Ep 02 ; Part 4 - Seyeon

Into You

I still cannot believe what had happened. He's the one who stared at me. With that look, everyone in this world would think just the same as me. Moreover, he told me that his sunbaes told him that he shouldn't tell me that he's in the first year so I will call him oppa. Didn't he also want me to call him oppa when he decided not to refuse his sunbaes? Isn't it a sign that he likes me? Didn't he just flirted with me just now? But then he looked at my sketchbook like nothing happened. What's behind that stare he gave me then? Wasn't it the stare a guy would give to a girl when he wants to kiss her? That's what happens in most of the dramas and movies.

I keep cycling slowly while nagging alone until I noticed someone on a bicycle in front of me. The girl is wearing the same school uniform as me. I approach her. "Annyoung..." 

"Annyoung... Sejeong-ah!" The girl is actually my classmate, Seyeon. 

"Oohh... Seyeon-ah! So you use this way to return home too?"

"Ne... Does this means that we can go back home together after this?" she asked in joy.

"Kure, kure! It's great! But I'm looking forward to stay at the dorm. But we sure can before I stay at the dorm."

"Ne... I'm sorry that I didn't approach you in the class."

"Aa... Gwencahana... Sohyun already told me about you and everyone in the class." Then, I remembered Sohyun told me that Seyeon has a fiance. I think she is the best person to ask about love. She must know a lot. But, will she be okay if I bring this thing up? I think I should just ask for goodness sake. "They told me that you have a fiance..."

"They told you even about that?" Seyeon laughs and I'm sure it's not a sensitive issue for her.

"Geunyang... If you don't mind, may I know what does it feels to fall in love?"

"Mw... Mweo?" She seems shocked to hear my question. 

"Ahaha... I know it's a weird question... But, to be exact, I'm actually entering a Webtoon Contest and the theme is love. But I find the theme quite difficult for me as I don't have any experience in love. So if you don't mind..."

"Kure... You know that is love when your heart beats faster when you see him."

"But my heart did beat faster when I see some handsome men, the idols for example. Does this means that I'm in love with all of them?"

"Ani... If it's love, your heartbeats are being different. It goes so fast that it might explode. You'll feel so anxious and your heart sicks if you lose him from your sight. And you'll keep thinking about him most of the time and sometimes you'll laugh and smile alone when you're in love."

"Jinjja? It seems like love is so scary..." Seriously, that's love? "Shouldn't love be a sweet thing?"

"Love is quite scary at first. And it becomes so sweet you might feel like flying in the air. But once you lose it, it's hurting so much you feel like dying."

"I see... That's why a lot of people commit suicide because of love. So are you trying to tell me that love hurts us more than makes us happy? Then, I think I won't involve in love."

"But if you find your true love, you shouldn't waste it. Just go for it. Like me, both Jongsuk and I trust that we are destined for each other, that's why we agreed on the arrangement. Love is all about trust and sincerity though."

"But how do you know that it's your true love?" Seyeon and I are in different level in this matter. I could not understand properly what she said.

"Your heart will know it. In love, you need to be sincere. Once you are sincere, your heart will give a sincere answer. Your heart knows better."

"You are beautiful, brilliant and elegant. Lucky you to have the traits every girls want. You also have a great fiance. I heard you want to be a doctor."

"Ne... That's why I need to study hard starting from now on. I'm not as rich as others. So I need to help myself." She keeps on smiling since I approach her just now.

"What does your father do?"

"He runs a small IT company."

"It's okay. I'm not from a wealthy family too. I live with my mother and she works in a small company. I promised her that I will give a lot of money for her someday."

"Ne... People like us need to study hard to get into university. We don't have money and we also don't have any cable to relay on."

"That's why I'm hoping to win this Webtoon contest because the winner will get a full scholarship at Hangguk University. But... Do you mean that our classmates are all wealthy?"

"Most of them. And some of them born with a ticket."

"Born with a ticket?"

"It means that they will get the important thing in their lives. For example, Tzuyu will surely inherit his family's hospital and Sehun, if he doesn't do well in his exam, he will surely get into university easily. Their life can't be compared to us."

"Wae? Why could he get into university easily?"

"His father is a lecturer at Hankuk University."

"I see..." 

"My house is at the right. Yours too?""

"Ani... I'll go straight. It's ten minutes more."

"Your house is quite far. Kureum... Bye-bye, Sejeong-ah!"

"Ne... Till we meet again tomorrow!"