Chapter 7

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

Things weren’t as awkward as I expected it to be after the kiss with Shuhua. She behaved like she always does, laughed like always, being savage like always and…cute like always. I think I’m the weird one to be honest..Never the less, the feelings of guilt are starting to stack up inside of me. Should I tell Mina? After the nice talk we had? Should I risk it? If not, what if she finds out?

«You going somewhere?», Shuhua asked me as I put on my shoes. I looked over to the girl standing in front of me with her hands behind her back. She just took a shower, everyone could tell as she smells like lavendel.

«Yeah, Mina and I are going on a picnic since it’s her day off today».

«Ahh..okay, true it’s Sunday. Ready for school tomorrow?», she smirked.

«Off don’t remind me of that», I said and patted her head. A part of me didn’t wanna leave her alone yet the other part has a stronger desire to see Mina.

«I’ll be leaving now, take this key with you and lock the door when you leave. The maids will be coming at about 3.», I handed her a spare key of our house.

«Sure Sure, have fun bean sprouts»

I waited in front of my house for Mina to pick me up. Just as I was about to take a look at my watch, a black fancy car approached. It’s none other than Mina.

«Just on time huh», she said and smiled at me.

«As always babe», I said and got in. We drove for about a half hour before arrivng at the han river. It’s on the quieter side of the fampus tourist spot as we wanted to have some quality time alone.

«It’s been so long since we had time for each other isn’t it?», Mina said as I unpacked our lunch. She’s right, I don’t really remember the last time we actually spend some time with each other.

«Was about time», I said.

«Do you love me?», the suddden question of Mina made me flinch a bit.

«Yes, why do you ask?»

«Just so», she casually said without any other information. We ate our lunch which I prepared and had some small talks along with cuddles. Seems like even after every fight we’ve been through, she’s still very comfortable with me, I’m really glad about that. Mina trusts me and yet I’m hiding things from her..this ain’t fair I know but..

«Babe?»

«Hmh?», she said as made herself comfortable on my tights.

«I’ve got to tell you something…», I said, still thinking if it’s a good idea to share the incident from yesterday with her. She’d hate Shuhua..and..it’s even more complicated to tell her that I will hang out with the foreign girl but I just hate the feeling of guilt that has been inside me.

«Shuhua kissed me yesterday….», I said. There wa sno response, she didn’t move and didn’t say anything. After 2 minutes of complete silence which felt like hours she got up and looked at me. Her forced smile was showed how hurt she was, her teary eyes made my heart break. But before I could even say anything more, she finally spoke up.

«Did..you kiss her back?»

«N-no I didn’t it was too sudden for me to react, I couldnt move I didn’t know what’s going on too..»

«Hmh okay then»

«I’m sorry..I just wanted to let you know»

«It’s alright, as long as you’re mine », she said as she kissed my cheeks. Her expressions were blank before she forced herself to smile a little. It hurted me to see her like this but as soon as I had the thought, her smile changed into a somewhat evil one, she looked like she loved the thought of something, something I don’t know about. I was curious but I didn’t dare to ask any questions but reather enjoy the rare moment we share together. I love spending time with her but why..why is Shuhua crosing my mind every now and then…

After our somewhat romantic picnic date Mina dropped me at my house. My parents were back and demanded me to come home as fast as possible. I didn’t mind since I’ve been spending the whole day with Mina already but the penguin didn’t wanna let go as I was about to get off the car.

« Babe », she whispered.

« Yeah ? »

« I love you », she said and leaned forward for a kiss. We haven’t kissed each other for a while since she’s been busy. Is it maybe why it feels so weird? I tried to shrug the thought away and kissed her back.

«I gotta go», I said and stepped out the car. Looking back at my girlfriend one last time tos ay goodbye I saw the look on her face. She felt it. She felt my forced kiss..

« See you », she said and drove off. I ed up big time now I guess…

I entered my house to be greeted by the maids, my parents and..the Yeh’s ? They were sitting at the table, dinner already in front of them. This feels like a deja vu…I sat down, at the same place as I did when I first met Shuhua. But this time was different, she looked at me and smiled. Back then she’d give me an annoyed look and ignore me. Guess we grew closer to each other than I expected us to.

« What’s the tea ? », I asked and my mother gave me a small slap on my shoulder.

« Jesus Sae, be a bit more formal with your words», she said and facepalmed herself.

« As lively as ever », Mrs. Yeh said and laughed.

« Well now that we’re complete, Sae, Shuhua, we know it’s been difficult for you guys since it’s an arranged marriage. We wanted to apologize for that. Eventho we still love the idea of you guys getting married fort he two companies sake, we want you guys to decide for yourselves», my dad said and looked at both of us. My heart skipped a beat. This ist he chance Shuhua and I have been waiting for, the chance to cancel this bull and to be happy with Mina. This, this is the thought the me 2 months ago still had, so why am I feeling uneasy right now? Why am I hesitating? I looked at Shuhua, her smile disappeared and she looked like the first time I saw her. Is she happy about the announcement? Will she agree to cancel ? She probably will I mean she was againts it from the very beginning.

«So?», Mr. Yeh asked and looked at his daughter. None of us said anything at all. The whole table was surrounded by silence and awkwardness.

«Do you guys..need more time to think over ? », Mrs. Yeh broke off the silence.

« Oh my oh my did the two of you came to like each other ? », my mom smirked.

« No ! », we both chanted in sync.

«Hmh is that so?», Mrs. Yeh asked and smirked along my mom. Again there was silence. Why can’t I speak up? This ist he time I’ve been waiting for. I mean just because this marriage will be cancelled, Shuhua and I can still be friends! Why is it to hard for me to say soemthing and the most important question is, why isn’t Shuhua saying something…

«As much I’d love to give you guys more time to decide, we nee dan answer. Business isn’t going to wait», my dad said.

«Mom, dad», Shuhua finally spoke up. Her parents looked at their daughter, confused about the sudden voice that broke the silence.

« Yes sweetheart ? », her mom patted her back. Well now it’s the time. Shuhua’s gonna cancel this nonesense or whatever it is off. Why am I so nervous.. ?

« Please don’t cancel this marriage », she said and I nodded. Wait ! What ?! I looked at her. She was dead serious.

«Is this your wish too Sae?», my dad looked at me, everyone was looking at me, everyone except for Shuhua. Her eyes were fixed on the table, waiting for my response.

«Y-yeah..», I suddenly said without thinking. What the was that about. Why..did I just agreed..? And why do I feel at ease now..

«Then it’s settled», Mr. Yeh said and raised his glass to clink with the others.

Later that night, when the Yeh’s were about to leave I pulled Shuhua over as our parents still had some small talk in front oft he door.

«Shuhua are you..are you sure ? », I whispered.

« I could ask you the same thing, you agreed »

« I..true but..you were against it!»

«Just as you were»

«What’s the deal about it? Why didn’t you cancel..», I asked. She looked into mye yes and I could feel my heart starting to melt. Those eyes, were they the one I’ve been craving to see eventho I was spending time with Mina? Iss he the girl that haunts me?

«I think you know why»

«What do you mean?», I asked in confusion.

« You’re so naive Sae »

« Whu- Dude ! This ain’t the time to bully me ! », I said and she sighed.

« I’m not gonna hand you over, especially not to that witch», she finally said and walked to her parents not looking back even once.

Did..did she call Mina a witch ?! What the hell…