. She just keeps on coming back.

 

 

"Okay, I'm sorry."  Was the only thing she was able to respond, and as soon as she replied, Minjoo began to take steps forward, leaving everyone.

 

 

But halted when,  "Let's go, we'll go to the pharmacy."  she felt Yujin not following.

 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin had to take a look of each other before following the dentist,  "I'll hand you the closing, we'll go ahead."  Minjoo instructed a security, then the three of them went out.

 

 

Wonyoung ran by the driver's door, while Yujin opened the back door for the dentist and let her go with them.  "Why do I feel like we're going for a race?"  Wonyoung buckled her seatbelt and joked, but the dentist took it seriously...

 

 

"I'm sorry to burden you this much,"  Surprising the two in front. The two clients looked at her through the rear view mirror and smiled at the dentist.  "It's fine, Doctor Kim."  Wonyoung replied, while Yujin just smiled.

 

 

The car engine , Wonyoung started driving, without even remembering where they are going. But the conversation continued, thanks to Wonyoung,  "That was quite a scene, what you did earlier, Yujin-ah."  Yujin only chuckled, she can't utter a word, the same state of bitterness she sensed earlier upon knowing that the woman shouting Minjoo's name that night was her ex, is the same taste she's having at this very time.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Yujin-ssi."  But the dentist made Yujin speak,  "It's okay, Doctor Kim. I'm more worried about calling you informally earlier."  Yujin answered and constructed it as a joke, successfully, she saw the dentist letting out a smile behind the mask.

 

 

"Right, that smile should stay right on those lips."  Yujin mumbled, making Minjoo feel a number of butterflies in her stomach, and distracting Wonyoung from driving.

 

 

"I wish my car has an eject passenger button.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter